Positive Croatia game 1 thoughts | The Boneyard

Positive Croatia game 1 thoughts

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Nothing negative coming from me after watching the game. It is August, they are on vacation, they haven't practiced much and they played inferior competition.

1. Other than Caroline taking a ball to the head, the team seemed to escape injury.
2. Azzi got more open looks in one game than she might get the whole season. She is such a great shooter that is weird when she misses.
3. Aubrey MIGHT now believe that she is a great player. If game one is any indication, she is going to have a monster year.
4. Ice appears to have the green light to shoot threes. What a nice looking stroke.
5. Early prediction: KK Arnold will leave UConn after four years and have a career similar to the other great point guards in the program.
6. Geno's teams could fall out of bed, not practice and still play aggressive man, commit to moving the ball and play unselfishly.
7. I would rather Q be willing to shoot and not be tentative. She has a great form on her shot.
8. I liked how Geno pressed some, trapped some and tried things. Used his time wisely.
9. I still think Ice starts by the end of the year. If she can handle the defensive responsibility, she is just too talented.
10. Four players did not get in and others were limited. I loved watching who did play.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nothing negative coming from me after watching the game. It is August, they are on vacation, they haven't practiced much and they played inferior competition.

1. Other than Caroline taking a ball to the head, the team seemed to escape injury.
2. Azzi got more open looks in one game than she might get the whole season. She is such a great shooter that is weird when she misses.
3. Aubrey MIGHT now believe that she is a great player. If game one is any indication, she is going to have a monster year.
4. Ice appears to have the green light to shoot threes. What a nice looking stroke.
5. Early prediction: KK Arnold will leave UConn after four years and have a career similar to the other great point guards in the program.
6. Geno's teams could fall out of bed, not practice and still play aggressive man, commit to moving the ball and play unselfishly.
7. I would rather Q be willing to shoot and not be tentative. She has a great form on her shot.
8. I liked how Geno pressed some, trapped some and tried things. Used his time wisely.
9. I still think Ice starts by the end of the year. If she can handle the defensive responsibility, she is just too talented.
10. Four players did not get in and others were limited. I loved watching who did play.

Those 4 players won’t play during this trip

Reaction Score
Finally my fix for Husky Women’s Basketball was fulfilled. At least for now. While there were many good things there were definitely some things to work on. I’ll hold off on my observations until all 4 games are played.

Reaction Score
Overall I’m excited about this team. A lot depth this year if all can stay healthy. Really like Kk. I think she’s going to have a great career. Even though Q missed some, I like her confidence to keep shooting. The guard play is top tier for sure. Ines gets lost in the mix for me. I think she’s going to have a hard time getting minutes tbh. Hoping that both Ayanna and Amari worked on their post games cause I think we are going to need them don’t the road. But all in all, I think we look good.

Reaction Score
I don't see height being an issue with this team if all the other players are healthy. They have the ability to press which makes the other team go smaller to get the ball down the court and they have athletes. They have two girls at 6'3 that take up space and are strong and can score. Most teams with tall girls (plural) don't have athletic tall girls so I will still take UCONN. I would also like to see Amari before my critique on the teams overall height.

Reaction Score
I was impressed by the improved defense shown by Ines-- she broke through screens and stuck to her player like glue. Q looked much better than I expected. KK and Shade will make a great combination fown the road.

Reaction Score

Particularly regarding having Azzi out there and taking so many shots, doesn't seem like a fair fight.

Reaction Score
It was great to see them in action, but this was hardly an All-Star team (from any level).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom