Who's your 4th #1 Seed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Presuming Charlie Creme and most everybody else will have UConn, So Carolina and Notre Dame as #1 Seeds. Who's your 4th?

Reaction Score
Presuming Charlie Creme and most everybody else will have UConn, So Carolina and Notre Dame as #1 Seeds. Who's your 4th?
While I don't think they're the 4th best team, I think TX has a good chance to go undefeated if they can beat Baylor, and if they did would probably get the fourth #1.

Reaction Score
I didn't vote because I don't see ND in the final 4 this year. I think 3 of last year's semi-finalists return, but ND watches the championship this year. ND has had key injuries, the Reimer situation, the early departure of Loyd and they're beating lesser teams by very small margins.

I just don't see them having a better chance than Ohio State, UCLA, Texas, Baylor, etc. Tennessee could very well get it together and end up a better team by the tournament.

Reaction Score
I voted for Texas. As the above poster stated the Baylor/Texas games will be key. Ohio State was very impressive on the road against Maryland. I like to see what happens in the rematch game. Yesterday was the first game I thought Maryland really missed Lexie Brown. I also like to see what happens in the Gillespie situation. I have no confidence in Warlick and Tennessee to get pass the Sweet 16.

Reaction Score
I think UCONN / Baylor / SoCar / & TX at this point of the season have the best shots of making the Final Four.
I think KY & MD have an outside shot of making the FF.
If a team has very good big girls they can beat ND.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
If Brianna Turner is healthy, I think ND gets to the Final Four as they'll outscore everyone they meet. However poll question is who's the 4th #1 seed, not who going to the Final Four? :) Based on ND's projected record, they'll be a #1 seed.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
If Brianna Turner is healthy, I think ND gets to the Final Four as they'll outscore everyone they meet. However poll question is who's the 4th #1 seed, not who going to the Final Four? :) Based on ND's projected record, they'll be a #1 seed.

She played well against Pittsburgh yesterday -- 20 points -- because Pitt shut down the outside and ND had an off day with decision making. She's really the key for the Irish, because she gives them an inside/outside balance and the fact is Mabrey2/Ogunbowale are going to have frosh moments. If Brianna's shoulder holds up, I think ND makes it. Will be tough, but they seem to find a way....

Reaction Score
UConn is only one team that deserves a #1 seed. Everyone else is by default.

South Carolina / Texas/ Baylor lack shooters. Notre Dame is to small.

Reaction Score
I voted for Texas. As the above poster stated the Baylor/Texas games will be key. Ohio State was very impressive on the road against Maryland. I like to see what happens in the rematch game. Yesterday was the first game I thought Maryland really missed Lexie Brown. I also like to see what happens in the Gillespie situation. I have no confidence in Warlick and Tennessee to get pass the Sweet 16.
What's the "Gillespie situation"?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Cancel the tourney now as there appear to be no teams in the NCAA worth watching other than UCONN. I guess we will have to wait until next year to have 4 number 1 seeds in the tourney.

I voted for Maryland, despite their loss to OSU. I don't care if Baylor is a 1 or 2 seed as long as we are in the Dallas region. Other than UCONN I think Baylor has a shot at defeating any 1 seed.

Reaction Score
Baylor. They may have the best backcourt in the country. A healthy Niya Johnson and Alexis Jones ... OH MY.

Reaction Score
While I don't think they're the 4th best team, I think TX has a good chance to go undefeated if they can beat Baylor, and if they did would probably get the fourth #1.
TEXAS will NOT go undefeated. They may finish with 4 to 6 losses.

Reaction Score
I didn't vote because I don't see ND in the final 4 this year. I think 3 of last year's semi-finalists return, but ND watches the championship this year. ND has had key injuries, the Reimer situation, the early departure of Loyd and they're beating lesser teams by very small margins.

I just don't see them having a better chance than Ohio State, UCLA, Texas, Baylor, etc. Tennessee could very well get it together and end up a better team by the tournament.
I like you. I like you a lot.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It is going to be an interesting year - I am not sure I see any team except Uconn getting through their conference schedule/tournament unscathed - SC and ND have the best chances of doing that, but neither of them have looked that dominant and I think they will slip up one or more times. Baylor already had one slip and I am not sure TX has the experience to do it. OSU will lose somewhere along the line.

Reaction Score
Everyone does understand the 4 starting guards for Texas shot 9 for THIRTY against Texas Tech ... 11 assist NINE turnovers as well from the 4. If this is a womens basketball number 1 seed ... OH MY :eek:

Reaction Score
Baylor. They may have the best backcourt in the country. A healthy Niya Johnson and Alexis Jones ... OH MY.

Which Alexis Jones ? The one that was 2/18 FG vs OSU, or the one that was 10/17 FG vs Oklahoma. Yes I know Johnson did not play against OSU - still 2/18 is terrible

Reaction Score

Did you mean UConn is #1 seed by default, not everyone else?

Reaction Score
UConn
South Carolina
Notre Dame
Texas / Baylor (whoever wins B12)

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
My vote depends on whether I'm seeding the field based on what's happened so far or projecting who the top seeds will be come March. If the tournament began today, I think Texas would have to be a #1 seed. When the tournament actually begins, I suspect Baylor will be.

Reaction Score
TEXAS will NOT go undefeated. They may finish with 4 to 6 losses.
Looking at who they will be playing (all Big 12) I don't see where those losses are going to come from. If they avoid injuries, the Big 12 is not that strong and I don't see anyone but Baylor beating them. It's possible they lose to Baylor 3 times (counting the conference tournament) and maybe one other game in the conference to get to 4 losses, but if they don't lose to Baylor (a big if I admit) I see a better than even chance of them going undefeated in the regular season.

Reaction Score
Looking at who they will be playing (all Big 12) I don't see where those losses are going to come from. If they avoid injuries, the Big 12 is not that strong and I don't see anyone but Baylor beating them. It's possible they lose to Baylor 3 times (counting the conference tournament) and maybe one other game in the conference to get to 4 losses, but if they don't lose to Baylor (a big if I admit) I see a better than even chance of them going undefeated in the regular season.
Baylor will beat them twice, Okstate once, WVU once, I would not be shocked if Iowa St gets the W tomorrow. Texas is NOT consistent throughout a full season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom