Polley after today's practice? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Polley after today's practice?

Reaction Score
That eye is going to close up. There is a pharmacy in California that still sells leeches to treat this exact ailment.

C

Chief00

Coaches heart must have stopped when Tyler got hit, can’t loose him he is our offense atm. I’m a little surprised they’re still practicing like this. The one thing you worry about with going 100% all the time is having too many guys getting injured/nicked up and that’s certainly been the case with some Hurley coached teams. Still more pros than cons to this style just need depth and durable guys.
That’s a valid concern and Jim had a special knack for when to take his foot off the gas pedal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Yes.. Edited because I didn't clearly communicate my initial thoughts cohesively..

FWIW..I have been known to do this before..

With the critical eye of the BY.. You need to make sure you are accurately articulating your true thoughts.

Otherwise.. You'll get hammered.
So your afraid to get hammered that’s too bad.
Someone had a $100 reward on my life after a post of mine they didn’t like back in 2013. Was I angry of course a measly $100 from that cheapskate was an insult. It should have been at least $500-1000.
Half the fun of the BY is growing a thick skin ,if not a protective shell, as a prerequisite to express your opinion.
A good sense of humor also helps.
Above all don’t take any post to seriously including your own or mine.

Reaction Score
cauldron GIF

Reaction Score
There was a rumor that Hilton and Josh Boone had a huge collision in practice before the George Mason game and that it affected their play. Hard practices cut both ways.

Reaction Score
Coaches heart must have stopped when Tyler got hit, can’t loose him he is our offense atm. I’m a little surprised they’re still practicing like this. The one thing you worry about with going 100% all the time is having too many guys getting injured/nicked up and that’s certainly been the case with some Hurley coached teams. Still more pros than cons to this style just need depth and durable guys.
With so much time between games, the coaches are trying their best to keep the guys sharp.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Someone had a $100 reward on my life after a post of mine they didn’t like back in 2013. Was I angry of course a measly $100 from that cheapskate was an insult. It should have been at least $500-1000.
Half the fun of the BY is growing a thick skin ,if not a protective shell, as a prerequisite to express your opinion.

So they wanted you sleeping with the fishes?

Reaction Score
Thanks for your input..New to this Cyber Space stuff..

Used to think I had a sense of humor in Real Life.. On the BY.. Apparently not..

Builds character

Reaction Score
Good advice. You should post this in the Best Sandwiches thread. There's a poster there who should read this.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Not happy seeing the best outside shooting weapon UConn has being hit in the eye in practice.
If it was during a rebounding drill I will be surprised
If so, he needs to save that energy for the games - could use his bounds then

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
That’s a valid concern and Jim had a special knack for when to take his foot off the gas pedal.
It reminds me of a story Marshall loves to tell about is official visit the UConn. In the middle of a practice fight breaks out. The assistants move to break it up and Calhoun says “not yet” and Marshall thinks to himself “oh I have got to play here.”

Reaction Score
No attack but you may have missed many years of Jim's tenure with things like practice when arriving back to campus at midnight. This after a loss. He also never had a season with no secure schedule which Dan does not have. We may be talking different Jim's but the one I watched from start to finish it was pedal to the metal at all times.
It reminds me of a story Marshall loves to tell about is official visit the UConn. In the middle of a practice fight breaks out. The assistants move to break it up and Calhoun says “not yet” and Marshall thinks to himself “oh I have got to play here.”
Tell me this is Donyell and not Donnie of the two Marshall's. If Donyell had Donnie's fire he would have been a dominant force in the NBA for years. ;)

Hope Tyler is open eyed for next game, love his comment on the day and he loves it!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Tell me this is Donyell and not Donnie of the two Marshall's. If Donyell had Donnie's fire he would have been a dominant force in the NBA for years. ;)
Donnie
No attack but you may have missed many years of Jim's tenure with things like practice when arriving back to campus at midnight. This after a loss
Agree to disagree. Jim’s quest for perfection is part of what led him to excellence.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Yes.. Edited because I didn't clearly communicate my initial thoughts cohesively..

FWIW..I have been known to do this before..

With the critical eye of the BY.. You need to make sure you are accurately articulating your true thoughts.

Otherwise.. You'll get hammered.
Elipses are formed with 3 periods, not 2...just sayin'.

C

Chief00

No attack but you may have missed many years of Jim's tenure with things like practice when arriving back to campus at midnight. This after a loss. He also never had a season with no secure schedule which Dan does not have. We may be talking different Jim's but the one I watched from start to finish it was pedal to the metal at all times.

Hope Tyler is open eyed for next game, love his comment on the day and he loves it!
Couldn’t disagree more, while the first few practices every year were legendary, during the season Jim Calhoun would definitely adjust his practice intensity after taking the pulse of the team and adjusting for schedule.

Reaction Score
Elipses are formed with 3 periods, not 2...just sayin'.
Familiar with ellipses(plural) as a form of writing style but not elipses..Just sayin'.

Not sure if that was your point or not based on your spelling of the word..

If it was..I'll try to adjust..

FWIW.. The use of the ellipsis(singular) style of writing ..Per linguistics experts out of NYU.."Is that it is the perfect balance between the hard stop of a period and the excitement of the exclamation point."

But you've got me thinking Hans.. Personally I think two dots is more efficient.. Just me..

Last edited:
C

Chief00

All those antidotal stories are true but they support and do not detract from my case. Jim knew how to take his foot on and off the gas pedal. Often he was a very quiet but observant guy at practice. This image of him screaming at guys all practice like some maniac just isn’t true. He pick his spots. That doesn’t mean he wasn’t striving for perfection but it was his means of achieving the best result he could.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom