Positive Coaching Alliance New England - UConn Football @ Fenway Event | The Boneyard

Positive Coaching Alliance New England - UConn Football @ Fenway Event

Reaction Score
Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 17m 17 minutes ago
UConn coach Randy Edsall says he'd like to play BC every year

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 9m 9 minutes ago
Some stuff from today's Fenway Gridiron series press conference. UConn will have 22,000 tickets to distribute, BC 7,000.

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 8m 8 minutes ago
Coach Edsall: "What a great venue and what a great opportunity for our players and the program to be able to come here and play."

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 2m 2 minutes ago
Rainout prevented Edsall, an Orioles fan, from throwing out first pitch at Sox-Yanks game. "I was going to throw a hard slider."

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 5m 5 minutes ago
Baseball was Edsall's favorite sport growing up. Used to go to Oriole games in Baltimore.

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe
Tickets go on sale to general public on May 8. Priority presale starts Monday

UConn Football @UConnFootball 22s 22 seconds ago
Tickets for Football at Fenway will be on sale May 1-7 to UConn priority customers, May 8-14 to BC fans and May 15 to the general public.

UConn Football‏ @UConnFootball 27s 27 seconds ago
UConn fans with priority status for BC tix will get an email with directions and promo code to purchase during May 1-7 window.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
On twitter, Gavin Keefe responded to a question about pricing that the tickets will be $54 and $72 respectively. No more specifics as to location for each price point.

Reaction Score
On twitter, Gavin Keefe responded to a question about pricing that the tickets will be $54 and $72 respectively. No more specifics as to location for each price point.
Don't know how people are going to take that. For some that's a lot of money to put out for 1 game where both teams suck. I know I'll be there.

Reaction Score
I really like the idea but at Fenway not so much. Games at baseball stadiums are not so great due to sight lines, especially at the prices.

Wish they could find a neutral site football stadium.

But the game is being put on and promoted by the Fenway Sports Management Group. They are also giving UConn $1.125 million to play the game @ Fenway Pawk. Why would they want the game @ a neutral field?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Every time I look at Mark Whipple, I chuckle a little. Just a funny looking guy.

Reaction Score
Why they use venues that don't work blows my mind. Both teams on the same sideline sucks. At least that's not as bad as when they used wrigley and both teams had to use the same endzone on every offensive possession.
I'd choose whatever set up has us playing towards the endzone nearest our bench in the fourth if we win the coin toss.

Reaction Score

>>"David mentioned it to me when we were into the process [of Edsall being hired]," Edsall said. "I told him immediately that I think it's a great idea, a great situation. I was all for it."

No hesitation with having to give up a game in East Hartford and play in the opponent's back yard?

"No," Edsall said. Playing at Fenway, "Draws a little bit more attention to the game, and if it draws attention to the game, it draws attention to our program. I think it's important. I guess you could say that we've lost a little bit of a niche, so we're trying to get that back."<<

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If you've ever sat on the RF line for a Sox game you'd already know they're actually better suited for the football set up. They literally face center field and not home plate.

Reaction Score
Overall this was probably the way to go. Guaranteed 1 million and 1 less home game. 1 less home game would make season tickets cheaper which can help sell season tickets. Also it brings attention to the game if both teams are awful.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom