OT: - Portland, Maine | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Portland, Maine

Reaction Score
Couple other recommendations. Hot Suppa has very interesting and well-made breakfasts. Blyth & Burrows is a great cocktail bar, as is Portland Hunt & Alpine Club. Eventide Oyster is excellent. Liquid Riot is a fun combination brewery/distillery. If you don't mind a short ride into Old Port, the Spring Point Inn at the McKernan Hospitality Center, run by students in the hospitality program at Southern Maine Community College, is very nice and cheaper than downtown hotels.

Reaction Score
Couple other recommendations. Hot Suppa has very interesting and well-made breakfasts. Blyth & Burrows is a great cocktail bar, as is Portland Hunt & Alpine Club. Eventide Oyster is excellent. Liquid Riot is a fun combination brewery/distillery. If you don't mind a short ride into Old Port, the Spring Point Inn at the McKernan Hospitality Center, run by students in the hospitality program at Southern Maine Community College, is very nice and cheaper than downtown hotels.

You can literally stand on any street corner, close your eyes, spin in circles and walk into whatever place you see when you open your eyes and it'll be time well spent.

Forgot to add my favorite stupid trivia about Three Dollar Deweys. Story goes that it got it's name from being a port brothel way back in the day. And the sailors were told one dollar lookie, two dollar touchy, three dollar dewey. Always makes me giggle.

Reaction Score
There's two main brewery hubs: Industrial Ave and Washington Ave. At both you can walk to at least 4 breweries. Industrial Ave has Allagash, Austin St, Definitive, Battery Steele, and Foundation in an industrial park. Washington Ave has Goodfire, Lone Pine, Oxbow, and Urban Farm Fermentory, plus Maine Mead Works and Maine Craft Distilling along 2 long streets.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
If you're in the mood for a Shakespeare performance with beers, I recommend Fenix Theater in Deering Oaks Park. Show is free, byob, and one of their actors, Rob Cameron, is amazing.

Reaction Score
I'll second places like

• Bissel Brothers
• Eventide
• the Allagash trio of breweries
• The Great Lost Bear

I'd add:
• Rising Tide Brewery (walking distance from the main stretch
• Oxbox (if you're into farmhouse styles, etc.)
• Duckfat for a lunch or dinner (Eventide is better, in my opinion, but Duckfat is just fantastic too--owned by the same place)
• Portland Hunt and Alpine Club (a bit hipstery, but if you like cocktails it's got a lot of good ones)
• If you're driving up I95, When Pigs Fly is a great stopping place. Great food/pizza and a great beer selection that has a taste of all those beer places, and the bread they make is just excellent. Could be a stop back home, too, if your hotel checkout is 11 or so.

Reaction Score
Portland is a super dope city. Lots of cool bars, breweries, restaurants.

The only downside is the cold mayonnaise-drenched trash they call a lobster roll.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
You can literally stand on any street corner, close your eyes, spin in circles and walk into whatever place you see when you open your eyes and it'll be time well spent.

Forgot to add my favorite stupid trivia about Three Dollar Deweys. Story goes that it got it's name from being a port brothel way back in the day. And the sailors were told one dollar lookie, two dollar touchy, three dollar dewey. Always makes me giggle.
Dewey’s is closed I think.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I just noticed Maine Beer is pouring and selling Dinner. Excellent DIPA. It's about 20 minutes up I-95 from Portland. Not too far from LL Bean and other outlets.
Nice. I also noticed that they have Lunch on tap at GLB.

Reaction Score
Two Portland institutions I can't believe haven't been mentioned:

Central Provisions for dinner
Holy Donut for doughnuts

Both are outstanding.

Reaction Score
Honestly Portland is one of the best places in the country to get good food or drinks...what type of food are you interested in.
I'm dying for good crab cakes. I could go for anything though. I was going to start a best pizza in Maine thread to see what places there are for good slices

Reaction Score
For food- The East Ender and Eventide Oyster Co. were both good.

Portland Lobster Co. was nice if you want to sit on the water and drink some brews listening to music.
Even tide. Game. Set and match.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Becky's for breakfast
Bissell Bros for beer
I have to admit this bothers me. A post from a Central dude that basically repeated my post from the day before gets 3 likes to my none. A Centralian, no less!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom