OT: - Post some Tasty Jazz Flavored Tunes | Page 10 | The Boneyard

OT: Post some Tasty Jazz Flavored Tunes

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Johnny Johnson, Chuck Berry's long time piano player, with his own boogie solo. Johnson is in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame as a sideman. Listen to his keyboards on You Never Can Tell.

Reaction Score
Johnny Johnson, Chuck Berry's long time piano player, with his own boogie solo. Johnson is in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame as a sideman. Listen to his keyboards on You Never Can Tell.

That was awesome!

HHH

Hartford Hall Husky
Reaction Score
New Orleans is jazz.

I was about 10 when my dad returned from a business trip to New Orleans with an autographed copy of the "plenty of Pete" album by Pete Fountain as a gift for me. The only song I could ever even come close to emulating was "Stranger on the Shore". Hearing it again always brings back fond memories of my dad....

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
@MSGRET Another one of his great songs. That's awesome you got to meet him and Ike Cole.
My father was a jazz drummer, had two different jazz trio's when I was growing up in Indiana. He used to have Ike Cole and his trio come over to the house for jam sessions when Ike was in town for gig's. Ike would play at Purdue and other places in town at least twice a year. Ike was going to get his brother Nat to come over in the Summer of 65 when he was scheduled to play at Purdue, but Nat passed in February of that year. The last time I saw Ike was in 72, a year before I joined the Army. What is sad is that both brothers died of Cancer Nat in 65 and Ike in 2001. Here is a clip of Ike doing a tribute to his brother Nat. I wish they had left the dancing out and just showed Ike.

Reaction Score
My father was a jazz drummer, had two different jazz trio's when I was growing up in Indiana. He used to have Ike Cole and his trio come over to the house for jam sessions when Ike was in town for gig's. Ike would play at Purdue and other places in town at least twice a year. Ike was going to get his brother Nat to come over in the Summer of 65 when he was scheduled to play at Purdue, but Nat passed in February of that year. The last time I saw Ike was in 72, a year before I joined the Army. What is sad is that both brothers died of Cancer Nat in 65 and Ike in 2001. Here is a clip of Ike doing a tribute to his brother Nat. I wish they had left the dancing out and just showed Ike.

Great story and video!

Reaction Score
Murray's Song - Will Ackerman, just beautiful:

I always like Windham Hill artists. Will, for sure, and my fav. is George Cromarty...he, in another life, did "Plastic Jesus."

Reaction Score
I listened to Murray's Song, again, and put it on 'save', even though I have it in my Will Ackerman collection, downstairs. Here's one of my favorite George Cromarty pieces, Mother with Child...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom