Polley after today's practice? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Polley after today's practice?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Familiar with ellipses(plural) as a form of writing style but not elipses..Just sayin'.

Not sure if that was your point or not based on your spelling of the word..

If it was..I'll try to adjust..

FWIW.. The use of the ellipsis(singular) style of writing ..Per linguistics experts out of NYU.."Is that it is the perfect balance between the hard stop of a period and the excitement of the exclamation point."

But you've got me thinking Hans.. Personally I think two dots is more efficient.. Just me..
My misspelling, acknowledged as such.
Your incorrect punctuation, first acknowledged and explained, seems now to have been chosen after further consideration. Is your lack of commas an additional personal affectation?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Familiar with ellipses(plural) as a form of writing style but not elipses..Just sayin'.

Not sure if that was your point or not based on your spelling of the word..

If it was..I'll try to adjust..

FWIW.. The use of the ellipsis(singular) style of writing ..Per linguistics experts out of NYU.."Is that it is the perfect balance between the hard stop of a period and the excitement of the exclamation point."

But you've got me thinking Hans.. Personally I think two dots is more efficient.. Just me..
Well, I learned something from this post. I never heard the term before in my many decades of life and during my professional life.

So, I looked up this new term and I found the below link. I may have seen... before but never knew its significance.

Always learn new things ... reading the BY.

what is an ellipse in writing - Google Search

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Yes.. Edited because I didn't clearly communicate my initial thoughts cohesively..

FWIW..I have been known to do this before..

With the critical eye of the BY.. You need to make sure you are accurately articulating your true thoughts.

Otherwise.. You'll get hammered.

Know who else edits their posts after the fact?.....

Reaction Score
Know who else edits their posts after the fact?.....
Lurker.. Let me ask you a question?? If you have constructed a post/reply.. And then post it .. But upon immediate review without any knowledge of any other posts anywhere.. Make a grammatical, spelling, or punctuation correction.. Which in my case is 100% accurate.. What is a Yarder to do?

Is that really worthy of reaching the lofty status for your consideration to promote this insane concept of a conspiracy??

You've got a firm handle (no pun intended) on some things.. I've got to hand (no pun intended) it to you.. But you're really circling (no pun intended) the wrong wagon train on this.

You may think you're a straight shooter(no pun intended)..But that would be extending(no pun intended) you the benefit of the doubt..

You're starting to remind me of the presiding and peerless punctuation police of the Boneyard(no pun intended).. Get a Job.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My misspelling, acknowledged as such.
Your incorrect punctuation, first acknowledged and explained, now seems now to have been chosen after further consideration. Is your lack of commas an additional personal affectation?
Hans.. I'm new to cyber space and obviously you're not.. So let me ask for your guidance on this subject.

Do you find that you use the same stylistic form of writing in cyber space (make believe) that you use in Real Life ?? Say a letter to a loved one or a Board of Director's business presentation?

I am going on record and saying about myself.. I do not..

Your input is always appreciated.

Reaction Score
Hans.. I'm new to cyber space and obviously you're not.. So let me ask for your guidance on this subject.

Do you find that you use the same stylistic form of writing in cyber space (make believe) that you use in Real Life ?? Say a letter to a loved one or a Board of Director's business presentation?

English is a second language for me and punctuation is the devil.

Reaction Score
Coaches heart must have stopped when Tyler got hit, can’t loose him he is our offense atm. I’m a little surprised they’re still practicing like this. The one thing you worry about with going 100% all the time is having too many guys getting injured/nicked up and that’s certainly been the case with some Hurley coached teams. Still more pros than cons to this style just need depth and durable guys.

I'm sure this is true most years, but with our schedule so in flux, I'd have Tyler Phommachanh rhink keeping the guys competitive and in shape is a priority rn.

C

Chief00

Lurker.. Let me ask you a question?? If you have constructed a post/reply.. And then post it .. But upon immediate review without any knowledge of any other posts anywhere.. Make a grammatical, spelling, or punctuation correction.. Which in my case is 100% accurate.. What is a Yarder to do?

Is that really worthy of reaching the lofty status for your consideration to promote this insane concept of a conspiracy??

You've got a firm handle (no pun intended) on some things.. I've got to hand (no pun intended) it to you.. But you're really circling (no pun intended) the wrong wagon train on this.

You may think you're a straight shooter(no pun intended)..But that would be extending(no pun intended) you the benefit of the doubt..

You're starting to remind me of the presiding and peerless punctuation police of the Boneyard(no pun intended).. Get a Job.
I completely agree, continuous improvement is something Chief strives for. He’s inferring a change to meaningful content. Almost always when I edit it’s spelling, grammar or clarity. Occasionally a new associated thought occurs that makes sense to include.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

I prefer haiku
For maximum impression
In bizness settings

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I've already made him mad and I'm just busting chops. Can someone please ask a follow up question about "I'm new to cyberspace"?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So your afraid to get hammered that’s too bad.
Someone had a $100 reward on my life after a post of mine they didn’t like back in 2013
Um, so since I’m no one collected it, imagine that it is still good right? Asking for a friend...

C

Chief00

I'm sure this is true most years, but with our schedule so in flux, I'd have Tyler Phommachanh rhink keeping the guys competitive and in shape is a priority rn.
True, but they are not in shape, if our bodies get worn down. Of course, we have 10 guys on the court playing when we play ourselves, rather than 5 when we play someone else. So that math dynamic needs to be factored in. More exposure to injury as opposed to a game in terms of numbers of UConn bodies and minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom