Poll: Which two coaches Geno meant | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Poll: Which two coaches Geno meant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He said twice that it was not Calhoun or Summit.
He later said he still competes against them.
So, taking him at his woird, what are your guesses?
My Guesses:
Quentin Hillsman - Syracuse
CViv - Rutgers

Muffett is a possibility.

I agree with these two. Quentin has been a real (insert bad word here)..... C Viv loves to create drama.... remember the Ann Strother/Matee Ajavon incident that then included Cappie?

I was thinking maybe Brenda from Maryland, but if he was still uphappy with her, why would he schedule that team?

Reaction Score
I, too, assumed Rene Portland. As for the man, you've all got better guesses than I.

That is a great point as well. Portland was a real character. Didn't she make a negative comment about Svetlana because Sveta had a butch haircut?

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
That is a great point as well. Portland was a real character. Didn't she make a negative comment about Svetlana because Sveta had a butch haircut?

I wonder what she thinks of Sveta these days. What the hell, narrow minds only get more constricted with age. Sorta like thrombosis of the brain.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Sorta wished he'd either 1) said the names straight out or 2) said "no need to discuss it." 'cause right now is sounds like the kind of "If only you knew the stuff I knew" bull that becomes fodder for unpleasant speculation.
sorta his M.O. lately

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I agree with these two. Quentin has been a real (insert bad word here)..... C Viv loves to create drama.... remember the Ann Strother/Matee Ajavon incident that then included Cappie?

I was thinking maybe Brenda from Maryland, but if he was still uphappy with her, why would he schedule that team?
have you seen CViv & Geno after games since that incident... you may be stuck there but I think they moved on ;)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I wonder what she thinks of Sveta these days. What the hell, narrow minds only get more constricted with age. Sorta like thrombosis of the brain.
No one has seen hide nor hair of her in years.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
sorta his M.O. lately
I think it's long been his MO. Most recently was the ND fiasco. While I'm sure that much of what he says is intentional, too often he just throws crap out and then has to back off later. In this case, the "go with your instincts" bit was stupid. What if the reporter had gone with his instinct and was wrong? I'm sure Geno would have called a press conference to issue a correction. Righhhht.

I still don't see much difference with Auriemma's unidentified ND player or unidentified coaches comments and Pat Summitt's "ask Geno, he knows".
If you're going to point a public finger have the bells to name the names. Otherwise just keep quiet.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I thought Geno and CVS got along fine now? They seem pretty friendly with each other in the handshake line after games.

Reaction Score
Sorta wished he'd either 1) said the names straight out or 2) said "no need to discuss it." 'cause right now is sounds like the kind of "If only you knew the stuff I knew" bull that becomes fodder for unpleasant speculation.

I think he said the names. The author of the article chose not to put them in.

Similarly, maybe he didn't want to say the (ND's) kid's name, because it was a kid. And perhaps he thought mentioning it on the Geno show wouldn't have caused a bigger media to try and figure out who.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I think he said the names. The author of the article chose not to put them in.

Similarly, maybe he didn't want to say the (ND's) kid's name, because it was a kid. And perhaps he thought mentioning it on the Geno show wouldn't have caused a bigger media to try and figure out who.
That is my sense of the situation, too.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
For those just joining us...
You are Here 2.jpg
Tempest Teapot 4.jpg

Reaction Score
I thought Geno and CVS got along fine now? They seem pretty friendly with each other in the handshake line after games.

And Coach Stringer was highly complimentary in praise of Coach Auriemma in her book which came out a couple of years after Strother and Pondexter graduated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom