Poll Will there be an Undefeated Team at Tournament Time. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Poll Will there be an Undefeated Team at Tournament Time.

Will there be an Undefeated Team Entering the NCAA Tournament.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
I don't think anyone is good enough to go undefeated this year, and as I've commented previously, every team has looked shaky at one time or another. My only point is that no one seemed to be talking about a very good Louisville team.

Because they haven’t played a top club. People will have more to say about Louisville after the game against ND on Jan 10.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Because they haven’t played a top club. People will have more to say about Louisville after the game against ND on Jan 10.
Please correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t this thread asking the speculative question of whether there will be any undefeated teams come tournament time? Assuming that is the subject of this thread, there are only three teams that I’m aware of that currently merit inclusion in this discussion: Louisville, NC State & Utah.

Correction - I neglected to include the Ohio Bobcats.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Utah and the Desert Devils mix it up tonight. One prediction.... it will be an ugly game.

Ohio travels to Buffalo tommorrow... 2pm on ESPN3

Louisville has never won in Cameron.... they will get another chance on Sunday :mad:

Could be the combination of Chicken Shawarma Pita and Cheerwine... but I got a feeling in my stomach that we gonna see an another unbeaten fall this week. Im just saying.

I guess it wasnt the Chicken Shawarma Pita and Cheerwine combo after all :confused:

Reaction Score
And then there were 3.
Utah lost to ArizonaSt tonight, so that leaves Lou, NC St, and Ohio.

Ohio's next 2 games are @ Buffalo and v C Michigan. Will be tough to win 1, let alone 2 of those.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Down to 2. Ohio falls to Central Michigan, 88-70. Reyna Frost with a huge game, 23 points and 17 boards. Presley Hudson adds 22.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So State will be the last remaining undefeated team after tonight.

Reaction Score
Congrats to NC State for being the last undefeated team. Tough break with Grace Hunter. Sort of similar to the Blair Watson injury in the middle of our season last year. Hopefully they won't have a three game losing streak like we did.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Congrats to NC State for being the last undefeated team. Tough break with Grace Hunter. Sort of similar to the Blair Watson injury in the middle of our season last year. Hopefully they won't have a three game losing streak like we did.

NC State is now without three players due to injury. We lost Kaila Ealey before the season started, then last Thursday, we lost Grace Hunter and last night, Armani Hawkins suffered a knee injury. Don't know yet whether Hawkins will be out for the year but she was one of the players expected to help make up for the loss of Grace Hunter.

I never expected NC State to be undefeated this late in the season and do not expect them to go undefeated throughout the season. We still have to go to Louisville (our recent games with Louisville have been thrillers) and we host Notre Dame in our Play 4 Kay game. Plus, two matches with UNC, a true bitter Tobacco Road rivalry. So we do have some severe tests coming up. It's just that the schedule has worked out to allow a 16-0 start. When you take into account now three major injuries, it truly is amazing what the team has accomplished, while also integrating several underclassmen into the lineup who are contributing major minutes.

I think the pollsters recognize the weaknesses in our schedule to date and that is why we probably will not climb higher than where we are now until and unless we can beat Louisville and/or Notre Dame...or unless one of the teams ahead of us suffers a surprise slip. Otherwise, I cannot imagine any other team being 16-0 and ranked as low as 8th when all the other teams in the sport have suffered a defeat...but then again, all the other top teams have played some combination of each other...plus, NC State has only been on TV once or twice so far and are an unknown commodity to many. Only true WBB fans will log on to a computer to watch the Wolfpack Women.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Otherwise, I cannot imagine any other team being 16-0 and ranked as low as 8th when all the other teams in the sport have suffered a defeat..

I can. Princeton in 2015 was undefeated until the NCAA tournament. Their highest AP ranking was #13.

You gotta beat someone to be someone.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
You gotta beat someone to be someone.

And we have; we do have wins over Michigan State (although that win doesn't look as good as it did just 10 days ago), Michigan and Belmont, three teams who are most likely going to the NCAAT. We just don't have any of the current slate of higher-ranked teams on the schedule until late in the season.

I do remember Princeton going undefeated a few years back. Do you remember who was on their OOC that year?

Plebe

Reaction Score
And we have; we do have wins over Michigan State (although that win doesn't look as good as it did just 10 days ago), Michigan and Belmont, three teams who are most likely going to the NCAAT. We just don't have any of the current slate of higher-ranked teams on the schedule until late in the season.

I do remember Princeton going undefeated a few years back. Do you remember who was on their OOC that year?
They had two wins that were as good as Michigan and Belmont.

You said you couldn’t imagine any team being undefeated and being ranked so low. So I gave a counterexample. I don’t understand why it’s so hard to imagine. If Ohio had beaten Central Michigan the other day, they’d still be undefeated too.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
They had two wins that were as good as Michigan and Belmont.

You said you couldn’t imagine any team being undefeated and being ranked so low. So I gave a counterexample. I don’t understand why it’s so hard to imagine. If Ohio had beaten Central Michigan the other day, they’d still be undefeated too.
Are you sure NC State's conquests thus far aren't as good as Princeton's 2015 schedule? Belmont (Massey 76) isn't among the toughest opponents NC State has faced this season.

NC State has already beaten these top 100 teams this season (per Massey): 23, 39, 64, 76, 82, 91 (LINK)
In 2015, Princeton was 29-1 entering the tourney; their top 100 opponents: 38, 41, 62, 82, 87, 87, 92, 96 (LINK)

You are correct that they are comparable, but I would say that NC State's top 2 are better than the Tigers.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Are you sure NC State's conquests thus far aren't as good as Princeton's 2015 schedule? Belmont (Massey 76) isn't among the toughest opponents NC State has faced this season.

NC State has already beaten these top 100 teams this season (per Massey): 23, 39, 64, 76, 82, 91 (LINK)
In 2015, Princeton was 29-1 entering the tourney; their top 100 opponents: 38, 41, 62, 82, 87, 87, 92, 96 (LINK)

You are correct that they are comparable, but I would say that NC State's top 2 are better than the Tigers.
If you'll carefully re-read what I wrote, you'll see I did not compare Princeton's wins to NC State's win over Michigan State. If you take away that win, NC State's current resume is no better than Princeton's in 2015.

I'm not disputing that NC State is a really good team. I'm disputing the notion that they automatically deserve to be moved higher than #8 just because they're undefeated and the teams ahead of them aren't.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom