Post Rotation possibilities | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Post Rotation possibilities

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
There will be many combinations for Geno to choose from and work them in. I see alot of players getting playtime. Paige Azzi and Caroline imo have to start. Caroline proved last season what she can do without Paige and Azzi in the lineup. Caroline was money. That leaves Dorka and Edwards. This season I feel Amari will be a big surprise. She has a good outside shot and can play up top feeding the ball to her team mates.

First things first. We need to get healthy, followed by up to speed. Edwards and ICE are big bodies and that will serve us well. Our underclassman need to be developed and ready for March. Hey last season with all our injuries and tuff NCAA schedule we hobbled into the final game. This season should be alot better if we stay healthy.

One thing the portal has done is made coaches aware of play me or I will go someplace where I can play. That is the thought on many of the better players minds. We lost Saylor and Mir last season. UConn is full of talent and those kids will need to play and imo will play. I dont think people realize what a great great coach Geno is. We have seen over the years how he develops his players using discipline and his tuff love. Many become great players. We have seen players who came to UConn as freshman develop into WNBA stars many who our fans doubted as freshman. We have also seen many really good players go elsewhere and never make the WNBA. IMO there is only one school and one coach who does that and we've got them.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I have now heard several references to Amari having “shown promise” or some other statement along those lines and, while I am desperately hoping she is able to step up and contribute meaningfully this season, I must say, I cannot remember any of these “promising” moments. I can only remember garbage time where she basically threw up threes every chance she got. I do remember she had a few games with multiple assists. Perhaps this is what they are referring to? This is not meant as a put down or attack on her, merely questioning when these moments occurred? Again, I have high hopes for her going forward but I must have either missed something or there’s a bit of revisionist history going on.
Amari's most promising moment of the season was during a three minute stretch in second quarter of the Georgia Tech game. During that three minute stretch Amari made a basket to give UCONN the lead at 22 to 20 collected two defense rebounds and made two fouls shots-the last of which again gave UCONN the lead. Granted it was a very short time but in those few minutes Amari showed that she belong. She was operating with very great pace against an AAC team that had a decent front line which included Lorela Cubaj who was a WNBA draft pick this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom