Poll Will there be an Undefeated Team at Tournament Time. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Poll Will there be an Undefeated Team at Tournament Time.

Will there be an Undefeated Team Entering the NCAA Tournament.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
UConn will be the only undefeated team so you can take Louisville and CAL off that list.

Reaction Score
I PROPOSE A MOTION... That ALL of us Cease and Desist with this discussion. It started right before OU game...and we know how that worked out. Yep, still Undefeated, but whew!!! Let's wait until after the NC game to bring this up again

No sense tempting fate~~ Just sayin'

Reaction Score
Of course, being undefeated doesn’t matter.

UConn has been undefeated the past 2 regular seasons and all it got was a final four participation pin .

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
As expected, Bradley loses to Purdue today, 74-61.

Virginia Tech needed a 4th quarter rally to beat Ohio State and stay undefeated.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
There goes the team I thought might go undefeated during the regular season.

Maryland loses to Rutgers 73-65

Undefeated Teams are UConn (AAC), Louisville, NC State, Virginia Tech (ACC) Ohio Bobcats (Mid American), Utah (PAC 12) South Alabama (Sun Belt)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Minnesota and Maryland went down today. I'd be surprised if anyone in the ACC can run the table. UConn is the most likely, especially if they win next week.

Reaction Score
Minnesota and Maryland went down today. I'd be surprised if anyone in the ACC can run the table. UConn is the most likely, especially if they win next week.
I think ND goes unbeaten in Conference Play. But will see.

Reaction Score
Will any team be undefeated entering the NCAA Tournament? I'm saying there won't be. However there are two possibilities. UConn is one, and the other solely based on schedule will surprise many. That team is Maryland

If you vote yes, there will be an undefeated, please post which Team(s) do you think will enter the tournament undefeated.
I'd prefer to take this poll after the Baylor game

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Louisville is not getting any love on this thread. I will remind everyone that the Cardinals are undefeated, ranked 3rd in the nation and returning almost everyone from last year's team that, but for an unexplainable no call during regulation in the national semifinal, would have made it to the national championship game vs a team they had already beaten twice. I realize that Hines-Allen is a big loss, but Jeff's team is pretty darn good.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Could be the combination of Chicken Shawarma Pita and Cheerwine... but I got a feeling in my stomach that we gonna see an another unbeaten fall this week...... Im just saying.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Could be the combination of Chicken Shawarma Pita and Cheerwine... but I got a feeling in my stomach that we gonna see an another unbeaten fall this week. Im just saying.
Don't be shy. Just tell us who will lose and which game. :)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Don't be shy. Just tell us who will lose and which game. :)

Ohio will lose at Buffalo :cool:

VPI goes down at Miami :cool:

And..... NC State better come strapped up to play Thursday Night :mad: Cause you better throw out the record books when Blue Devils and Wolfpack meet up on Tobacco Road...... Backyard brawl... neighborhood tussle. :mad: Since the game is in Raleigh... I'll get the wuffies the edge... but if it were in Cameron.... my money would be on my blue devils.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Ohio will lose at Buffalo :cool:

VPI goes down at Miami :cool:

And..... NC State better come strapped up to play Thursday Night :mad: Cause you better throw out the record books when Blue Devils and Wolfpack meet up on Tobacco Road. Backyard brawl... neighborhood tussle. :mad: Since the game is in Raleigh... I'll get the wuffies the edge... but if it were in Cameron.... my money would be on my blue devils.
Good predictions.

Are you going to Raleigh for the game?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I had to look at Utah's schedule to see what's upcoming. They could potentially remain undefeated for a while. Next up they host the Arizona schools. Challenging games of course but being at home helps. After that is a road swing to the Washington schools, the easiest pair of road games in the conference (although Pullman probably has the distinction of being the hardest place to get to in the Pac). 3 of their first 5 are on the road but may very well be against the bottom 3 teams in the league. Following that is a return game with Colorado, this time in SLC. If they are still undefeated at that point (Jan. 18th), it will end soon. Host Cal and Stanford, followed by a road trip to the Oregon schools. There is no way they get thru Stanford, Oregon and Oregon St. without losing, could easily lose all 3.

Reaction Score
Louisville is not getting any love on this thread. I will remind everyone that the Cardinals are undefeated, ranked 3rd in the nation and returning almost everyone from last year's team that, but for an unexplainable no call during regulation in the national semifinal, would have made it to the national championship game vs a team they had already beaten twice. I realize that Hines-Allen is a big loss, but Jeff's team is pretty darn good.
Because of how they’ve looked at times this season. Will see what happens when ND plays them.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Because of how they’ve looked at times this season. Will see what happens when ND plays them.
Name one team that hasn’t looked shaky at one time or another this season including my Huskies and your Fighting Irish?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Good predictions.

Are you going to Raleigh for the game?

A 7pm game in Raleigh on a weekday night makes it tough for people who live west of the Triangle. Why the ACC decided to schedule it on a thursday instead of a Sunday afternoon is beyond me. Head bang

Should be a good crowd... but it would approach sellout status if it were on a Sunday.

Reaction Score
A 7pm game in Raleigh on a weekday night makes it tough for people who live west of the Triangle. Why the ACC decided to schedule it on a thursday instead of a Sunday afternoon is beyond me. Head bang

Should be a good crowd... but it would approach sellout status if it were on a Sunday.
GO DUKE! I'll be watching this game for sure!

Reaction Score
There goes the team I thought might go undefeated during the regular season.

Maryland loses to Rutgers 73-65

Undefeated Teams are UConn (AAC), Louisville, NC State, Virginia Tech (ACC) Ohio Bobcats (Mid American), Utah (PAC 12) South Alabama (Sun Belt)

Now then there were 4. Undefeated Teams are:
  1. Louisville (ACC)
  2. NC State (ACC)
  3. Ohio Bobcats (Mid American)
  4. Utah (PAC 12)

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Could the Ohio Bobcats by the only unbeaten team entering the NCAA tournament? I have no clue how they compare against the other teams in the Mid American Conference. Don't see Louisville or NC State being undefeated as they play each other and Notre Dame in conference play. Louisville does play UConn but it on their home court and if we thought the Baylor crowd was great for them, Louisville's crowd will be the same.

Now then there were 4. Undefeated Teams are:
  1. Louisville (ACC)
  2. NC State (ACC)
  3. Ohio Bobcats (Mid American)
  4. Utah (PAC 12)

Plebe

Reaction Score
Could the Ohio Bobcats by the only unbeaten team entering the NCAA tournament? I have no clue how they compare against the other teams in the Mid American Conference. Don't see Louisville or NC State being undefeated as they play each other and Notre Dame in conference play. Louisville does play UConn but it on their home court and if we thought the Baylor crowd was great for them, Louisville's crowd will be the same.
No way. The MAC is perhaps the toughest mid-major conference. Its top four teams by Massey ranking:
  • Central Michigan (34)
  • Ohio (41)
  • Buffalo (48)
  • Toledo (77)
The Bobcats' undefeated record will be on the line tomorrow when they travel to Buffalo.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Well, it's a thread about going undefeated. Here are Louisville's results against the RPI top-50 thus far:

1546617762247.png

On one hand, 4-0 is 4-0. On the other hand, these results don't look like the results of a team that will run the table with 9 games left against the current RPI top-50 including games against RPI #1 ND (away) and RPI #2 UConn.

But they're definitely pretty good. I just don't think their performances indicate they are good enough to go undefeated.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Well, it's a thread about going undefeated. Here are Louisville's results against the RPI top-50 thus far:

View attachment 37933

On one hand, 4-0 is 4-0. On the other hand, these results don't look like the results of a team that will run the table with 9 games left against the current RPI top-50 including games against RPI #1 ND (away) and RPI #2 UConn.

But they're definitely pretty good. I just don't think their performances indicate they are good enough to go undefeated.
I don't think anyone is good enough to go undefeated this year, and as I've commented previously, every team has looked shaky at one time or another. My only point is that no one seemed to be talking about a very good Louisville team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom