Poll Will there be an Undefeated Team at Tournament Time. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Poll Will there be an Undefeated Team at Tournament Time.

Will there be an Undefeated Team Entering the NCAA Tournament.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Context:

Current undefeated teams (13)
  • UConn
  • Louisville, NC St, VaTech
  • Maryland, Indiana, Minnesota
  • Cal, USC, Utah
  • Ohio
  • So Alabama
  • Bradley

Cross USC off. 68-48 TAMU with 2 minutes left.

Reaction Score
Context:

Current undefeated teams (12)
  • UConn
  • Cal, USC, Utah
  • Ohio
  • So Alabama
  • Bradley
Indiana & Bradley (escape by 2!) won tonight

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The way UCONN is playing tonight, there will be one less undefeated team come tomorrow! ;)

Reaction Score
UConn. The only tests left are Baylor and Louisville. Neither team has been playing at the level needed to beat UConn. Barring anything like St. John’s in 2012 or Tulane in 2017, there are no other teams that will play UConn close.

Maryland has not played a great team yet and they have to play Iowa, Minnesota, and Michigan State. While I question all of those teams’ true abilities, they are all potential trip ups for Maryland and lord knows Brenda Frese can lose a game at any moment to any team.
Oklahoma is giving UCONN all it can handle up 6
at halftime

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
There are not a lot of teams left on their schedule that UConn could have defeated playing like they did tonight.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
After tonight's game against Oklahoma are there going to changes that UConn will be undefeated at the end of the Regular Season? :)

Reaction Score
I frankly can never understand why fans make undefeated predictions about their teams. It always brings them bad Karma. " It is never over till its over". A Durocherism that is worthy of remembering.

Reaction Score
Context:

• UConn
  • Cal, USC, Utah
  • Ohio
  • So Alabama
  • Bradley
I was going to do a thread on this yesterday after Mississippi State and Tennessee lost but changed my mind.

I think Maryland will run the tables until the NCAA tournament. Michigan State on the road will be the first big test. Iowa will also be on the road. Maryland have 6 really good players and if they are playing well they will beat those two teams plus Minnesota at home.

Reaction Score
The way UCONN is playing tonight, there will be one less undefeated team come tomorrow! ;)
WHY throw the jinx out there in the middle of a game? As it turned out of course your "prediction" didn't happen.

Reaction Score
I was going to do a thread on this yesterday after Mississippi State and Tennessee lost but changed my mind.

I think Maryland will run the tables until the NCAA tournament. Michigan State on the road will be the first big test. Iowa will also be on the road. Maryland have 6 really good players and if they are playing well they will beat those two teams plus Minnesota at home.

"Maryland has 1 ridiculously soft schedule", there I fixed it for you.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
WHY throw the jinx out there in the middle of a game? As it turned out of course your "prediction" didn't happen.
Mainly because that kind of magic doesn't exist and my comments had nothing to do with the game. In fact, you could argue that my comments turned the tide in UCONN's favor.

Reaction Score
Mainly because that kind of magic doesn't exist and my comments had nothing to do with the game. In fact, you could argue that my comments turned the tide in UCONN's favor.
Sort of a reverse mojo kind of thing... I get it:D

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think it is safe to say that after this week's games every team has vulnerabilities.

Reaction Score
I think it is safe to say that after this week's games every team has vulnerabilities.
Vulnerabilities... Yes... But also gutsy, determined, and a "not tonight" attitude. I have said they may lose during the year at some point...hope not... but that "some point" was NOT last night... the TEAM wouldn't allow it!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I frankly can never understand why fans make undefeated predictions about their teams. It always brings them bad Karma. " It is never over till its over". A Durocherism that is worthy of remembering.

It's just human nature. Some fans are content to take the season one day at a time, one win/loss at a time, while others like to look ahead, far ahead, and wonder what might/could be. When you look ahead, you look over and dismiss some teams that appear as "sure locks" to win. Sometimes those locks are not locks at all, but losses disguised to look like easy wins, kinda like the 3-6 Sooners looked before last night's tip off.

Funny thing, the Sooners didn't get that memo, because they didn't play like a 3-6 team most of the evening. UConn didn't play like the #1 team in the country either. Their timing was way off. They couldn't even knock down their bunnies.

A perfect storm for an upset of monumental proportions. If OU had not endured a 5 minute scoring drought at the end, UConn would have lost this one. UConn over took them during that 5 minute drought. The #1 team in the country losing to an unranked sub .500 team. That loss would have been 10 times worse than their loss to ND this past March. UConn would have fell like a rock out of the 5 for sure.

Much to ND's delight, as they would have moved back into the top spot in the rankings. I think OU got tired at the very end, and could not close the deal. They were not afraid of UConn, and had their number for the first 35 minutes. Cal will be a much tougher opponent on Saturday. This game if nothing else served as a wake-up call for the Huskies. Don't think that the entire Cal wbb team and its coaches weren't watching this game. This game had to give them hope they may not have have before.

Hopefully our girls got the message this game sent them, we'll see.

Tip in - willtalk, I'm sorry to pee in your koolaid, but "It is never over till its over" was not the brain child of Leo the lip (Leo Durocher). That was a phrase (among many others) first uttered by that old Yankee catcher, our beloved Lawrence Peter Berra AKA: Yogi Berra. Number 8 in your program, #1 in your heart. :D However, we get your point!

Who said it's not over till it's over?

"It ain't over till it's over." Well, you can't argue with that. American baseball legend Yogi Berra first uttered the phrase about baseball's 1973 National League pennant race. His team was a long way behind when he said it and they did eventually rally to win the division title. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Even Maryland fans know this. That's why I voted for two teams.

Maryland has a weak schedule but I really do like the two freshmen Mikesell and Austin. Mikesell in particular is a gamer.

Austin is still developing but has so much potential. She has had some great moments. I would be excited about these two if I was a Maryland fan.

Reaction Score
Maryland has a weak schedule but I really do like the two freshmen Mikesell and Austin. Mikesell in particular is a gamer.

Austin is still developing but has so much potential. She has had some great moments. I would be excited about these two if I was a Maryland fan.
We are. We also would like Brenda to stop playing the Coppin State's and Loyola's and beef up the schedule some more.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
  • UConn
  • Cal, USC, Utah
  • Ohio
  • So Alabama
  • Bradley
Indiana got beat today by Grambling, 65-62 in the Puerto Rico Classic.

Just a massive upset. Grambling came into this game 1-8 and ranked #286 in Massey. They led by 14 early in the 4th quarter. Indiana battled back and took the lead briefly, but Grambling scored the last 4 points of the game to win.

With USC's loss yesterday to A&M, that leaves 11 undefeated teams. Bradley's run will likely end tomorrow vs. Purdue.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The game is 40 minutes long. UConn plays all 40 minutes. Geno will not have it any other way.

OU was gassed starting the 4th quarter. They played a good 35 minutes. Got to play all 40!

Reaction Score
I think playing Copping State and Loyola is cool, as long as you don’t play nobody else but a dozen of them ..
We are. We also would like Brenda to stop playing the Coppin State's and Loyola's and beef up the schedule some more.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom