Posh Alexander | The Boneyard

Posh Alexander

Reaction Score
Late on this one but…

Where the hell were we when this kid was coming out of high school? If I remember correctly we were involved early in. Watched SJ vs PC last night. He is a DAWG.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He was heavily recruited by St Johns, Illinois and Seton Hall. It came down to Illini and St Johns. UConn was supposedly in the final 4 but I think it was a distant 4.
I remember watching him play in Springfield during late spring for the NY Lightning and absolutely lit up the gym with his quickness and his quick hands on D. His outside shot was not very good but most of his hoops came on drives and converting turnovers he created. His passing skills were above average. What amazed me was how high the kid can get up off his feet. There was talk he was going to the Johnnies or Seton Hall as a package with his buddy Kadary Richmond but as we know Richmond headed to Cuse for a 1 year stay. He started that year as a 5 star but endrd up a 4 star, I think due to his shooting. Mike Anderson wanted him bad for his running game and his D fit in so nicely.
I guess DH and staff didn't feel he was the best fit for some reasons but in talking with guys following the Lightning, Posh was not that interested in UConn. Too bad because he may have helped in the PG position but I think Posh is a better fit with Anderson,
There are parts of his game that are rough - he is a cowboy and that may have scarred UConn away - whatever
Dont know why some didnt like your post - I dont think you meant to be anti DH in anyway.

Reaction Score
Oh yeah Posh is one of my favorite players. The guy is a disruptive maniac on defense. He is great passer and can finish at the rim and his outside shooting is solid. But the most surprising thing: he is one of the top offensive rebounders in the Big East

Reaction Score
`Sssshhhh..... JC might read this and take your head off!!! That was a huge swing and miss but we'll excuse Coach Calhoun, right Mau?
He was 260 pounds and it took a year for his AAU coach to convince PC to take him and we got Okafor and Butler. LOL

Stay tuned - there could be a reunion coming for charity soon! That would be something. Lots of fun.
Best Regards, Chief

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
He wasn't this good in hs. Pretty simple really
Yes he was, when he was with the lighting he was a top 100 player before getting injured. We just never recruited him for some reason.

Reaction Score
Yes he was, when he was with the lighting he was a top 100 player before getting injured. We just never recruited him for some reason.

Did you watch him play in high school? Because I did twice. Bevy of highlights as well.

Looking at 247 and TOS doesn't mean you have an teaspoon of a coue what you're talking about

Reaction Score
Did you watch him play in high school? Because I did twice. Bevy of highlights as well.

Looking at 247 and TOS doesn't mean you have an teaspoon of a coue what you're talking about
To be fair to him he did post about Posh in 2018 here

Keep an eye on this 2020 guard in some of these clips Posh Alexander. Staff is on him it's just early. NYC Rucker park kid, prototypical Uconn PG, 6 footish, floor general. Has looked great on circuit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom