Positive news on KML? [merged thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Positive news on KML? [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

Reaction Score
Ariel leading the attack... :p

images

Great singing voice but she doesn't move her feet well on defense. Oh....never mind.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
K just wants to be part of their world again, and after swimming through the flotsam and jetsam of the season, hopefully she's now headed toward that happy ending that will put her on cloud nine.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
While the news was very positive I do want to put a small damper on the enthusiasm - Geno was careful to say the news was encouraging as opposed to discouraging which is just a little less than what some people may be reading into it. I believe what he meant was that there were no set-backs, no worsening of results and she is herself feeling better. That is all good but it is a long way from 'clean blood work and cleared for physical activity' and further from 'cleared for contact'.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
This is a very weird thread.
Well, you know some of us once had to spend 20 of 24 hours of the day at one time long ago listening to a singing crab asking someone to count his bananas and getting "hot, hot, hot," so that definitely did some weird things to the brain.

Sadly, those were the best days of my life. Or at least until K completely shucks the mono and is back pouring in the 3s.

Reaction Score
She may have been on the road to getting better when it was diagnosed.
Actually she said that when she was diagnosed, she was actually feeling pretty good and pretty energetic and seemingly was shocked to find she had mono. That might suggest that her case wasn't nearly as bad as some people might have (though I don't know if there's typically any variation in mono cases). Anyway, it would be outstanding to get her out and build up her stamina and game readiness so that she would be a major asset in their hunt for a ninth championship.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
As has been noted elsewhere, there are many different degrees of affliction with mono, and even more than one virus that can cause it. But as always, the medical recommendation is to avoid strenuous sports activity in the following few months due to lingering fatigue stresses and to avoid contact sports because of the possibility of rupturing an enlarged spleen. So yeah, the prospects for K are still likely a bit guarded this year, and even if she does return, the amount of minutes she would get is open to question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom