Possible times for Thanksgiving/Friday? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Possible times for Thanksgiving/Friday?

Reaction Score
as long as we end the week w/ 2 quality wins i'll be happy, and that looks very probable based on the kenpom rankings:

4- Baylor, 20- MSU, 22- UConn, 30- Auburn, 33- Loyola, 49- Cuse, 66- ASU, 109- VCU

let's play out the winner's bracket and consolations just based on these:

Game 1- MSU over Loyola
Game 2- UConn over Auburn
Game 3- Cuse over VCU
Game 4- Baylor over ASU

Semis 5- MSU over UConn
Semis 6- Baylor over Cuse

Finals 7- Baylor over MSU

3rd place- UConn over Cuse

I'll happily take wins over Auburn and Cuse right now. Even if we lose to Auburn i'd honestly be happy with wins over Loyola and ASU since this will be the only hurley v. hurley matchup we ever get. we just need to come away w/ 2 wins.

worst case scenario is losing to auburn and then losing to loyola/msu and then having to play VCU...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'll happily take wins over Auburn and Cuse right now. Even if we lose to Auburn i'd honestly be happy with wins over Loyola and ASU since this will be the only hurley v. hurley matchup we ever get. we just need to come away w/ 2.
How happy can one really be after losing to Sparty?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
11AM on a Friday for the championship is such a terrible start time
Still, making it to an 11:00 final after playing two nooners early games has to be a bit of an advantage over coming in after playing later both days.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If we get to the championship game who cares what time it is - it means we played damn good basketball.
BTW- knew Izzo was short but holy I'm only 5 feet and could almost see eye to with him when I walked by him just now.
I said the same thing to my wife last night when we were walking by them on our way out of dinner. Very short man.

Reaction Score
This board finds a way to complain about everything
Uh gotta admit times r a little asinine —- I was all excited thinking this is going to be awesome—- we ll have three games at night( maybe one daytime game -worst case) and if we we get to the championship were in prime time for sure -now you’re telling me 11 AM Friday ? what’s next ? Christmas morning at 8am? Can’t just have normal night games like usual??. I mean 11am??? Cmon. Dumbest thing I ever heard is the championship game is before the consolation games — arena gonna be empty —-Ok I’m done. Gotta accept it and maneuver some openings
—- Surprised we’re not playing at 4 PM right in the middle of football and Thanksgiving dinner —LOL

Last edited:
Reaction Score
11am championship game on Friday after a 12pm semi-final on Thanksgiving day. The other semi-final tips off at 5pm on Thanksgiving. We're still playing 3 games in 3 days, but those few extra hours of rest may help a bit in addition to our overall depth.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If we get to the championship game who cares what time it is - it means we played damn good basketball.
BTW- knew Izzo was short but holy I'm only 5 feet and could almost see eye to with him when I walked by him just now.
I walked down to Atlantis early this afternoon with my oldest daughter, hoping to pick up my tickets for tomorrow; didn’t realize that they weren’t available until after 3:00, so I’ll have to grab them tomorrow after all. Oh well, it was worth the quick trip in any event.

I was amazed at the concentration of coaches and players we saw in just that short time. Walked right into Taliek and Tom Moore when we exited the gift shop (after I grabbed their last XL tourney t-shirt—yes!), and Taliek said hello instantly upon seeing my shirt (“Connecticut” 42 El-Amin) and gave a great big smile. It looked like some other coaches and players were up ahead of them but I didn’t want to trample people to get a look.

Moments later we walked right past Matt Garry and Andrew Hurley, who said “hey” to my daughter. Smart kid.

Saw a guy with an ASU shirt and explained the possible Hurley vs. Hurley scenario for Friday to my daughter. Five minutes later Bobby Hurley got on the shuttle at the Cove hotel and sat right across from us. He gave me a nod and a smile when he saw my shirt; and when we got off at the next stop I told him I hoped we’d see him on Friday and good luck until then. He gave a very genuine thank you and said he hoped the same for us.

Really a great and welcoming scene for interaction.

Nice sunset dinner at the Poop Deck. A+ conch chowder and nice grilled, fresh-caught whole snapper, which I ravaged like a raccoon.

Reaction Score
11am championship game on Friday after a 12pm semi-final on Thanksgiving day. The other semi-final tips off at 5pm on Thanksgiving. We're still playing 3 games in 3 days, but those few extra hours of rest may help a bit in addition to our overall depth.
We should be well rested to start this thing. Fortunately we can rotate guys in that instead of hurting us bring something new to the table. Tough to keep up with.

Step 1 - don't come out cold
Step 2 - keep the big fella out of foul trouble.

This is not a team we should be struggling against. Looking for The Hawk to break out and set up Cole to get some great looks. Tyrese could be really tough to contain if they focus on Sanogo or Hawkins. Yep like our chances.

Reaction Score
I walked down to Atlantis early this afternoon with my oldest daughter, hoping to pick up my tickets for tomorrow; didn’t realize that they weren’t available until after 3:00, so I’ll have to grab them tomorrow after all. Oh well, it was worth the quick trip in any event.

I was amazed at the concentration of coaches and players we saw in just that short time. Walked right into Taliek and Tom Moore when we exited the gift shop (after I grabbed their last XL tourney t-shirt—yes!), and Taliek said hello instantly upon seeing my shirt (“Connecticut” 42 El-Amin) and gave a great big smile. It looked like some other coaches and players were up ahead of them but I didn’t want to trample people to get a look.

Moments later we walked right past Matt Garry and Andrew Hurley, who said “hey” to my daughter. Smart kid.

Saw a guy with an ASU shirt and explained the possible Hurley vs. Hurley scenario for Friday to my daughter. Five minutes later Bobby Hurley got on the shuttle at the Cove hotel and sat right across from us. He gave me a nod and a smile when he saw my shirt; and when we got off at the next stop I told him I hoped we’d see him on Friday and good luck until then. He gave a very genuine thank you and said he hoped the same for us.

Nice sunset dinner at the Poop Deck. A+ conch chowder and nice grilled, fresh-caught whole snapper, which I ravaged like a raccoon.
Just saw the whole team and coaches, they're staying 2 floors up from me in the Royal. All the teams were in the Royal entrance area and then all walked in the direction of the Arena. Rode up the elevator with Gaff, nice kid. The height of the hallways are tough for Akok, Whaley and Sanogo. Can't imagine anyone taller walking through them. The entry to the rooms are low too.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Just saw the whole team and coaches, they're staying 2 floors up from me in the Royal. All the teams were in the Royal entrance area and then all walked in the direction of the Arena. Rode up the elevator with Gaff, nice kid.
Awesome! Nice location. I was thinking that if ASU is staying at the Cove, that’s definitely a bit less high-profile than the main building where you are.

We are less than a half-mile up the beach from the Reef (.44 per my daughter’s Apple Watch), which is a fine walk for us, but I think doing the shuttle bus thing to get to and from the main compound would be a bit of a drag if I was staying at Atlantis.

The boatman who comes with our place drops us right at the marina, which is a quick walk to the arena. We’ll probably do that for the games because I don’t want to have to depend on the shuttles. Plus it’s kinda cool to arrive and leave that way.

Reaction Score
Awesome! Nice location. I was thinking that if ASU is staying at the Cove, that’s definitely a bit less high-profile than the main building where you are.

We are less than a half-mile up the beach from the Reef (.44 per my daughter’s Apple Watch), which is a fine walk for us, but I think doing the shuttle bus thing to get to and from the main compound would be a bit of a drag if I was staying at Atlantis.

The boatman who comes with our place drops us right at the marina, which is a quick walk to the arena. We’ll probably do that for the games because I don’t want to have to depend on the shuttles. Plus it’s kinda cool to arrive and leave that way.
Those yachts are amazing.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Those yachts are amazing.
My youngest daughter understandably had a hard time comprehending how one person could own something like that. It’s a very good question, actually. But also probably best left for another type of thread. Suffice to say that I agree that they are absolutely amazing.

Reaction Score
My youngest daughter understandably had a hard time comprehending how one person could own something like that. It’s a very good question, actually. But also probably best left for another type of thread. Suffice to say that I agree that they are absolutely amazing.
Really liked this one

Attachments

• 20211121_152506.jpg
    20211121_152506.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 93
Reaction Score

I was last in the Bahamas when I was in 9th grade in 2004. The conch chowder remains my favorite food to this day.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I personally love the times. Practically no one works on Friday so its not like you will be trying to keep up with the game while at work (like I will have to do today, and probably quite a few of us as well) . Same with Thanksgiving day a noon game would be a perfect lead in to dinner.

God willing we get to play in both those slots (just win, baby) .....my Friday would shape up to be a fantastic day.

11 am - Championship game
1 pm - nap :)
5:45 pm - reservations at Al Forno in Providence
8 pm - Bob Dylan at Providence performing Arts Center.

That would be a great day. In this case I personally need to stay away from evening games.

Reaction Score
I'll be disappointed if we lose at all because losing makes me want to vomit.

I'll be disappointed for a while if we get through this tourney with only 1 win. That would be a shock to our expectations for the season.

I expect 3 close wins to win the tourney. I expect a thorough shellacking if we play Cuse, however. 86-54 good guys.

Reaction Score
I'll be disappointed if we lose at all because losing makes me want to vomit.

I'll be disappointed for a while if we get through this tourney with only 1 win. That would be a shock to our expectations for the season.

I expect 3 close wins to win the tourney. I expect a thorough shellacking if we play Cuse, however. 86-54 good guys.
You expect us to beat Baylor?! That's some @aburks41 level optimism! I'm not saying we have no hope, but to expect it seems a little much. That being said, you seem to know about a million times more about basketball than I do, so your optimism makes me a little more hopeful.

Reaction Score
You expect us to beat Baylor?! That's some @aburks41 level optimism! I'm not saying we have no hope, but to expect it seems a little much. That being said, you seem to know about a million times more about basketball than I do, so your optimism makes me a little more hopeful.

I always expect the dub. I won't be upset if we lose to an objectively better team though.

Reaction Score
Is this a typical bracket?
If you win and then lose, the worst you can do is 4th place.
If you lose and then win, the best you can do is 5th place.
Yes, this is the standard setup for a bracket with consolation rounds. Win the first round.. you're one of the top-4 teams still alive for the title and as a result will play for 3rd place should you lose in the semifinals.

Lose -- you're out, even if you win two more, you still were a first round loser and got eliminated earlier.

Reaction Score
I expect to win every game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom