• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
UCLA.

Agree with this...think it will become more apparent as conference plays goes on. UCLA just beat Oregon State by 20 last night and Jordin Canada is playing lights out.

Reaction Score
Which Alexis Jones ? The one that was 2/18 FG vs OSU, or the one that was 10/17 FG vs Oklahoma. Yes I know Johnson did not play against OSU - still 2/18 is terrible
Still mentally recovering from her ACL tear. 2 years ago she easily puts that Baylor team on her back without Niya. I think without Niya that game she put a lot of pressure on herself to lead. I think she needs to realize what she can and can not do until shes fully recovered mentally not just physically.

Just a few words for thought. prior to this game Lex previous meeting was against them in a NCAA tournament. She had a much more effective stat line. Nine points, seven assists, and 3 rebounds on just 2 of 6 shooting. Im convinced she was pressing too much in the absence of their all american point guard.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Which Alexis Jones ? The one that was 2/18 FG vs OSU, or the one that was 10/17 FG vs Oklahoma. Yes I know Johnson did not play against OSU - still 2/18 is terrible

Jones had an off night against OSU, but that does not define her season. She is not the first player to ever have a bad shooting night.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Still mentally recovering from her ACL tear. 2 years ago she easily puts that Baylor team on her back without Niya. I think without Niya that game she put a lot of pressure on herself to lead. I think she needs to realize what she can and can not do until shes fully recovered mentally not just physically.

Just a few words for thought. prior to this game Lex previous meeting was against them in a NCAA tournament. She had a much more effective stat line. Nine points, seven assists, and 3 rebounds on just 2 of 6 shooting. Im convinced she was pressing too much in the absence of their all american point guard.

I agree. Jones felt a lot of pressure trying to compensate for the absence of Johnson, plus, it was the first Big 12 game of her career. She is an incredible player that has the ability to take over a game. And she and Johnson are, IMO, the best guard tandem in WCBB.

Reaction Score
I agree. Jones felt a lot of pressure trying to compensate for the absence of Johnson, plus, it was the first Big 12 game of her career. She is an incredible player that has the ability to take over a game. And she and Johnson are, IMO, the best guard tandem in WCBB.
I think the people in Columbus, Ohio might disagree with you on this. Can't wait to see the first Texas/Baylor game in a couple of weeks though.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I think the people in Columbus, Ohio might disagree with you on this. Can't wait to see the first Texas/Baylor game in a couple of weeks though.
You guys mean besides Jefferson and Nurse, right?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
You guys mean besides Jefferson and Nurse, right?

This is a tough one to call as each duo has its strengths.
Jefferson/Nurse average 23.4 points per game and Johnson/Jones average 21.2.
Jefferson/Nurse average 4.55 steals per game and Johnson/Jones average 3.73
Jefferson/Nurse shoot 50.76% and Johnson/Jones shoot 42.97
Jefferson/Nurse shoot 73.2% FTs and Johnson/Jones shoot 70.97%
Johnson/Jones average 14.7 assists per game and Jefferson/Nurse average (9.3).
Johnson/Jones average 9.1 rebounds per game and Jefferson/Nurse average 5.2.
Johnson/Jones have an A/TO ratio of 2.5 and Jefferson/Nurse have an A/TO ratio of 1.96.
Johnson/Jones shoot 38.2 from three point range and Jefferson/Nurse shoot 36%

I'm sure there are other stats that may shed more light on this discussion.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
This is a tough one to call as each duo has its strengths.
Jefferson/Nurse average 23.4 points per game and Johnson/Jones average 21.2.
Jefferson/Nurse average 4.55 steals per game and Johnson/Jones average 3.73
Jefferson/Nurse shoot 50.76% and Johnson/Jones shoot 42.97
Jefferson/Nurse shoot 73.2% FTs and Johnson/Jones shoot 70.97%
Johnson/Jones average 14.7 assists per game and Jefferson/Nurse average (9.3).
Johnson/Jones average 9.1 rebounds per game and Jefferson/Nurse average 5.2.
Johnson/Jones have an A/TO ratio of 2.5 and Jefferson/Nurse have an A/TO ratio of 1.96.
Johnson/Jones shoot 38.2 from three point range and Jefferson/Nurse shoot 36%

I'm sure there are other stats that may shed more light on this discussion.
Well, you have provided some statistical support for my having voted for Baylor in the poll!

Reaction Score
Jones had an off night against OSU, but that does not define her season. She is not the first player to ever have a bad shooting night.

Jones is shooting 41% FG, so this isn't her first off night. It is hard to go 2 for 18, either you are taking bad shots, or missing open shots and should stop shooting.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Jones is shooting 41% FG, so this isn't her first off night. It is hard to go 2 for 18, either you are taking bad shots, or missing open shots and should stop shooting.

She is shooting 41% for the season and shot 11% in that game. Minus that game she is shooting 44% for the year. There are off nights and there are OFF NIGHTS.

Nurse is shooting 46% for the year, Collier is shooting 44%, and KLS is shooting 38.8% (25% from three point range). Would you also suggest that KLS stop shooting three pointers?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Baylor is reporting that Alexis Prince is practicing with the team again and is ready to return to game play, probably against TCU this weekend. With her back in the lineup I would like to change my vote from Maryland to Baylor. Prince has turned into an exceptional defender and is a true offensive threat and makes this team much more balanced. Add her and Johnson to that OSU game and Baylor never would have lost that.

Reaction Score
She is shooting 41% for the season and shot 11% in that game. Minus that game she is shooting 44% for the year. There are off nights and there are OFF NIGHTS.

Nurse is shooting 46% for the year, Collier is shooting 44%, and KLS is shooting 38.8% (25% from three point range). Would you also suggest that KLS stop shooting three pointers?

If you are part of the best backcourt in the country you don't shoot 11% in a big game. You will never see Nurse, Collier, or KLS shoot 2 for 18 .

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
If you are part of the best backcourt in the country you don't shoot 11% in a big game. You will never see Nurse, Collier, or KLS shoot 2 for 18 .

LOL. I wish I lived in a dream world.

Players have bad games...it happens. Do you recall when Maya and DT had a horrible shooting percentage (17% on 4 of 23 shooting) in that exhibition game in Europe last summer? Does that mean that they are not the best starting combo in the world? Did Geno tell them to stop shooting?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I picked Baylor

UConn
ND
Maryland.....slight edge over Baylor
Baylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online