Polley | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Polley

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Is he our best 3pt shooter?

That would be Larrier is who putting up a blistering 83.3% from beyond the arc on 3 attempts per game.

But Polley does look nice (and is currently 3rd on the team behind Anderson). His stroke from the outside has been a pleasant surprise so far.

Reaction Score
I found the few minutes Polley played yesterday to be pretty impressive. You don't see many 6'8 freshman make a smooth behind the back crossover for a lay in often. Sure he missed a couple open shots, but he got to the line a few times and was a main catalyst in that "mini" run we had to end the game. I know the score wasn't ideal, but I think games like this against a quality opponent will serve us well to start the season --- especially for the younger players we will need to rely on. Coach em up KO!
He's more of a swing player than i realized. But i dont really follow recruiting very heavily so that's mostly my fault. He reminds me of lamb a little bit. But hasn't shown the same athleticism. At least not yet. Which may be a good thing as far as keeping him around for more than 2 yrs. I also remember lamb handling the ball a bit more.

Reaction Score
I've been beating the drum on him since I watched his mix-tape back in April, I found one of my comments from April 15th on him.

"Don't underestimate Polley he's silky smooth finishing on the break and a late riser who is much better now then his ranking when he signed. He will pleasantly surprise a lot of people - he's a keeper who will be a good player."

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Is he our best 3pt shooter?
Short answer, yes.

Long answer, Vital and Larrier may have days when they are hot from 3, but Larrier's shot is flat from there, and Vital can be erratic, as we see. Polley squares up, jumps straight up and has a smooth release and a high finish. I want more of that Adams kick out for 3 that we saw during the run.

Reaction Score
His 3 when UConn was down 9 last night was a big time shot for a freshman. He's flashed some serious potential and obviously he's got the DNA. Kid is gonna be a player this year and beyond.

Yeah, if he missed that shot, I don't know if we would have won. Totally clutch.

Reaction Score
I don't think Polley is our best three point shooter. Right now TL is, Anderson seems to have an accurate three ball.

But one thing I like is that Polley doesn't force the three. Most of his attempts from beyond the arc have been wide open shots. He doesn't crave the three like some of our other guys. He just works in the offense and when it is available and he is open, he takes it.

Reaction Score
I don't think Polley is our best three point shooter. Right now TL is, Anderson seems to have an accurate three ball.

But one thing I like is that Polley doesn't force the three. Most of his attempts from beyond the arc have been wide open shots. He doesn't crave the three like some of our other guys. He just works in the offense and when it is available and he is open, he takes it.

His stroke is smooth as well.

Really impressed with this kid.

Reaction Score
Polley has a nice looking stroke, but let's not just throw away what CV did all last year, because he had a rough two games. CV shot 40.6% from 3 last year once conference play started. Polley has played two games. The recency bias is too strong.

Reaction Score

Nail on the head. It's always fun to see what your (my) visceral reaction is when someone goes up for a three or a long two - with Vital last night it was cringing in utter revulsion by the end of the game, but Polley seemed to only take threes that were wide open and/or he had his feet set and shoulders squared. Good for him.

Incidentally, Kemba has to be the ultimate definition of a kid's transformation from sophomore year "please god why is he shooting anything other than a layup" to"junior year "for the love of god kid please take a shot every time you touch the ball"

Reaction Score
I'm very hesitant to get excited about most freshmen but really believe that Polley will be a game changing star for us in the future. I'd give him 30 lbs if I could leaving it up to him to turn it into muscle.

Reaction Score

Nobody will confuse any of them with Rashad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom