Poll: You Can only attend ONE Home Game, Which Game and Why? | The Boneyard

Poll: You Can only attend ONE Home Game, Which Game and Why?

Which Home Game Would You Attend? Can only go to ONE.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
You can only attend one home game this year. Which Game would you choose and why? I'm including the Louisville game due to the proximity to Storrs.

I probably shouldn't have included the Louisville game as its not a home game, but its reasonable that some might choose that game as Mohegan Sun is close and a good venue to watch a game at.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Assuming the game is at Gampel, I think the atmosphere of the Tennessee game is going to be absolutely electric. I know the rivalry isn't quite what it used to be, but there's still something about that game (I'm sure it's a mixture of history and the Evina factor) that just feels so much different than the others on the schedule.

Reaction Score
I picked Vols.
Later in the season.
Team should be well into developing it’s identity.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
The one time we watched the UConn girls play "live", was in the Yum Center while wearing my huskies tee-shirt.

Would be nice to actually see the girls "live" play like I've seen em play on TV.

Reaction Score
You can only attend one home game this year. Which Game would you choose and why? I'm including the Louisville game due to the proximity to Storrs.

I probably shouldn't have included the Louisville game as its not a home game, but its reasonable that some might choose that game as Mohegan Sun is close and a good venue to watch a game at.
I chose the Louisville game because it stands to be the most competitive.
Mohegan Sun is one of the Huskies 3 home courts. At least as much as the XL Center, which isn't on campus either.
That's why they took it with them to the Big East Tournament as soon as they changed conferences.
Unless they moved Uncasville to Kentucky last night while I slept.:rolleyes:

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
For me hands down ND. This stems form the 70's when I worked with a number of ND alum who were the most obnoxious fanatics I have ever encountered. My dislike for ND has diminished not one bit over the years, in fact if anything it has grown. While I was not a fan of the Digger he was heads and shoulders better than Lil miss muffin. She was a coach who came into a game with a nasty attitude and at least 4 chips on her shoulder. It would make my day, my month and ease my bones to see our Husky's woman handle ND. Not the most important game on our schedule, but for an early December game a huge win would make the holidays that much brighter.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I understand. ALL of my games are home games!

....... ........
Home_Games.jpg

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
395km, 4 hrs. 29 mins. according to the steam powered inter web. Yeah, I'd drive that far south to see our fine team humiliate the LV fans. I don't hate or even dislike their team or coach, but some of their fans are…

122D4AE6-BD1F-4CCD-AA85-52D94E976713.jpeg

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I chose Tennessee, but it's close between all of them. Tennessee because I want to destroy them. Like by 50 points. But the same goes for ND. Louisville will be a good game, and Arkansas to get revenge from last year.

But POUND Tennessee (and ND)...

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
For me hands down ND. This stems form the 70's when I worked with a number of ND alum who were the most obnoxious fanatics I have ever encountered. My dislike for ND has diminished not one bit over the years, in fact if anything it has grown. While I was not a fan of the Digger he was heads and shoulders better than Lil miss muffin. She was a coach who came into a game with a nasty attitude and at least 4 chips on her shoulder. It would make my day, my month and ease my bones to see our Husky's woman handle ND. Not the most important game on our schedule, but for an early December game a huge win would make the holidays that much brighter.
500 likes to you!!! Originally I gave you 100, then quickly realized that was not enough. I voted ND too for the same reasons you so eloquently articulated. My original encounter with some obnoxious ND fans was at a USC/ND football game at the LA Coliseum in the early 60’s. Ditto with respect to Muffet.

While I ALWAYS will enjoy a victory over Tennessee preferably in Knoxville) be it shallow, undeserved or lucky, gimme ND. LV fans hate us much more than the Domers do, and they’ve hated us longer. They like to blame Geno for everything from global warming to COVID-19.

Give me a home win over the Irish if I can attend only one game. I’d be smiling, grinning, dancing and singing all the way back home. :D This has nothing to do with any of the players. I’ve never had a problem with Diggins. I always respected her grit and will to win. I’ve always liked Brianna Turner. Wished she had come to UConn. The rivalry with Tennessee is older, but they’ve been out of the limelight for so long, it’s not the same anymore. The rivalry with ND is still fresh.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Louisville at Las Vegas in Connecticut. I have so many Marriot free nights to use. Marriot is about one mile away and my cousin is close by. Making a long weekend out of it.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I would love to be able to go see any UConn home game in person, but it would have to be ND if I have to pick one. I'm a die hard ND hater ever since I was old enough to know what was going on. Living in West Lafayette and Boilermaker fanatic there are two teams that are hated more than others. Indiana and Norte Dame. I hate the Irish more because the fans are ( ! )es and obnoxious both in football and basketball. For the first time since 2014 the two football teams will meet in South Bend and I hope that the Boilermakers walk away with a win. Then on Dec 5th I hope that UConn ladies TAKE NO PRISONERS and demolishes the Irish with the largest win in the history of the series.

Reaction Score
Very hard to pick one. Hmmm lets see, 1,023 consecutive games streak without a back-to-back loss on the line against Arkansas. An old rivalry with Tenn. Maybe the best competition with the loo-a-vul game. But I hate ND, not the players, the fans. That why I picked ND. Open that can of whoop-ass. (FYI, hard to believe but UCONN football is undefeated vs ND. Feel free to point that out to ND fans.)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I would love to be able to go see any UConn home game in person, but it would have to be ND if I have to pick one. I'm a die hard ND hater ever since I was old enough to know what was going on. Living in West Lafayette and Boilermaker fanatic there are two teams that are hated more than others. Indiana and Norte Dame. I hate the Irish more because the fans are ( ! )es and obnoxious both in football and basketball. For the first time since 2014 the two football teams will meet in South Bend and I hope that the Boilermakers walk away with a win. Then on Dec 5th I hope that UConn ladies TAKE NO PRISONERS and demolishes the Irish with the largest win in the history of the series.
Ditto Serge. I've yet to see my first game in Gampel. I haven't missed a game on TV in over a decade. Seeing a UConn women's BB game in Gampel is very high my on bucket list. If I travel across the country (over 2900 miles) for a game, I've got to see two games. I'm envious of you fans that live locally, can see a game whenever you want to, and have season seats. I would be a season ticket holder if I lived in the area. Watching on TV is one thing, seeing it live in front of you is so much different and better. I had great seats for the UCLA game here several years ago. I savored every second of that experience.

UConn doesn't come to Southern California very often. :( I could go for a home and home series with Stanford and UCLA every year with UConn coming to California one year, and UCLA and Stanford going to Storrs the next. With respect to choosing ND, I don't ever remember seeing Pat Summitt dancing on the court after a Tennessee win. Like Ozimoto, that image is permanently etched in my memory, and I need some relief. Anytime UConn "opens up a can" on the Irish, it provides a little balance to that nightmare image and pushes it further back into recesses of my mind. :confused: Go Huskies.

I completely understand and appreciate those of you that chose Tennessee. ND is 1A for me, Tennessee is a close 1B. But as I said, the rivalry with ND is still fresh. The rivalry with Tennessee died long ago, and is one only remembered by the "old guard." If you were a UConn fan back in 2007, I understand your pain, anguish and frustration. I was not a UConn fan then. Pat Summitt, her administration and their fans did everything they could (went out of their way) to rub salt into the wound to discredit Geno, Maya and UConn. That's NOT easily or soon forgotten.

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Ditto Serge. I've yet to see my first game in Gampel. I haven't missed a game on TV in over a decade. Seeing a UConn women's BB game in Gampel is very high my on bucket list. If I travel across the country (over 2900 miles) for a game, I've got to see two games. I'm envious of you fans that live locally, can see a game whenever you want to, and have season seats. I would be a season ticket holder if I lived in the area. Watching on TV is one thing, seeing it live in front of you is so much different and better. I had great seats for the UCLA game here several years ago. I savored every second of that experience.

UConn doesn't come to Southern California very often. :( I could go for a home and home series with Stanford and UCLA every year with UConn coming to California one year, and UCLA and Stanford going to Storrs the next. With respect to choosing ND, I don't ever remember seeing Pat Summitt dancing on the court after a Tennessee win. Like Ozimoto, that image is permanently etched in my memory, and I need some relief. Anytime UConn "opens up a can" on the Irish, it provides a little balance to that nightmare image and pushes it further back into recesses of my mind. :confused: Go Huskies.

I completely understand and appreciate those of you that chose Tennessee. ND is 1A for me, Tennessee is a close 1B. But as I said, the rivalry with ND is still fresh. The rivalry with Tennessee died long ago, and is one only remembered by the "old guard." If you were a UConn fan back in 2007, I understand your pain, anguish and frustration. I was not a UConn fan then. Pat Summitt, her administration and their fans did everything they could (went out of their way) to rub salt into the wound to discredit Geno, Maya and UConn. That's NOT easily or soon forgotten.
Ditto for me, being at Gampel and watch them live is also on my Bucket list. I also agree with your statement that seeing them live is so much different then watching them on TV. My wife thought that I was crazy when I drove (alone) to Reno to watch them play Nevada. That game was great and the crowd is still the largest to ever see a Women's College basketball game in Nevada.

I also learned about the BY from a couple that had traveled out to California and Nevada to see UConn while they were visiting relatives in CA. Bob I met the morning of the Nevada game and talked about seeing them live for the first time. I gave them a ride to the game and we had a late dinner afterwards. We talked almost exclusively UConn and I let them know that I had been a UConn fan since watching them beat TN in the 95 NC game while overseas. They saw how much I loved Geno and the Huskies, that's when they told me about the Boneyard. When I got back to Vegas I got on line and familiarized myself with the BY, after about 3 weeks of just reading I took the dive.

I enjoy the reading and interaction that goes on the Boneyard by maybe some of the most committed and informed fanatics in WBB. Not only from the UConn faithful, but from some of the rival fans who frequent this place. There is always something that you learn from the BY almost daily and even it can get heated sometime the MODS do a great job keeping it civil. I know because Nan put me in TIMEOUT for a couple of days because I crossed the line. Been a good boy ever since. (most of the time) ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom