• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
West Coast visiting Russell at her school and then watching players
I believe later in the week also on the West Coast? I have not seen any details
beyond the above.
It makes sense that we appear to be down to X for the class of 2012. We are set
with or w/o X for 2012. Right now we are at 13 for 2012. Srs in 2012 are CD*,KF, and Buck* * represents 5th year players. If we get a commitment from X that would be 14 for 2012 and 11 for 2013. At that point we will have 4 SRs in 2013 Bria,Dolson,Johnson,and Engelin. A commitment from X will impact IMHO the degree we pursue Mavunga or another player who is a 4,aside from Reimer,4/3 who along with Russell 5, who is of an elite status and we would take if they want to be Huskies. The same goes for DD who we take because she is that good. I would love getting #3 DD,#4 Reimer. A class of #1Russell,#3DD,#4Reimer,and one of Samuelson,#9Tucker,or another guard would be incredible. The fact that we appear to be still open to X indicates that we continue to be very high on her.
#11 Calhoun in 2014 might be a player who is ultimately going to be elite,Connections Christ of King and CT,Brother verbal to CT 2012,visits to CT,father stating he wants both of his kids at CT.
I have not till now seen anything regarding Russell indicating we are at this moment seriousely in the picture. She is just one of those players you take!!
DD is of the same caliber. Teammates with Bria,Dolson,KML**,Stewart, and Tuck all members of the U19 Gold Member team is a significant connection. Add Mo and Stokes time spent re: the U19 trials. Another very important connection is her Coach,Maya's Coach and mentor.Add Banks ,Ga connection. 2010 super weeekend All of these are powerful connections and ongoing relations some VERY CLOSE!
With TN you have the GA players who are numerous,including the earlier long time former teammate and ELITE Davis,<Ariel,Burdick U 19 teammates> and her mother having been an ALL AMERICAN at TN. She has made at least 2 visits to TN including last weekend.
Some on here and other sites ,state there only interest is the current players and this season! I am very interested in this season and recruiting! Recruiting inf is tougher to obtain. Traditionally there has been much more available on mens basketball. I would love to know much more and to chat with others :)
Well obvious update that most know about! Another opportunity for Tenn folks, to jump up and down and BS about Geno and the elimination of X from our recruiting list. We move on as they have much bigger issues re their future! I am much more comfortable with our position than their uncertainties.
We seem to be finished with 2012 recruiting now and attention moves entirely to 2013 and beyond. This is regarding recruiting. We have an exciting season ahead with an obvious transistion without Maya after 4 remarkable years. Looking forward to this season while issues of future recruiting remain ongoing. LOL:) Recruiting is a component for us and every other basketball team. It is ok for us to focus on this up coming season while also discussing the future. I can multi task;) How about the rest of you? We have great threads going on Breanna :p She isn't coming till next season. We will be talking alot about practice and this season. In 2 weeks we will be talking about the current signing period, kids who will be verballing for 2012 who have not done so yet,kids visiting us who have verballed,and those who have not. Practice,the coming season,and ongoing recruiting! Exciting times.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Its hard for me to choose because I feel Calhoun and DD are coming so picking one or the other is tuff so I chose both. Either way if we do get Reimer too WOW. It only continues to get better at UConn.

Reaction Score
Its hard for me to choose because I feel Calhoun and DD are coming so picking one or the other is tuff so I chose both. Either way if we do get Reimer too WOW. It only continues to get better at UConn.

Reaction Score
You can add any # you think we will get! I am hoping for DD,Reimer,and Calhoun is a lock,if she is good enough, and meets the other important criteria that Geno wants from a Huskie! I hope she ends up being or becoming what I have read of her. No way you turn down a Russell! I do know CD went to her school the beginning of the week! With Dolson being a SR you do not turn down an elite player! As a matter a fact,we had Williams.Elizabeth and would have taken her if she was not ultimately choosing Duke! The same a year earlier with the kid from Stanford,Okiwandi the player of the year . In both cases they came to UConn on offical visits before choosing Duke and Stanford. If Reimer chooses us this weekend,I will be very happy. I really want DD. Both Maya and KML once they chose they became active recruiters! If I was in their position I would want to get the best players to join me!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Diamond is a UConn lean, despite her absence.

I like the fact that X and Taya were there last night. Any reports on body language?

I think Omar Calhoun, Sr. was clear. I like our chances with Turner. Moriah was just the beginning in Texas. :)

Not sure about Tucker. Russell is a stretch, but not impossible.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
...who is of an elite status and we would take if they want to be Huskies.....

... I have not till now seen anything regarding Russell indicating we are at this moment seriousely in the picture. She is just one of those players you take!! ...

I think you're wrong in this area. Seems to me UConn has in fact passed on elite players who apparently wanted to be a Husky or were seriously close to that. Most immediate example, from what I've read here, is Massengale. We don't know how many other instances never became public knowledge.

Reaction Score
Where is the information about Reimer coming from? Would be nice if true

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
These are young girls and its so hard to tell. I have always thought that Diamond would be in a UCONN uniform, but lately I'm not as sure. I'm not saying its impossible, just not sure. Reimer, shocked me that she was there for the Super Show. That's a positive sign. I like this girl and I hope she comes to UCONN. X girl--I almost see her at South Carolina or North Carolina honestly but again, who knows. Calhoun ( if she gets an offer) accepts. I am sure of it.
:):)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Where is the information about Reimer coming from? Would be nice if true

Not sure what "information about Reimer" you're referring to. The comments in this thread about her committing to UConn were either an expression of wishful thinking or followed by the word "if." We don't know how big that "if" is. She's in Storrs now (second visit) so that's a good sign. But there is at least one other school (Georgia) which believes it's ahead of UConn on her list of schools. She has a pretty long list of great programs so we'll have to wait and see how this plays out.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Like most of the other Boneyard members, I love to follow the UConn women's recruiting process. Sure, I'd love to see any of the girls that Geno and staff think belong in Storrs announce their choice to come to Connecticut. But at the same time, I like to be cautious. I get a little nervous when everyone seems to assume that certain girls are coming our way. I like Nan's approach to her recruiting website. She'll list the potential recruits, but they don't get a photo until at least a verbal commit. So, my recommendation is to sit back and watch. Based on past history, UConn should do well in the process, but there are no guarantees of what motivates a particular player to go a particular school. As I've said before, don't count your chickens......

Reaction Score
I think you're wrong in this area. Seems to me UConn has in fact passed on elite players who apparently wanted to be a Husky or were seriously close to that. Most immediate example, from what I've read here, is Massengale. We don't know how many other instances never became public knowledge.
If I stated or implied that we would take every single player who is elite,that is not what I meant to infer. I meant to indicate that the particular players I mentioned and I could name others who fall under that category you make room for! There are of course other players who might be elite that for various reasons you do not take. At CT with Geno that list that fit,would be smaller than they would be at other schools. The Massengale example is an interesting one! TN and Pat, I believe, may have had her prove herself in certain ways.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
The Massengale thing still puzzles me. IIRC, it had something to do with her attitude or her fathers. Dont quote me though!
As of recent, Malina Howard and Bria Holmes are two that I can think of that left without scholarship offers and they are elite level in HS and likely to be great college players.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The Massengale thing still puzzles me. IIRC, it had something to do with her attitude or her fathers. Dont quote me though!
As of recent, Malina Howard and Bria Holmes are two that I can think of that left without scholarship offers and they are elite level in HS and likely to be great college players.
Massengale left after her visit without a scholly offer either. in fact, both Geno and Pat passed on her. it wasn't until she played with Burdick on one of the USA teams that Pat took a second look. the rest, as they say, is history!

Reaction Score
Some how my Ariel post got lost? Oh well I will write my thoughts on this subject again. Exciting player with much revisionist history going on;) She did not announce for TN until the end of August 2010!!!
The list I created is far from complete and is fluid.I am not stating at this moment that anyone is definitely coming to us other than stating what Calhoun's father said he would like!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Can I change my vote on Xylina?

Ok, time to focus recruiting thoughts on 2013 and even 2014. Tony likes a kid from 2015!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Can I change my vote on Xylina?

Ok, time to focus recruiting thoughts on 2013 and even 2014. Tony likes a kid from 2015!
Yes, you can but she still isn't going to come. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul