Post Game Quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Quotes

Niels Giffey
"There are going to be days when I step up. Today I had to step up with some key guys who don't get minutes. I had one of the key (defensive) match-ups against (Tommy Breton) who had, I think, 14 rebounds (against Canisius) last night. So I kind of I knew who I was going against. When I boxed him out over and over again, little things like that can get you really motivated."

I love that even though it was his scoring that stood out, he was excited about boxing out a rebounder over and over.

Reaction Score
And that it's obviously something the coaching staff emphasized. (I doubt Giff read up on the 14 boards vs. Canisius on his own.)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Quotes

Niels Giffey
"There are going to be days when I step up. Today I had to step up with some key guys who don't get minutes. I had one of the key (defensive) match-ups against (Tommy Breton) who had, I think, 14 rebounds (against Canisius) last night. So I kind of I knew who I was going against. When I boxed him out over and over again, little things like that can get you really motivated."

I love that even though it was his scoring that stood out, he was excited about boxing out a rebounder over and over.
And that it's obviously something the coaching staff emphasized. (I doubt Giff read up on the 14 boards vs. Canisius on his own.)
Either way, I'm glad to see that he was prepared. You can't count on execution, but preparation sure improves your chances.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Always good to hear a guy priding himself more on the fundamentals than on his box score tallies. Team players like that are basically what make a team... well, a team.

Reaction Score
Quotes

Niels Giffey

I thought NG was the difference, especially when he hit a few shots that he passed up early. He always hustles and plays defense. I hope he takes the shots when he should going forward. This team will not make it with SN and RB taking all the shots. They also can't make it if those 2 need to play 39 minutes a game. Rotate OC in and spell each a bit when you can (until RE gets back). I like the look of NG and DD both starting with TO. We need more help on the boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom