Poor Cronin, straight to the G-League picking up momentum | The Boneyard

Poor Cronin, straight to the G-League picking up momentum

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It was a pipedream, from what I have been reading about this kid and where his head is at, that he would have ever stepped onto the UCLA campus in August, pandemic or not.
Have to give the leprechaun credit for even getting a commitment from Nix

Reaction Score
Do coaches stop recruiting top 20 kids due to the risk of this happening? It definitely adds some complexity to recruiting. Coaches will be left scrambling for late signings.

Reaction Score
I am not a one and done fan at all. Maybe moves like this will bring more continuity to the game.

it would be great to have a one and done every few years just for the excitement of that much talent but I agree with you. Also, it’s hard to be a fan of a player and invest in his progression when he will only be on campus for 8 months and won’t even have a chance to really improve. The only exception is if it’s a Carmelo or anthony Davis that leads the team to a national championship

Reaction Score
1588122787350.gif

Reaction Score
Players should be able to go to the NBA directly from high school. If they go to college the scholarship should be locked up for 4 years. Eliminate early leaving. Coach lands five 1-dones he has 7 scholarships for the next 3 seasons.Best succeed that year. I don’t care if a player leaves but the program should not benefit. The NBA would change its rule in a Nee York minute.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
I really like the hockey model. Anyone can get drafted. No "declaring". If you're drafted and you don't sign, you can return to school.

I also like the one time no sit transfer policy.

That is all.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Don’t feel bad for the leprechaun he basically returns his entire team from a pac-12 championship team. Nix may have started the season coming off the bench. Team is loaded.

Reaction Score
A lot of this will be in the hands of the shoe companies. If they start paying kids to go into the G league strong sums of money, it will likely take the best kids straight from high school in my opinion.

Reaction Score
I really like the hockey model. Anyone can get drafted. No "declaring". If you're drafted and you don't sign, you can return to school.

That is all.
Ditto. Drafted when you’re 18 and can play overseas, college, or juniors. Teams have your rights for a certain number of years.

Reaction Score
Don’t feel bad for the leprechaun he basically returns his entire team from a pac-12 championship team. Nix may have started the season coming off the bench. Team is loaded.

Just how was he able to do it so quickly? His personality a better fit at UCLA? I thought that was laid back city.

Reaction Score
Championship team? They didn't even have the best regular-season record much less win the non-existent tournament

Reaction Score
A lot of this will be in the hands of the shoe companies. If they start paying kids to go into the G league strong sums of money, it will likely take the best kids straight from high school in my opinion.
We can only hope.

Reaction Score
Once the Name, Image and Likeness rules pass it will change the landscape again so I wouldn’t get too worked up over three kids heading to the G-League select team instead of college right now.

Also, to the poster who suggested teams should be docked scholarships if a player leaves early.... that’s the dumbest thing I have ever heard. While I do believe players should be able to go pro right from high school, it’s an NBA rule preventing them from currently doing so. Why would colleges put a rule in place to hurt themselves if a player turns pro before graduating?

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Many kids should not go to college. Some should go ahead and follow their heart into trades or mechanical fields. Similarly some kids could go straight to the NBA. The difference is the kid who decides to be an electrician starts out at $13-$15 per hour as an apprentice. He learns about life and the need to budget and plan for a future the old fashioned way. The 19 year old who goes straight to the NBA is suddenly making $15 per minute traveling, living in hotels, with newspaper attention and public adoration and criticism beyond anything our electrician kid will ever experience. Most 19 year olds can't handle it. That's why the rule was changed to give kids another year to grow up and have a greater chance for success in life.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
u h8 to see it.

second year in a row Cincinnati has a higher rated class than lil Micky.

Reaction Score
G league is Cal's worst nightmare.. Why go to Kentucky for a year any more?

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score

That is all.
Yup, agreed. Baseball has a good system as well. You get drafted out of high school and sign or go to school. I believe if you go to school you are there for 3 years and then get redrafted.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom