Poll: You Can only attend ONE Home Game, Which Game and Why? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Poll: You Can only attend ONE Home Game, Which Game and Why?

Which Home Game Would You Attend? Can only go to ONE.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Ditto for me, being at Gampel and watch them live is also on my Bucket list. I also agree with your statement that seeing them live is so much different then watching them on TV. My wife thought that I was crazy when I drove (alone) to Reno to watch them play Nevada. That game was great and the crowd is still the largest to ever see a Women's College basketball game in Nevada.

I also learned about the BY from a couple that had traveled out to California and Nevada to see UConn while they were visiting relatives in CA. Bob I met the morning of the Nevada game and talked about seeing them live for the first time. I gave them a ride to the game and we had a late dinner afterwards. We talked almost exclusively UConn and I let them know that I had been a UConn fan since watching them beat TN in the 95 NC game while overseas. They saw how much I loved Geno and the Huskies, that's when they told me about the Boneyard. When I got back to Vegas I got on line and familiarized myself with the BY, after about 3 weeks of just reading I took the dive.

I enjoy the reading and interaction that goes on the Boneyard by maybe some of the most committed and informed fanatics in WBB. Not only from the UConn faithful, but from some of the rival fans who frequent this place. There is always something that you learn from the BY almost daily and even it can get heated sometime the MODS do a great job keeping it civil. I know because Nan put me in TIMEOUT for a couple of days because I crossed the line. Been a good boy ever since. (most of the time) ;)
It’s not hard to become addicted to the Boneyard, especially if you’re a UConn WBB fan. I too enjoy the comments from our outsiders.

Reaction Score
While i have deep deep dislike to anything TN and Notre Dame, reality is that those 2 games will (should) not be too competitive. The Arkansas game got a revenge factor but it's a very different team than last season and there is no real history between the 2 teams. I chose Louisville as i want to see Page against Hailey Van Lith (you know, the one where because of Hailey Van Lith, Paige will never be an AA), Waltz is a great coach and Louisville is a top 5 team in the country and real contender to be in the Finial 4. All of that said, i'd love UConn to kick TN and ND ass by 30...

Reaction Score
Very hard to pick one. Hmmm lets see, 1,023 consecutive games streak without a back-to-back loss on the line against Arkansas. An old rivalry with Tenn. Maybe the best competition with the loo-a-vul game. But I hate ND, not the players, the fans. That why I picked ND. Open that can of whoop-ass. (FYI, hard to believe but UCONN football is undefeated vs ND. Feel free to point that out to ND fans.)
I was expecting some heat because of the above post. But, it didn't come, so I'll do it. Shame on you Skeets. There are some good posts coming from ND on this board. I don't hate all of the ND fans, just 99% of them.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Ditto Serge. I've yet to see my first game in Gampel. I haven't missed a game on TV in over a decade. Seeing a UConn women's BB game in Gampel is very high my on bucket list. If I travel across the country (over 2900 miles) for a game, I've got to see two games. I'm envious of you fans that live locally, can see a game whenever you want to, and have season seats. I would be a season ticket holder if I lived in the area. Watching on TV is one thing, seeing it live in front of you is so much different and better. I had great seats for the UCLA game here several years ago. I savored every second of that experience.

UConn doesn't come to Southern California very often. :( I could go for a home and home series with Stanford and UCLA every year with UConn coming to California one year, and UCLA and Stanford going to Storrs the next. With respect to choosing ND, I don't ever remember seeing Pat Summitt dancing on the court after a Tennessee win. Like Ozimoto, that image is permanently etched in my memory, and I need some relief. Anytime UConn "opens up a can" on the Irish, it provides a little balance to that nightmare image and pushes it further back into recesses of my mind. :confused: Go Huskies.

I completely understand and appreciate those of you that chose Tennessee. ND is 1A for me, Tennessee is a close 1B. But as I said, the rivalry with ND is still fresh. The rivalry with Tennessee died long ago, and is one only remembered by the "old guard." If you were a UConn fan back in 2007, I understand your pain, anguish and frustration. I was not a UConn fan then. Pat Summitt, her administration and their fans did everything they could (went out of their way) to rub salt into the wound to discredit Geno, Maya and UConn. That's NOT easily or soon forgotten.
I'm sure Geno would not let them do this, but after our resounding victory this year the pep band should play a little Irish music while the players dance the jig at center court. ND fans would be really pissed if they did it in South Bend. LOL

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'm sure Geno would not let them do this, but after our resounding victory this year the pep band should play a little Irish music while the players dance the jig at center court. ND fans would be really pissed if they did it in South Bend. LOL
Sorry if my wording was not clear. The “dancing on the court” I referred to was Muffet dancing, not the players. Of course Geno would not allow that. That thought never entered my mind. You win and lose with dignity and class.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was expecting some heat because of the above post. But, it didn't come, so I'll do it. Shame on you Skeets. There are some good posts coming from ND on this board. I don't hate all of the ND fans, just 99% of them.
I don’t hate all ND fans….because I haven’t met all of them. [shrugs]

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I voted for Arkansas the first home game. The way things are going in the world these days there might not be a second home game.

Reaction Score
First game at Gampel this season with spectators: the excitement that the loaded new team generates. If the opener, the opponent happens to be the team that spoiled UConn's unbeaten run for the regular season.....spectators will be smelling "blood" expecting Arkansas to be rolled...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom