Post-game quotes | The Boneyard

Post-game quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Seimone on her younger teammate:

Q: Do you think Maya knows exactly how good she is?

A: No she doesn’t. She still thinks she has a lot to do and I think she’s just tapping into her potential. She can do some amazing things and we’ve seen some wonderful things out of her early on into her career and just think about 3-4 years from now how she’s going to develop into probably a Jordanesk (sic) like player.

As we know, even when Maya is the most talented player on the court, she still plays the hardest.

Reaction Score
Seimone on her younger teammate:

Q: Do you think Maya knows exactly how good she is?

A: No she doesn’t. She still thinks she has a lot to do and I think she’s just tapping into her potential. She can do some amazing things and we’ve seen some wonderful things out of her early on into her career and just think about 3-4 years from now how she’s going to develop into probably a Jordanesk (sic) like player.

As we know, even when Maya is the most talented player on the court, she still plays the hardest.

agree!

Reaction Score
Geno said this about Parker:

The one thing that we’ve been really, really, really harping on Candace is to really sprint the floor and get herself in situations to score before the defense gets set, and to be a factor in every possession and I thought tonight she was .

Good and it showed. She ran the floor well. One of my criticisms of her play in college was she didn't push herself hard running the court.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

The one thing that we’ve been really, really, really harping on Candace is to really sprint the floor and get herself in situations to score before the defense gets set, and to be a factor in every possession and I thought tonight she was .

Good and it showed. She ran the floor well. One of my criticisms of her play in college was she didn't push her as hard running the court.
This is exactly what I was referring to when I said that Candace could be even better. We saw how much Jayne Appel improved in college when she ran the floor better. Running has been one of Tina's keys to greatness over the past four years. It is a key facet of Maya's game. If Candace beats her defender down the court, she can receive the ball in positions where she is unstoppable. It's basic, not fancy, but it's very effective.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score

Good and it showed. She ran the floor well. One of my criticisms of her play in college was she didn't push her as hard running the court.

Agree 1,000%. She had a fantastic game today and what Geno said was the difference IMO. And I have never seen her do that before. Not even once, in all these ears.

Reaction Score
This is exactly what I was referring to when I said that Candace could be even better. We saw how much Jayne Appel improved in college when she ran the floor better. Running has been one of Tina's keys to greatness over the past four years. It is a key facet of Maya's game. If Candace beats her defender down the court, she can receive the ball in positions where she is unstoppable. It's basic, not fancy, but it's very effective.

agree on all pts.

Add that the O sistahs runs the floor incredibly well too :)

Reaction Score
Agree 1,000%. She had a fantastic game today and what Geno said was the difference IMO. And I have never seen her do that before. Not even once, in all these ears.

also agree.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
agree on all pts.

Add that the O sistahs runs the floor incredibly well too :)
Agreed. Put pressure on the other guys and wear them down over 40 minutes.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lots of agreement going on here. It's a regular kumbaya thread. Let's see who upsets that. :)

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Yeah, this is what I was saying yesterday about Geno's possible influence on Parker, just to add to this sickening agreement thread....Doggy, somebody?

Reaction Score
Well, I bet Nneka could beat Candace (with an A, not I), down the court. :)

there. :)

Reaction Score
Umm...But the O sisters aren't on the team this year...

per semper (above) "Yeah, this is what I was saying yesterday about Geno's possible influence on Parker, just to add to this sickening agreement thread....Doggy, somebody?"

I was trying to help- was being sarcastic about changing the agreement thread. I believe the Nneka discussion ran its course. :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

Good and it showed. She ran the floor well. One of my criticisms of her play in college was she didn't push herself hard running the court.

Exactly, and thus we have the proof that Geno could have helped to make CP3 even better than the player she was coming out of TN because he is doing just that today. He will not let great talent cheat what they can be.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Candace appears to agree.

Candace Parker (Los Angeles Sparks)
How did you feel tonight?
I think that Coach and the team is looking for me being confident and playing with intensity. I think that’s my biggest thing is sometimes I get in my own head. I think tonight, he just gave me two things to do: just rebound and run the ball. We’re going to play defense but I tried to focus on that and my teammates did a good job of getting me the ball.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Exactly, and thus we have the proof that Geno could have helped to make CP3 even better than the player she was coming out of TN because he is doing just that today. He will not let great talent cheat what they can be.
Exactly. If he had coached Candace in college, he would have felt a tremendous responsibility to get her as far as she could go. She would have gone from the worst post player in America to the best. :D

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

I have a thought which relates more to Griner than to Parker, but it may apply to Parker as well - when a player knows she will be playing substantial minutes (Griner often played 40), it is natural to pace yourself a bit, to make sure you don't wear out. Parker now has the luxury, knowing that most everyone on the bench is a NPOY, or close, that she can play full out knowing that if she needs a breather, the "sub" will be extremely talented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom