Poll: Which do you think will be Bouknight's first game back? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Poll: Which do you think will be Bouknight's first game back?

Which do you think will be Bouknight's first game back?

• Seton Hall 2/6

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Providence 2/10

Votes: 36 16.7%
  • Xavier 2/13

Votes: 30 13.9%
  • Providence 2/16

Votes: 56 25.9%
  • Villanova 2/20

Votes: 27 12.5%
  • Georgetown 2/23

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • Marquette 2/27

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Seton Hall 3/3

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Georgetown 3/6

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Big East Tournament

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • NCAAs

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • NBA

Votes: 23 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score

All of these reports of dunking etc and then this video. The optics are going to become more and more terrible for those holding Bouknight out- or if it’s Bouk himself holding out. He is CLEARLY ready to play. Why isn’t he??

the longer he holds out, the uglier it will get for the people holding him out and him, himself. Whether he wants to be playing or not.

time to put the big boy pants on James.

Reaction Score

All of these reports of dunking etc and then this video. The optics are going to become more and more terrible for those holding Bouknight out- or if it’s Bouk himself holding out. He is CLEARLY ready to play. Why isn’t he??

the longer he holds out, the uglier it will get for the people holding him out and him, himself. Whether he wants to be playing or not.

Pretty sure it has already been established that the person holding James out is the surgeon that did his surgery. Not Coach, not his circle, not James, a medical professional whose sole job is to make sure his elbow healed correctly.

Reaction Score

Dude he’ll be back soon. Can we stop with that narrative that he doesn’t want to play or is being told not to for reasons not health related

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score

Didn’t realize an elbow injury prevents you from jumping in place

Reaction Score
Dude he’ll be back soon. Can we stop with that narrative that he doesn’t want to play or is being told not to for reasons not health related
Don’t look at me like I’m the one solely questioning it. This is all the board has talked about for weeks now. I don’t know what to believe.

Reaction Score
Don’t look at me like I’m the one solely questioning it. This is all the board has talked about for weeks now. I don’t know what to believe.

Yeah I see the dilemma: do you believe the kid, the coach, and those around him or a bunch of clown conspiracy theorists on an anonymous message board with way too much time on their hands?

Reaction Score
Changing my vote to Tuesday ?
This could be really huge. After a win like that, Tuesday would be the perfect game to have him back. Team gets a huge season saving win and their lottery pick comes back to help join in the fight.

If he's back Tuesday then the Big East better watch out. And the country will find out all about it in March.

Reaction Score
This could be really huge. After a win like that, Tuesday would be the perfect game to have him back. Team gets a huge season saving win and their lottery pick comes back to help join in the fight.

If he's back Tuesday then the Big East better watch out. And the country will find out all about it in March.
No “if”

Reaction Score
The Mets Seth Lugo to undergo surgery to remove a bone spur on his pitching elbow. He will be out 6 weeks before resuming throwing activities. If that is the case for a MLB pitcher, there is no reason to believe Bouknight won’t be back against Providence after being out 5 weeks with an injury on his non shooting elbow. Time to lace them up. Lets Go Bouk!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
so many lineup options if/when bouk comes back.

base lineup will probably look something like this (with cole/gaff, sanogo/whaley, martin/akok being interchangeable pairs):
cole/bouk/andre/martin/sanogo

experimental lineup where andre runs point:
andre/bouk/martin/akok/sanogo

or if we can go smaller for shooting and really space it out (i like andre as playmaker with cole as more of a true sg here):
andre/cole/bouk/martin/akok

shooting death lineup for polley’s “on” games:
cole/bouk/martin/polley/akok

and a bunch of other permutations that i won’t mention...

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
so many lineup options if/when bouk comes back.

base lineup will probably look something like this (with cole/gaff, sanogo/whaley, martin/akok being interchangeable pairs):
cole/bouk/andre/martin/sanogo

experimental lineup where andre runs point:
andre/bouk/martin/akok/sanogo

or if we can go smaller for shooting and really space it out (i like andre as playmaker with cole as more of a true sg here):
andre/cole/bouk/martin/akok

shooting death lineup for polley’s “on” games:
cole/bouk/martin/polley/akok

and a bunch of other permutations that i won’t mention...
Under the assumption every piece is 100%:

RJ, Bouk, Dre, Martin, Whaley definitely feels like the optimal lineup.
Gaff 10 min a game spelling RJ.
Sanaogo 20+ min at the 5 depending on the matchup., when he’s in Dre is out and Martin flexes to the 3.
Akok takes the polley minutes and polley is only for special situations where we need to kickstart the offense.

2.5 years to phase our senior talent out of the rotation. Harsh but also I think fair.

Reaction Score
@Abe1 took a lot of unnecessary heat from some of you... if Bouk dresses on Tuesday then you owe him an apology. He was being straightforward and many were fueled up on emotion, wishful thinking, and lots of uncertainty.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom