Possible Centers for Recruiting Class of 2013 | The Boneyard

Possible Centers for Recruiting Class of 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Out of the remaining centers left in the class of 2013 which one do we have the best shot at landing. It would be scary to think what this team could do with a legit defensive center down low. We will have to offer the practice facility, a great Coach in KO, a solid team oriented roster, and loads of playing time. I know Nolan is listed also as a center but his game would be really well suited as a PF.

These are the 'top' remaining centers.

Dakari Johnson - NY kid
Kenedy Meeks - NC
BeeJay Anya - MD
Mamadou Ndiaye - CA

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/b...name=&collegeid=&class=2013&position=C&state=

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Let's sign all 4 of them. Seems like most are making final lists. I would be surprised if we can get any on campus to even consider us a this point. If anything, I think one of the folllowing will happen:

1. We groom Facey to play the the 5.
2. We talk a flyer on an "under the radar" talent and hope he develops in time

I don't see us going down the JC route.

Reaction Score
He is 7'5" and from CA...Ollie has ties in CA, does he have any with the school Ndiaye goes to?

Reaction Score
There may be a few de-commits if/when there are coaching changes. Hopefully a few centers will become available in the spring

caw

Reaction Score
Out of the remaining centers left in the class of 2013 which one do we have the best shot at landing. It would be scary to think what this team could do with a legit defensive center down low. We will have to offer the practice facility, a great Coach in KO, a solid team oriented roster, and loads of playing time. I know Nolan is listed also as a center but his game would be really well suited as a PF.

These are the 'top' remaining centers.

Dakari Johnson - NY kid
Kenedy Meeks - NC
BeeJay Anya - MD
Mamadou Ndiaye - CA

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/b...name=&collegeid=&class=2013&position=C&state=

Pretty sure Johnson has a final list and UConn is not on it, I could be wrong.

Meeks is UNC most likely

Anya is most likely NCST (shocked he hasn't declared yet, I know Indiana and him flirted, but Vonleh seems to take Indiana out of the running)

Ndiaye, I know nothing about.

Reaction Score
We are not in the mix really for any of them.

via UCONNBall.com

C- Amida Brimah
C- Sidy Djitte
C- Fallou Ndoye
PF/C- Gavin Schilling

Ndoye stands out to meas the guy we lock in on. All 3 are raw, but a HUGE upside with Fallou.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well we have Wolf now - we have him for 2 more years... and Nolan for 4 years so it's not like we have no one.

Reaction Score
Not getting any of those four. We have offered a few centers but the one I like the most is Gavin Schilling. He is a PF/C. He played very well in front of many high school recruiting analysts lately and he could be a steal with his ranking being lower than it should be at this time. We could also hope that there are coaching changes this year. We would have to go after kids after they decommit.

Reaction Score
I saw Schilling play last year a couple times. He played for De La Salle in Chicago. He never blew me away but he is 6'8 and pretty fluid athlete, and like 3Uconn said supposedly he is getting better.

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01