Polley needs to show up tonight | The Boneyard

Polley needs to show up tonight

Reaction Score
It would seem both him and Cobb are X-factors, when they play well we're a different team.

We'll see what version of these 2 we get tonight.

Let's go boys!

Reaction Score
Like most I was hoping for a stronger more aggressive Polley this year. In addition a quick maturation in all facets including shooting to give us a good 3 ..like a RIP etc..unfortunately it hasnt happen. Sometimes with athletes u have it or u dont have it. Having the it factor is something u don't acquire. I'm afraid he does not and the hope for a recruit at the 3 remains .

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
We’re looking at an 0-5 start in conference

Reaction Score
I'd switch up the starting lineup. Start Cobb and Sid. Try and get Cobb going early and hope it helps Polley by coming off the bench. Gotta try something

Reaction Score
Like most I was hoping for a stronger more aggressive Polley this year. In addition a quick maturation in all facets including shooting to give us a good 3 ..like a RIP etc..unfortunately it hasnt happen. Sometimes with athletes u have it or u dont have it. Having the it factor is something u don't acquire. I'm afraid he does not and the hope for a recruit at the 3 remains .

I just don't want him to regress. He has been a reliable 3-point shooter until conference play arrived. Now he can't hit water from a boat. You could see his reluctance to shoot against UCF. When he has wide open threes he needs to shoot...and to score.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
There is a chance we only win 1 game this month...I hope tonight will prove me wrong.

That would be brutal, since we have 8 games this month, but looking at the schedule it’s not outlandish to think it’s a possibility. Have to assume they beat Tulane at home, and WSU is having a down year, but the rest of the games remaining are on the road against teams in the top half of the conference. :shudder:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

He is stronger. Look at his shoulders. He has shown flashes, shooting very well early in the year, and making a few drives, which something we need more of. He doesn't seem to be an instinctive passer and his defense is just so-so. It was better when we were pressing more. He rebounded much better against UCF.

My goals for him starting right now:
1. Continue that effort level at rebounding at both ends
2. Hit your 3s back at the high 30's 40% range we expect
3. Attack the basket on and off the ball and don't be afraid of contact. Draw fouls. Lots of fouls.

Reaction Score
There is a chance we only win 1 game this month...I hope tonight will prove me wrong.
That's what I fear, we aren't too tslented hut I think we should be better than we're playing. The problem is they're unbelievably fragile, any sign of adversity and they fall apart.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That's what I fear, we aren't too tslented hut I think we should be better than we're playing. The problem is they're unbelievably fragile, any sign of adversity and they fall apart.

That's what repeatedly losing for years does to you. Sort of learned helplessness.

Reaction Score
He is 0 for 2019 from 3 point land. We need him tonight to open up the SMU half court defense. Let's go.
It’s a different team when someone is knocking down 3’r from the wing.

Reaction Score
Be nice is someone starts to stabilize the front court....don't care who. Someone should be able to muster up a consistent 25 minutes a night with 10-12 points and 6-7 rebounds a night.

Reaction Score
Nice game by Polley. Hot start, solid finish, 7 points on 3-4 shooting, a couple of rebounds. If all the guards are on, this is a good line.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom