Post Game thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Post Game thread

Reaction Score
We’ve been saying this for 4 years now. I believe in you and some older posters but we are down 11 to these bums. This is unwatchable. The uniform that carried so much respect and honor has been soiled and we are now fighting to be an average team in an ok conference. We are losythe moral victories as well. At this point I’m wondering who is staying for more of this swill next year so we can “reload “ and go 3 games over 500. It hurts to have your season end in week one of conference play.
No excuse for them playing this badly but our frontcourt is disgustingly bad, probably the worst in the entire country. It certainly isn't our only problem but it's by far our most glaring along with our mentality.

Hurley has a proven track record or turning around sinking/sunk ships. It doesn't happen right away but I'm confident it will happen. He will be bringing in his type of players and more talented players.

Reaction Score
This team is made up of a bunch of losing players. They are so weak mentally and physically. Probably could have used some roster turnover when Hurley took over.
He didn't want to rock the boat but I know Hurley was blown away by how weak this group is when he took over, he wasn't expecting things to be as bad as they are.

Reaction Score
If I'm Hurley I'm scouring the post-grad transfer list & hopefully start with a mostly empty roster come May.

Sid, AG, Polley & Vital (just because someone need to fill the roster) and that's it

Reaction Score
He looks like he weighs 180 at 6'9. Vital can more than likely box him out with ease.
That is the problem I see in a nutshell. The other teams seem to be bigger, wider, and tougher overall. Lack of physicality is not able to be overcome with finesse against these teams. It has been a problem for UConn for a few years now.

Reaction Score
Blaming J. Adams is getting old. It's a team game. I see nothing from Carlton against teams 200 and above. Polley, no comment. Others are at fault as well. Hurley not exempt either. Sigh.
He is supposed to be our leader and our superstar. When your leader and your superstar plays like that, it trickles down and spreads like a cancer.

Reaction Score
Polley is hurting this team. Has 1 rebound in 3 games. He has to hit threes and he hasn’t been. Can’t play D.

Hurley can’t do much with this roster. Just like Ollie. Oh well season over. We will have a losing season again. I don’t care what anyone says. This is not a good USF team. Scrappy yes but not good.

Reaction Score
He didn't want to rock the boat but I know Hurley was blown away by how weak this group is when he took over, he wasn't expecting things to be as bad as they are.

He did the right thing, and there wasn’t much available when he took over. This roster will be drastically different come next year.

Reaction Score
This team is made up of a bunch of losing players. They are so weak mentally and physically. Probably could have used some roster turnover when Hurley took over.

Retaining everyone was the right move in terms of keeping the trust of the guys who did stick around, but we need a complete roster overhaul, Hurley knows it, and it is coming.

He will be blunt at the end of the year in terms of what kind of playing time guys can expect going forward. None of the frontcourt guys will like what they hear.

Reaction Score
I really hope we see some defections. I won't name names but there are players who simply don't belong on a UConn roster.

Reaction Score
That is the problem I see in a nutshell. The other teams seem to be bigger, wider, and tougher overall. Lack of physicality is not able to be overcome with finesse against these teams. It has been a problem for UConn for a few years now.

Roscoe Smith had a similar build though and could rebound like a terror. Plus Polley is often hanging out at the perimeter and has no drive to box out or attack the rim after a miss. Its actually amazing how few rebounds he gets.

Reaction Score
Fourteen games in and we still can't play a complete game. Nothing against USF. They played a solid game and wanted it more. Let's be realistic. We will be lucky to even make the NIT this year. I hope Kofi watched this game and sees how badly we need him.

Reaction Score
Why do I have a feeling that this season in summation is going to be a graphic as a "bad loss" for a bubble team.. Man, this is frustrating, disappointing, and frankly a little embarrassing. I don't even know what to say anymore. After this start to the conference play, our upcoming schedule and the general life around the program over the past three years it makes being a fan really, really difficult. I'll stick through it like I always do - but it's tough to be positive when one of the things you care about the most has just been beaten by South Freaking Florida.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
It was disgraceful to watch our big men play softer than any frontcourt in the history of UConn basketball. The effort from them and the team in general is disheartening to people that put their hearts and souls into rooting for this program. We need better big men and new players that will change the culture and we need them now.

Reaction Score
I don’t care how many points Adams scores, he and this team can’t pass, rebound, box out or play basic basketball. So disappointing.
Or catch. Look at things. Notice they are all bunched together leaving guys open. Coach is lost, not stopping bleeding runs with timeouts or hard fouls. No one takes this personally accept vital who dare I say is the leader of this team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom