Post Temple game discussion. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Post Temple game discussion.

Reaction Score
Did the fans leave early? They showed the stands around 8 minutes left and it looked pretty empty except for the student section which looked full.

Reaction Score
Gaffney is poised. I like him a lot. Runs the offense well, doesn’t get flustered, sees the court well. Those shots he missed will begin to fall. Bright future ahead for him.

Vital I just love to death. Yes he’s frustrating but he’s given UConn everything he’s got.

Adams looked like he belonged out there and was not afraid to make things happen. He will be a big piece of the next 2.5 years.

Whaley I like too. Obviously he has limitations, especially on offense, but he knows his role and brings intensity. He’s a smart player who works hard.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Incident?
There were some rumblings that something happened before or during practice... from what I’ve heard.

Reaction Score
There were some rumblings that something happened before or during practice... from what I’ve heard.
Just great leadership from a veteran! Awesome culture! Wonder if that hurts us with that guy Zocko Littleton 2022 recruit. Likes UConn because of AG.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Only 10 turnovers is a main reason

This.

Great game - thought the kids played with less mental overhead than the team tends usually does. There were no three or four minute stretches where they let themselves get swamped. There were a couple of moments where I thought it could happen, but they got right out of it.

Also, I think getting Carlton involved early just has to be a thing. I don’t care if he punts the first three touches into the upperdeck, he’s gotta be involved.

The usual caution about putting too much on one game aside, that was fun.

Reaction Score
This.

Great game - thought the kids played with less mental overhead than the team tends usually does. There were no three or four minute stretches where they let themselves get swamped. There were a couple of moments where I thought it could happen, but they got right out of it.

Also, I think getting Carlton involved early just has to be a thing. I don’t care if he punts the first three touches into the upperdeck, he’s gotta be involved.

The usual caution about putting too much on one game aside, that was fun.

Gaffney’s entry passes to Carlton were much better than we have seen. It could be his height is better suited to get it to the post or he has a better touch regarding entry passes

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It’s not going to show in the box but Jalen Gaffney played really well. He may end up being our best passer since M-Will. His BB-IQ is off the chart, he rarely makes a mistake on offense.

I‘m laughing because I made that comparison two weeks ago, admitting he’s not the passer Marcus was because damn few are. People here mostly said I was nuts. The kid sees the floor. He will get better and be really good.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Gaffney’s entry passes to Carlton were much better than we have seen. It could be his height is better suited to get it to the post or he has a better touch regarding entry passes
Gaffney is the best passer on the team. He’s the perfect PG for a kid like Carlton.

Reaction Score
Gilbert was held out of practice Tuesday, and the decision was made for him to take a break. Team sources expect Gilbert will eventually return to the team this season, but there is no timetable. He was not at Gampel Pavilion Wednesday.

Reaction Score
He isn’t flashy but he values the ball. He‘s not trying to be Russell Westbrook. He’s a classic pass first point guard who manages the game and makes smart decisions.

Gaff is a “point guard” not a “ combo guard” trying to play point guard.

We have not had a true “point guard” in how long? It was nice to see and refreshing

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I‘m laughing because I made that comparison two weeks ago, admitting he’s not the passer Marcus was because damn few are. People here mostly said I was nuts. The kid sees the floor. He will get better and be really good.
If he is bazz or boat level passer I can live with that.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Team played well. UConn was more talented, and they dominated Temple athletically.

Reaction Score
Should’ve started Gaffney in December
No that‘s about as ignorant a comment as I’ve heard recently but don’t feel bad you fit in nicely with the other bonehead Boneyarders .
Just in case you forgot here’s why:
Gaffney was nursing a bad ankle which slowed his progress he was nowhere near ready to start the season.
He also re-injured that ankle just before the conference play when I thought he earned the legitimate backup job. Remember we didn’t have even a backup to Gilbert never mind a replacement Everyone was speculating and it looked like no one stepped up.
Those nice early wins and competitive losses were because of tough team D and Gilbert was the heart of it. Only Adams showed any defensive toughness but he isn’t a PG.
I’m no Hurley Fluffer but he had no choice but to go with Gilbert.
When he passed on a Juco in favor of Cole “ Alea Iacta Est”

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

There’s something to this.

I also think he is a little more deferential on the court, perhaps because he’s a freshman. If Hurley tells him to do something, he’s more apt to do it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom