Post Game Thoughts and Reflections | The Boneyard

Post Game Thoughts and Reflections

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

huskymagic

I am proud of the effort of this team and we put up a good performance yesterday in front of a national audience. Proud of Boatright and Facey who stepped up yesterday.
Boat--- He was awesome last night, and really showed why he is a top 5 point guard in America last night. He was a warrior and highhandedly kept us in striking distance to win the game.

Facey-- He is a big time player and showing that he is our best overall big who can rebound, defend, and score around the basket against good competition. He will keep improving and his upside is tremendous.

Brimah--- Unlucky with that first foul which ruined his night. Some phantom calls in the second half and that deflated his night and our night as a team. He needs to do a better job playing straight up and not picking up silly fouls.

Purvis-- His 8 points had no impact on the game, and his decision making, intangibles, and shot making are atrocious for someone as highly recruited as him who is now in his 3rd year. This UCONN team will not be good this year if we have to rely on Purvis. T-Sam going ou last 4 minutes really hurt us last night as he was playing well and hounding Duke's guards.

Lubin---- Seeing what Facey is doing, Ollie needs to take a better look at Lubin and give him some more minutes to see what he can do.

Reaction Score
The one real encouraging sign going forward to me is that the upside for hamilton, facey, and brimah is off the charts.

H

huskymagic

The one real encouraging sign going forward to me is that the upside for hamilton, facey, and brimah is off the charts.

Yea our frontcourt is better than people think. Facey needs some touches in the post other than put backs and hustle plays. He has the talent. We are in trouble if we need to rely on Purvis to make perimeter shots. His lack of intangibles, decision making, shot making, and bad chemistry with Boatright is bad for the team. T-Sam is our 2nd best guard whether he scores or not he affects the game more for us. I am not an Omar homer like some boneyarders, but I think eh deserves to start over Purvis in the Columbia game to see what he can give us.

Purvis needs to be a 6th man on this team so there is no pressure on him.

Reaction Score
I wish you guys would stop asking for the offense to flow through Facey. He did last night what he will do best for now. He can't dribble the ball more than once without a panic and his passing is suspect at best unless he's handing it off. He hasn't made a jumper so why take him away from what can get him 14 and 9? Let it go, we need others to step up to handle and help Boat, not Kentan. Maybe the occasional mismatch we can dump it in there and let him go, other than that keep him around the basket to clean up - he was good!

H

huskymagic

I wish you guys would stop asking for the offense to flow through Facey. He did last night what he will do best for now. He can't dribble the ball more than once without a panic and his passing is suspect at best unless he's handing it off. He hasn't made a jumper so why take him away from what can get him 14 and 9? Let it go, we need others to step up to handle and help Boat, not Kentan. Maybe the occasional mismatch we can dump it in there and let him go, other than that keep him around the basket to clean up - he was good!

Mauconn its part of my overall philsophy of feeding the bigs to allow spacing for Boat and Hamilton to operate. I like our quintuplet of Boat, Ham, Facey, Amida, and T-Sam. Hamilton needs to be stronger with the ball and take open shots and be more selfish. Other than Boat he is the only capable shooter on this team. Hamilton needs to step up in the big games and be like Jeremy Lamb was for Kemba, confident to take and make the big shot from the perimeter. It has to be Hamilton for this team to be successful and contend for the NCAA title this year.

Reaction Score
I agree on Facey. Next year's team top 3 if we get Stone and Newman and they play 2 & 4 or top 15 without either and top 10 or better with just Stone. All assuming no one leaves between Brimah, DHam, Purvis.

Brimah is the wildcard, he will start playing these crappy AAC teams and think he's better than he is. I trust that KO will regularly remind him how overmatched he was against Puke and UT.

H

huskymagic

I agree on Facey. Next year's team top 3 if we get Stone and Newman and they play 2 & 4 or top 15 without either and top 10 or better with just Stone. All assuming no one leaves between Brimah, DHam, Purvis.

Brimah is the wildcard, he will start playing these crappy AAC teams and think he's better than he is. I trust that KO will regularly remind him how overmatched he was against Puke and UT.

I think Kevin Ollie was a little too quick with subbing Brimah out making him uncomfortable when he was out there. I would have much rather he subbed Brimah out when he got the 2 fouls not right after the first one, as that set a bad tone for the team as soon as that happened. D-Ham needs to step it up on the perimeter and take and make those open 3's he is getting. He needs to be Boat's Jeremy Lamb if UCONN wants to go places this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom