Post-Bracket Media Availability & Amari update (merged) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Post-Bracket Media Availability & Amari update (merged)

Reaction Score
i know it would never happen, but i wish Geno would consider changing the starting lineup... add Q or Ice and bring Ashlynn or KK off the bench.
very typically he goes the entire first quarter without a sub, if this change was made you know there would be a 1Q sub, this changes the flow of the game. also, see how refs will be calling game, etc. i just never understood the 'importance' of who physically starts the game.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
i know it would never happen, but i wish Geno would consider changing the starting lineup... add Q or Ice and bring Ashlynn or KK off the bench.
very typically he goes the entire first quarter without a sub, if this change was made you know there would be a 1Q sub, this changes the flow of the game. also, see how refs will be calling game, etc. i just never understood the 'importance' of who physically starts the game.
Yeah, using the same starting 5 (excluding the BET due to another injury) for the last couple of months was just an experiment and not the "real" 5 players that Geno wants to start.

Reaction Score
With the players available for this team he is playing the best 5 available. Ice and Q provide a few minutes here and there as necessary. As Geno has stated, he plays the players he trusts.

Reaction Score
Ice? And have no posts in reserve in the event she and/or Aaliyah get in foul trouble?

Reaction Score
i just never understood the 'importance' of who physically starts the game
There is validity to your point when you have a bench of the quality & quantity it looked as if we were going to have last Summer. We are not in Kansas any more.

This is not a knock on Q, she's progressed reasonably well as a Freshman and there's great upside, but right now the drop-off when she replaces an existing starter is substantial. There have been and will be games when she's "on" but that's something you find out as the game progresses, not a gamble you take at the start.

And starting both Ice (even assuming the "new" Ice) & Edwards without first testing the waters on how rough the game is going and how it's going to be foul-called is an invitation to disaster.

Geno did a lot of work with the hand he was dealt to come up with this starting team. There may be games in our near future where those 5 play all but 5-10 minutes total! (the confirmation of the "new" Ice being a big variable that might change that)

Reaction Score
Next season will be totally different. Could be only 1 spot we'll be sure of... Paige.
KK and Ashlynn have earned their starts this year given the circumstances, but the competition next year is very different. Azzi and Caroline have earned starts in the past, Paige will probably return to a guard position not the 4, and either Allie or Morgan could be as good or better than KK and Ashlynn next year. KK and Ashlynn could even wind up competing with each other for the last perimeter starting position.

Much uncertainty and many potential candidates to start, time will tell. I suspect the starting lineup discussions for next year will be every bit as diverse as they have been in the past, because not only do we have questions over who the better players are, and what position they will play, but also who is healthy and available.

Reaction Score
Don’t forget Aubrey, Ayanna, and Jana
Was't the poster talking about this season? None of those three are available. His/her point was if both Aaliyah and Ice start there is no other post to come in for them if one got in foul trouble.

Reaction Score
Win, lose or draw, I'll go with Geno's lineup. After all, he knows his team much, much better than us Boneyarders. Go Huskies!! Go UConn!!

Reaction Score
If Geno was thinking of playing any other players but the 5 he has started the past couple months they would have already "experimented". UConn will play the exact same 5 regardless of the opponent and sub as necessary if and when the game starts to get away from them. They really have a heavy 5 and light 2 rotation with Ice being a wildcard of sort coming off a really good BET.

Reaction Score
In doing a quick search about Jackson State, it appears that there are 17 players on the team. Can anyone explain why this is so?

PS: Moderators, I don’t want to derail this thread, but didn’t know where else to place this question. Please place it in the appropriate thread, if needed. Thanks
They must have some walk ons.

Reaction Score
There is validity to your point when you have a bench of the quality & quantity it looked as if we were going to have last Summer. We are not in Kansas any more.

This is not a knock on Q, she's progressed reasonably well as a Freshman and there's great upside, but right now the drop-off when she replaces an existing starter is substantial. There have been and will be games when she's "on" but that's something you find out as the game progresses, not a gamble you take at the start.

And starting both Ice (even assuming the "new" Ice) & Edwards without first testing the waters on how rough the game is going and how it's going to be foul-called is an invitation to disaster.

Geno did a lot of work with the hand he was dealt to come up with this starting team. There may be games in our near future where those 5 play all but 5-10 minutes total! (the confirmation of the "new" Ice being a big variable that might change that)
Geno has two choices, maybe three. He can start the usual five ( most likely). He can start the team that won the Big East final ( using Edwards off the bench). Likely only to the extent that he wants to ease Edwards back into her starting role. Lastly, Edwards and Ice both start ( least likely unless matchup requires it). I think he goes with the normal five and ICE gets a lot of time.

Reaction Score
KK and Ashlynn have earned their starts this year given the circumstances, but the competition next year is very different. Azzi and Caroline have earned starts in the past, Paige will probably return to a guard position not the 4, and either Allie or Morgan could be as good or better than KK and Ashlynn next year. KK and Ashlynn could even wind up competing with each other for the last perimeter starting position.

Much uncertainty and many potential candidates to start, time will tell. I suspect the starting lineup discussions for next year will be every bit as diverse as they have been in the past, because not only do we have questions over who the better players are, and what position they will play, but also who is healthy and available.
Between who is coming back and who is coming in, there are liable to be many changes. It will be very competitive for sure.

Reaction Score
In doing a quick search about Jackson State, it appears that there are 17 players on the team. Can anyone explain why this is so?

PS: Moderators, I don’t want to derail this thread, but didn’t know where else to place this question. Please place it in the appropriate thread, if needed. Thanks
At least one is out with an ACL.

Reaction Score

Nah, what gives you that crazy idea?

Reaction Score
Yeah, using the same starting 5 (excluding the BET due to another injury) for the last couple of months was just an experiment and not the "real" 5 players that Geno wants to start.
He reacted well to all the changes of team rosters availability - I really don't understand why he wasn't named on the Coach of the Year list, except he has already earn it so many times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom