Post Game: Let me be the first to say.... | The Boneyard

Post Game: Let me be the first to say....

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Nope. I feel like an Eagle with a big fat salmon in its talons. Better - a bear with his paw in the honey hive! I know it was West Chester, but so much of what was positive out there had little to do with the opponent. Bring on the TV soon! This is going to be a heap load of fun.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
We looked really good. Granted we played a DII team but we executed well and on defense we tipped a lot of balls. We had quick hands. Saniya looked very comfortable and made some nice steals. She is quick and has quick hands deflected some passes and dribbles and was gone on the fast breaks. Saniya MoJeff and Kia Nurse can penetrate and get to the hoop. I really like the combo of Saniya Kia and MoJeff. I don't see any weaknesses there. We have 3 terrific guards who know how to run the offense and who can play really good defense. All the freshman seemed a little nervous when they first came in but looked good their second/reentry time in. Give them a couple of games and they will fine.

Kia Stokes will be known as the ReJector. A great shot blocker. She can score too. Kia looked very confident out there. Between Breanna and Kia blocking shots the intimidation factor set in and will in the future. Morgan made some nice plays underneath but was a little rusty. A couple of fouls but shes too talented and she will be fine. As a team I didn't think we shot great from the outside at first but as the game went on we were fine. Everybody started slow from the outside then got it going, which is understandable in their first game. Later in the game Geno tried different combinations and pulled the starters and pulled the fast break, thus a lack of scoring but we still broke 100 pts.

After our first game it will be Tuck and Nurse off the bench followed by Williams. Once Geno develops Williams she will be star. She can do so much and has so much talent and ability. A work in process if you will which could make her a big time star once she is developed.

All the freshman were thinking to much when they first got in the game. When they settled down which happened when they reentered the game they were fine. Courtney Ekmark I was told is a pure shooter. When she got it going she got it going and will be a threat from the outside which will open up the middle. She played good defense. Gabby Williams very athletic and will be one of Genos projects which I mean in a good way. He will build her into a terrific player. She has the skills and Geno will pull the talent skills and coaching together to make her a very special player. Saniya and Kia Nurse is poised confident and can lead this team. When Kia reentered the game she was in charge. I was very impressed with her leadership.

Lawlor Polito and Edwards all played well. Lawlor is serious and competitive. You can tell she wants to prove herself and get more minutes. On this team they all will get minutes. LOL You must be wondering why I didn't talk about Breanna and KML. I didn't because they have nothing to prove. Theyre both super stars much like MoJeff and will be fine.

One note. KML and Breanna scored in a variety of ways and you really don't notice it. It all came within the flow of the game. All this team needs is a few games under their belt and they will be flying. I will caution you in big games expect freshman turnovers. They are freshman and inexperienced so expect turnovers and Geno will get them on track.

I saw Natalie Butler. She is a big girl at 6'5 she towers over her team mates and coaches. She is going to be a special player next season. She was dressed very nice much like Meghan Gardler and like MG she looks like a tuff player. I think we've got another great one in Natalie. Down the road in a couple of years Kia Nurse Saniya Chong Morgan Tuck Natalie Butler and next years class is a great start.

Next exhibition game is next Sunday at the XL Center Boneyard meeting by the Trumbull exit before the game and at the half.

Reaction Score
Tonyc and DD prove why the BY is the best WCBB blog on the internet! Well done gentlemen!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I stand convinced; we are indeed doomed.

Reaction Score
Great to see the BY's at the game! Nice to put names to faces! TonyC and I are alot alike, everything is coming up roses for the Huskies! Only illness and/or injuries can hurt UCONN! A really athletic group! In a month their defense will be unbeatable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom