Poll: Who will step up on offense? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Poll: Who will step up on offense?

Who will step up OFFENSIVELY while Paige is recovering from her injury?

• Amari DeBerry (curve ball!)

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Caroline Ducharme

Votes: 62 34.8%
  • Aaliyah Edwards

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • Dorka Juhasz

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Mir McLean

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Evina Westbrook

Votes: 51 28.7%
  • Christyn Williams

Votes: 43 24.2%
  • Piath Gabriel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nika Muhl

Votes: 8 4.5%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
We can't count on Caroline yet but we can't count on anyone not named Paige either. The bottom line is we live and die with Caroline over the next 2 months. i think she will produce well if given the mintes. Like most players, some games she will be cold and others she will be hot. We just became a Notre Dame type team for the next 2 months. I love CW but she's a drive first player and when up against a zone, as we will start seeing even more, her game suffers. It's not like she stops trying. She's just more of a get to the basket player. I don't see anyone else who can create their own shot. I'd probably set screens for Caroline and Evina in the half court offense. Do more conventional pick and roll playmaking. We do a lot of picks but do we roll all that well currently? I don't think so. Our team wasn't configured for it but Caroline might be a different option in that regard.
You admit that we will see a lot of zone, but your solution is more pick and rolls? That is contradictory, right? In a Zone, one needs to overload one side to get the intended result. The picks come off the ball.

Reaction Score
You admit that we will see a lot of zone, but your solution is more pick and rolls? That is contradictory, right? In a Zone, one needs to overload one side to get the intended result. The picks come off the ball.
Defeating a zone can be done by overloading one area, quick passing and shrinking the perimeter or hitting consistently from way outside increasing the perimeter and creating voids.

Reaction Score
I hope I'm wrong but she plays such an aggressive style of defense it will be hard for her to reign that in......BTW so far this season she has committed ten fouls in 63 minutes of play compared to EW who has committed ten fouls in 182 minutes or CW who has committed 13 fouls in 210 minutes of play............
yes I am aware of that, hoping she reduces the fouls, given her presumed change of roles, knowing she is needed to remain on the floor

Reaction Score
I want to know who was the one person that voted for Amari Deberry to step up. Very prescient selection on somebody's part.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping it will be Geno, he needs to coach and draw some good offensive plays and sets. And while he's at it, maybe he can show some energy out there.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm hoping it will be Geno, he needs to coach and draw some good offensive plays and sets. And while he's at it, maybe he can show some energy out there.
Speaking of which mad props to Nell who drew up some pretty impressive stuff utilizing her bigs tonight when the game was on the line. Brilliant stuff to open the 4th quarter.

Reaction Score
Speaking of which mad props to Nell who drew up some pretty impressive stuff utilizing her bigs tonight when the game was on the line. Brilliant stuff to open the 4th quarter.
She did just what I would have done all season against UConn if you have any skilled bigs. Pound it inside where Ono is the only interior defense they have and make her foul. Juhasz and Edwards looked like they were stuck in a revolving door.

Oracle9

No time for fake ones
Reaction Score
Based on the sample size we’ve seen from this team (freshmen excluded), I’m not overly confident that anyone will step up. We shall see. The games will be interesting. We will learn a lot. The defense will need to be stellar for UConn to have a chance to win. Let’s roll in the ball out onto the court and see what happens.
Agreed. No one jumps out for me..its a crap shoot.

Reaction Score
They will not always be in a zone right? They obviously need to do something other than freelance, which appears to be the plan currently. They need good shot opportunities and as of last game they are not getting them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom