Possibly OT: What would you do if you won the Lottery? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Possibly OT: What would you do if you won the Lottery?

What would you do if you won the $600 million?

• I'd buy Gampel and make it my locker room

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I'd buy Tennessee and pave it over

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • I'd buy South Bend and use it for target practice

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I'd buy Waco and pocket the $598 million change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd force the YUM! Center to serve only vegan

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Well the lottery drawing would be too late for me...... but if I had won last week.... I'd probably use some of it to pay off the refs in tomorrow's game :p One million dollars a per ref would do it..... probably slip 100,000 to the clock operator as well.

AKA the Tennessee method..:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I've done the calculations. The odds of winning the lottery are the same whether you play or not. Courtesy of EB

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
1)Buy a second home in Storrs/Manchester area that would enable me to attend all the Women's games that I wanted to. Wouldn't live in CT year round though.
2) Establish a Scholarship endowment fund for Women's BB players from CT to attend UConn or other CT School. Depending on cost, would consider setting up an endowment like Stanford has for their Student Athletes.
3) Establish an Endowment fund to help offset Tuition Costs for Student Managers involved with UConn's Women's BB Program. Perhaps it would be for higher level degrees after being a student manager for one year or longer.
4) Donate funds to the Wounded Warrior fund or other similar charities involved with wounded veterans and their children.
5) Spend most of the rest of my life traveling to the Countries that are still on my bucket list.

My list isn't in any particular order of priorities.

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
I'd have opted for building a very high, impenetrable fence around the entire state of Tenn. :)

LOL. I used to live near the TN border and saw an annoyingly high number of TN plates on our side. It would have been a nice sight to NOT see all of them. :p

But also, there's a street that at one point, serves as the border. All the businesses on one side are in Ardmore, TN. All the businesses on the other side are in Ardmore, AL. Seeing a fence run along the yellow lines of that street would have been pretty humorous. :D

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
Now that the prize has grown I'd like to expand my earlier wishlist ::: Jellydonuts & Carrot cakes

YOPB

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well I guess most of you are forgetting the most important thing. Your Wifes input ???? LOL

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Tony, why do you think everybody's getting their "wish list" in now? Once word gets out....:eek:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well I guess most of you are forgetting the most important thing. Your Wifes input ???? LOL
She doesn't need to know. I could hide $180M from her. I could still get up in the morning..."head to work".... you know fly to London for the day or something. Tell her I got a raise at work, yea, that's it, that's how I can afford the new car (and vacation house). :rolleyes:

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I would buy out the Devils Den WBB Forum, then close it down.
No need to discuss classes of 2014, 2015, 2016, etc.
No need to discuss how tough the ACC is.
However, all members of the Devils Den would get a free set of Blue crying towels.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I would buy out the Devils Den WBB Forum, then close it down.
No need to discuss classes of 2014, 2015, 2016, etc.
No need to discuss how tough the ACC is.
However, all members of the Devils Den would get a free set of Blue crying towels.
If the ACC wants to win a WCBB title they should make sure UCONN gets in.

Reaction Score
Wow, some seriously tough choices. But, I would need a place to park all the fancy cars I would buy, so building my own parking lot wins out.

More practically, if I would win I would... 1) get a good lawyer and financial advisor 2) quit my job - no, not quit. Just not show up and not tell anyone why. 3) collect the payout 4) change my phone number 5) change my name 6) buy an island someplace in the south pacific or caribbean 7) get a satellite dish and pay for internet cabling to my private island 8) pay for cosmetic surgery to change my looks so no one would recognize me as UConnChapette 9) make a huge donation to UConn and buy season tickets for an entire lower level center court section at Gampel 10) send every UConn fan member of the Boneyard a pair of season tickets in said lower center court section in Gampel, 11) give half of the remaining to charity, and finally 12) live out my remaining life in filthy rich anonymity.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
Wow, some seriously tough choices. But, I would need a place to park all the fancy cars I would buy, so building my own parking lot wins out.

More practically, if I would win I would... 1) get a good lawyer and financial advisor 2) quit my job - no, not quit. Just not show up and not tell anyone why. 3) collect the payout 4) change my phone number 5) change my name 6) buy an island someplace in the south pacific or caribbean 7) get a satellite dish and pay for internet cabling to my private island 8) pay for cosmetic surgery to change my looks so no one would recognize me as UConnChapette 9) make a huge donation to UConn and buy season tickets for an entire lower level center court section at Gampel 10) send every UConn fan member of the Boneyard a pair of season tickets in said lower center court section in Gampel, 11) give half of the remaining to charity, and finally 12) live out my remaining life in filthy rich anonymity.

C'mon... think big... buy some Jelly Donuts...

YOPB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc