Popovich interrupts game to scold his own fans | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Popovich interrupts game to scold his own fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thats ridiculous. All they were doing was booing an athlete. Perfectly acceptable behavior at a professional sporting event. They didnt need a reminder of civility, they were being perfectly civil and within any reasonable limits. Fans are always being far more harsh with refs, and no one has to scold them like they're children.
Pop obviously thinks he word carries more weight than it does. The booing seemed to get louder, and good on the fans who have that right.
The simping is out of control lol

Reaction Score
ESPN and Spurs fans aren’t even on Pops side of this btw. Kwahi disnt even have a problem with getting booed, if Pop didn’t go a rant this even a story. Personally I would never boo not my style, but I got no issue for fans that wanna boo the booing seemed minimal btw, booing is a sign of respect no one is gonna boo anyone that sucks.

Reaction Score
Pop has just as much of a right to hop on the mic and say that as the fans do to boo Kawhi.
This is nonsense. A coach is there to coach and win; not police the crowd, and certainly not stop the game to do so. These are professionals for Christ’s sake. Nick Sirianni isn’t stopping a game to pull off a ref’s mic to yell at Philly trash when they boo players that used to play for them.

Pop got too used to the smell of his own farts. It’s that simple.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Then why lie about it with the press after the game?
To continue trolling & triggering you from your original post through your multiple follow-ups.

Pop's the master baiter, and you're the fish who likes to dish. Whether it's catfishing or cat-herding, you're still campaigning for votes, and people are still voting. Aren't we?

As if there's gonna be a one right answer winner.

I don't even hear about this if you don't put it up like it's a New York Post Page Six story. It's your beat; celebrate the clicks.

#thatsentertainment.
#differentstrokesfordifferentfolks

Reaction Score
To continue trolling & triggering you from your original post through your multiple follow-ups.

Pop's the master baiter, and you're the fish who likes to dish. Whether it's catfishing or cat-herding, you're still campaigning for votes, and people are still voting. Aren't we?

As if there's gonna be a one right answer winner.

I don't even hear about this if you don't put it up like it's a New York Post Page Six story. It's your beat; celebrate the clicks.

#thatsentertainment.
#differentstrokesfordifferentfolks
It's Black Friday, get yourself a TV.
200w (5).gif

Reaction Score
Met Pop years ago when I was a sports reporter for a small newspaper. He was running a basketball camp, and I ran into him randomly on the street and asked if he had a few minutes some time (not right then) to give me a quote or two for a story on his camp. He replied, "I came here to get away from people like you." Hated the guy ever since. Worthless pustule, as far as I'm concerned.
Guy is a first-class jerk. I've seen him twice and he was rude and arrogant on both occasions.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Pop's great but fans can boo, man. You want to criticize them after the game, fine, but that was silly.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
So Celtics fans seemed a little dopey then for booing Ray when he returned to TD Garden in a Heat Jersey, hey he won a championship getting the big 3 started so don’t boo him.

We’re Redsox fans dopey for booing Johnny Damon when he returned to Fenway as a Yankee, hey he won them a ring breaking an 85 year curse.

Yes. It doesn't always need to be stopped. But the answer is a resounding yes.

Reaction Score
By all accounts, pop has treated anyone he feels is below him terribly for many years. Now all of a sudden, booing a pro athlete offends his sensibilities.
It's about as hypocritical as it gets.

Reaction Score
Of course he triples down and then gives a lecture on what's wrong with our society now. I really wish the league would discipline him.

Reaction Score
Well the Spurs have lost 11 in a row, maybe Pop should worry about ending that streak.

Reaction Score
Of course he triples down and then gives a lecture on what's wrong with our society now. I really wish the league would discipline him.

Lol amazed they’re still asking about this.. What did he says wrong with our society now? Video stopped before I got to the lecture

Reaction Score
Throwing objects on the court is totally unacceptable

Booing a kid is unacceptable

Booing a professional athlete making crazy millions is not on the same class
What if that kid happened to be Laettner? …I think sometimes it’s fine to boo college kids…

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
that's me when i come on this board and call the big east a poverty mid major church league.
An attention deprived weenie? Well, ok, if you want to claim the mantle…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom