Poll - Who Would You Chose to Replace Geno? | The Boneyard

Poll - Who Would You Chose to Replace Geno?

In the event that UConn needed to replace Geno, who would be your current favorite candidate?

• Jennifer Rizzotti

• Carla Berubi

• Jamelle Elliot

• Chris Daley

• Someone else to be named in a post below

• No opinion / no preference at this time

Results are only viewable after voting.

sun

Reaction Score
In the event that Geno needed to be permanently replaced due to unforeseen circumstances, who would be your current favorite candidate to replace him?

This is not about selecting an interim HC, but rather a permanent replacement under a multi-year contract.

IMHO, since Jennifer Rizzotti has reestablished her presence close to Storrs, Connecticut as the President of the Connecticut Sun, it has seemingly placed her in close geographic proximity to easily become Geno's replacement if and when that becomes necessary.
That could work out a number of different ways, and may never even happen, but she's my favorite candidate for the HC job at this time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sue Bird. She has the right blend of career achievements, energy and enthusiasm for the game, competitiveness, excellent rapport with other players....the qualifications are plentiful. Now, whether she would be interested is another story.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
If Ralph can get Vandy into the middle or upper tier of SEC teams in a few years.

If Bird ever wants to coach would be a great choice with experience.

I personally think it'd be pretty awesome if you had Ralph (or Bird), Ivey, and Kellie Harper all leading their alma maters when they were college basketball standouts in the late 90s and early 00s.

Reaction Score
Diana Taurasi. With all her energy, no recruit would ever say no. Just as CD pulled Geno away from the refs, would be entertaining to see whoever the 1st Assistant was put her/his body between Diana and the refs.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
For the record, I have never corrected anyone’s grammar or spelling in the past; as a fan forum I normally do not see that as important. However, something like creating a poll should garner a certain amount of respect for those you are putting in the poll by getting their names right.

That is an easy thing to do now. For example, if you were to type “Carla Berubi” into a search engine you would get a response asking if you meant the correctly spelled name. (One of two misspelled names). Easy. As in a few seconds. For a free flowing post? Shrug of the shoulder. For creating a poll? The few seconds necessary to get names right is well worth it.

If Ralph succeeds at Vandy I would give her the nod, though I don’t think she would come.

sun

Reaction Score
For the record, I have never corrected anyone’s grammar or spelling in the past; as a fan forum I normally do not see that as important. However, something like creating a poll should garner a certain amount of respect for those you are putting in the poll by getting their names right.

That is an easy thing to do now. For example, if you were to type “Carla Berubi” into a search engine you would get a response asking if you meant the correctly spelled name. (One of two misspelled names). Easy. As in a few seconds. For a free flowing post? Shrug of the shoulder. For creating a poll? The few seconds necessary to get names right is well worth it.

If Ralph succeeds at Vandy I would give her the nod, though I don’t think she would come.
A sincere thank you for the spelling correction.
I did look her up first along with the others by spelling her name incorrectly, but my error was an unintentional oversight.
I'll remember the proper spelling for Carla Berube now for sure.

Last edited:

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
As I have stated previously, my choices would be Sue Bird (first choice), or, if she demurred, Curt Miller ( coach of the WNBA Connecticut Sun) as the second choice. I find it surprising that others have not mentioned him already, in view of his success both with the Sun and previously with Indiana at the P5 college level.

sun

Reaction Score
Jen Rizzotti was an assistant coach with Team USA at the Tokyo Olympics.
She made sure beforehand that taking the Sun job wouldn't interfere with her coaching in Tokyo.

Geno was also an assistant coach with Team USA in 2000.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I chose Berube off your list but my choice order would be; Shea Ralph, Carla Berube, Adia Barnes, Courtney Banghart, and Kelly Graves from Oregon. Two of those (Barnes & Graves) probably wouldn’t even consider the job, but you did ask!

sun

Reaction Score

Bearcats Mic'd Up: Jamelle Elliott​

Posted Apr 23, 2015 by Cincinnatti Bearcats
Go behind the scenes with Cincinnati head coach Jamelle Elliott as her Bearcats face Houston on January 31, 2015 at Fifth Third Arena.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom