Positive Coaching Alliance New England - UConn Football @ Fenway Event | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Positive Coaching Alliance New England - UConn Football @ Fenway Event

Reaction Score
Overall this was probably the way to go. Guaranteed 1 million and 1 less home game. 1 less home game would make season tickets cheaper which can help sell season tickets. Also it brings attention to the game if both teams are awful.

There's really only one reason to do this. Money. Every other reason is nonsense and false justifications for doing it.

Giving up a home crowd at Rent.

Having less UConn fans in the building.

Horrible sight lines.

The continually brought up and overrated "exposure" for the school.

Again, I get that they have to do it. Being in the AAC we need to generate as much revenue as we can. It just sucks for the thousands of UConn fans who won't go.

Reaction Score
I don't love this either but I'll say this. I get why and I think it will have some modest benefit. In its history Fenway has hosted college football. And I attended my first Pats game there too. We will see what attendance is but I'm guessing it will be pretty solid...it's Boston not Kansas after all. If both teams are pretty good it will be very good. Heck last year's game at BC was I think their 2nd biggest home crowd and UConn was awful.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This is suppose to be our home game, therefore who has the TV rights on this one? If we have 5 wins at the end of October and same with BC, this game could get a decent tv distribution.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There's really only one reason to do this. Money. Every other reason is nonsense and false justifications for doing it.

Horrible sight lines.

Again, I get that they have to do it. Being in the AAC we need to generate as much revenue as we can. It just sucks for the thousands of UConn fans who won't go.
Ticket allotment is 22K for UConn, 7K for BCU.

Reaction Score

That leaves another 9,686 seats to be sold by the Fenway Group. That is based upon the BC - ND game at Fenway. Someone said in an older thread that some portion of these would be offered to Red Sox Season ticket holders.

Reaction Score
This is suppose to be our home game, therefore who has the TV rights on this one? If we have 5 wins at the end of October and same with BC, this game could get a decent tv distribution.

AAC Home game so the AAC has control of the game. I assume there is not a way to generate additional TV revenue from the broadcast. Same as any UConn Home Game.

Reaction Score
That leaves another 9,686 seats to be sold by the Fenway Group. That is based upon the BC - ND game at Fenway. Someone said in an older thread that some portion of these would be offered to Red Sox Season ticket holders.

From the Courant article above:

"UConn has been guaranteed $1.125 million for its participation and will facilitate the distribution of 22,000 tickets, starting with sales to priority customers (season ticketholders, donors, previous customers, etc.) May 1-7. BC, which is guaranteed no money, will distribute its 7,000 ticket allotment May 8-14 and the Fenway Group will sell any remaining from those bundles, plus 10,000 more, to the general public beginning May 15."

Reaction Score
From the Courant article above:

"UConn has been guaranteed $1.125 million for its participation and will facilitate the distribution of 22,000 tickets, starting with sales to priority customers (season ticketholders, donors, previous customers, etc.) May 1-7. BC, which is guaranteed no money, will distribute its 7,000 ticket allotment May 8-14 and the Fenway Group will sell any remaining from those bundles, plus 10,000 more, to the general public beginning May 15."

$1,125,000 divided by 22,000 tickets is $51.14 per ticket. That means Fenway is making $2.86 per $54.00 ticket and $20.86 per $72.0 ticket. Not sure what the breakdown is between $72.00 seats and $54.00 seats.

I was surprised by the cost of the tickets. I was expecting closer to $100 per ticket.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

Horrible sight lines.

I hear you, but I'd rather watch one less home game and have a new coaching staff. This game probably helped pay Diaco's buy out.

Reaction Score

I get that. At $50 per ticket I'm expecting between 10-15k UConn fans to make the 1.5 hour drive. We'd have 30k plus at Rentschler but we wouldn't be getting the $1.2 payday.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I get that. At $50 per ticket I'm expecting between 10-15k UConn fans to make the 1.5 hour drive. We'd have 30k plus at Rentschler but we wouldn't be getting the $1.2 payday.
... and probably not selling out.

It was a smart move. Like you, I don't love it, but it was a good deal.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So how do you handicap the fenway football seating chart. What's a good section, what to avoid? I'm thinking endzone - be on tv for all our scoring plays and PATs.

Reaction Score
Anyone know the deal with student tickets? Do you have to buy seats with the general sale or will there be a student ticket allotment?

Reaction Score
Anyone know the deal with student tickets? Do you have to buy seats with the general sale or will there be a student ticket allotment?

That's one I would call the Ticket Office on...

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
How much were the tix last year? $54 a ticket is rather expensive in my opinion. Especially considering both teams won't be very good. Was hoping to make a weekend of this with the wife like we did with the game at BC but 54 a ticket is steep. We went to the game last year and I feel like through Ryan's group tix were in the 20s? I'll probably buy through secondary market in the end.

Reaction Score
IF you think $54 per ticket is expensive, then forget about being in a P5 conference. Check the prices around the country, $54 is on the low side especially in Boston.

Reaction Score
How much were the tix last year? $54 a ticket is rather expensive in my opinion. Especially considering both teams won't be very good. Was hoping to make a weekend of this with the wife like we did with the game at BC but 54 a ticket is steep. We went to the game last year and I feel like through Ryan's group tix were in the 20s? I'll probably buy through secondary market in the end.

$54.00 for a rivalry game being held at a novelty venue like Fenway Park is a downright bargain IMO. You can't base the face value of tickets on what the perceived strength of either team might be a season in advance. I'm sure there will be plenty of tickets from both the BC and Red Sox Allotment available on the secondary market for a deal, but from a pricing perspective I don't think the organizers are out of line.

Reaction Score
From the Gridiron Series site:

IMG_2454.PNG

Reaction Score
Upset that i can't pick the section i want

It seems because its a "baseball ticket site" it intuitively keeps moving my "seats" towards home plate when I hit select another seat when I want to move towards outfield.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom