Possible Grad Transfers Next Year? | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Possible Grad Transfers Next Year?

Reaction Score
I have no idea if she is good enough to get UConn interest.....

Why would Geno be interested in a guard?

Better than nothing I guess but Forward should be the top priority by a wide margin.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Better than nothing I guess but Forward should be the top priority by a wide margin.

If he’s looking at guards for next year — and he is— that doesn’t mean he isn’t also looking at forwards. There are needs everywhere.

Reaction Score
If he’s looking at guards for next year — and he is— that doesn’t mean he isn’t also looking at forwards. There are needs everywhere.

Absolutely should look. I just think the standards for a guard will be much higher since the needs, relatively, are less. I dunno about an ok G from a bad team ...

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Absolutely should look. I just think the standards for a guard will be much higher since the needs, relatively, are less. I dunno about an ok G from a bad team ...

I wasn't talking about the Wake guard specifically. I doubt he looks in her direction. I'm saying there are needs at positions other than Forward.

Reaction Score

I agree another forward would be a ideal but I could see Geno bringing in a veteran guard who could add some scoring punch off the bench too................other then Griffin who may play guard or wing where is that bench scoring coming from as things stand now for next year?

Reaction Score
I agree another forward would be a ideal but I could see Geno bringing in a veteran guard who could add some scoring punch off the bench too......other then Griffin who may play guard or wing where is that bench scoring coming from as things stand now for next year?

Bench scoring? Seriously? That's your main worry about next year?
smh

Reaction Score
Things got juicy on the LSU WBB FB page

Ayanna Mitchell's mom went crazy on the coaches after the game, posting that LSU needed new coaches. "ITS TIME TO CLEAN HOUSE"

large.jpg

Reaction Score
Given the travesties committed by the NCAA, I think Suzanne Brigit Bird could get one more season as a "grad transfer." She played only 8 games in 1998-99. :D
Worth a try. Depends if there's mutual interest, though - Geno's very particular nowadays, you know...

Reaction Score
I agree another forward would be a ideal but I could see Geno bringing in a veteran guard who could add some scoring punch off the bench too......other then Griffin who may play guard or wing where is that bench scoring coming from as things stand now for next year?
Do grad transfers want to transfer to a school to come off the bench?? Same question for Polish phenoms, etc. If I come to Storrs, CT from freakin' Poland, it's to PLAY.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Things got juicy on the LSU WBB FB page

Ayanna Mitchell's mom went crazy on the coaches after the game, posting that LSU needed new coaches. "ITS TIME TO CLEAN HOUSE"

What position does Mitchell play? How tall is she?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
6'2 post player but she is a tremendous rebounder and is very mobile. She has a nice outside game but LSU doesn't utilize it much. Her free throw shooting is probably her biggest problem.

is she even eligible to be a grad transfer? Did she redshirt a year?

Reaction Score
is she even eligible to be a grad transfer? Did she redshirt a year?

She is academically a senior, this is her 4th year in the program. She graduates this may.

Two years ago, she went down with an injury and received a medical redshirt.

So she is eligible if she wishes to transfer to any program she wants without restriction as a grad transfer.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
She is academically a senior, this is her 4th year in the program. She graduates this may.

Two years ago, she went down with an injury and received a medical redshirt.

So she is eligible if she wishes to transfer to any program she wants without restriction as a grad transfer.

Duke has a pretty good graduate school.

Reaction Score
Do grad transfers want to transfer to a school to come off the bench?? Same question for Polish phenoms, etc. If I come to Storrs, CT from freakin' Poland, it's to PLAY.

perhaps so if they believe they will have a chance to earn some consistent playing time and want to experience playing for a winning team and the NCAA tournament one time in their career................as for the foreign players, they are coming in as freshmen and will have to earn playing time just as they would in their own country if they were to turn professional...............I would think that a few years of UConn training is as good or better then anything they can get in Europe...........

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom