Poll: Which do you think will be Bouknight's first game back? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Poll: Which do you think will be Bouknight's first game back?

Which do you think will be Bouknight's first game back?

• Seton Hall 2/6

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Providence 2/10

Votes: 36 16.7%
  • Xavier 2/13

Votes: 30 13.9%
  • Providence 2/16

Votes: 56 25.9%
  • Villanova 2/20

Votes: 27 12.5%
  • Georgetown 2/23

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • Marquette 2/27

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Seton Hall 3/3

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Georgetown 3/6

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Big East Tournament

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • NCAAs

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • NBA

Votes: 23 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Nova was on pause for that game. It was not postponed because Nova was able to play but the CT DPH said UConn could not play them.

But one of our games was. I am pretty sure it was the prior Xavier game. They had only quarantined for 10 days not 14 and DPH said no.

Reaction Score
Starting guard for the Knicks on opening day for the 2021-22 season.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Aaaand Providence on 2/10 now looking like the winner!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Aaaand Providence on 2/10 now looking like the winner!
Or not...

Suddenly I'm back to liking my Marquette 2/27 prediction.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Or not...

Suddenly I'm back to liking my Marquette 2/27 prediction.

I've still got a chance with the next PC game. I didn't think he'd come back on the road.

Reaction Score
Hopeful for PC next week, very hopeful, but I honestly think it may be Gtown, sadly....I had originally picked PC for yesterday, then we had the setback it seems.

Reaction Score
In light of the DEFCON 1, full meltdown state currently permeating the Boneyard, it might* be calming to note that we are still 2 games away from the date that the plurality of Boneyarders predicted for Bouk's return. Furthermore, we are 4 games away from the end of the 4-6 week post-surgery recovery window. Perhaps* we can temper our despair until then?

*Who am I kidding?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
In light of the DEFCON 1, full meltdown state currently permeating the Boneyard, it might* be calming to note that we are still 2 games away from the date that the plurality of Boneyarders predicted for Bouk's return. Furthermore, we are 4 games away from the end of the 4-6 week post-surgery recovery window. Perhaps* we can temper our despair until then?

*Who am I kidding?

As someone that thinks people are freaking out and speculating about things they shouldn't be speculating about, I will say that we're getting very close to the point that we have to start winning games against good teams or our at-large chances are pretty much toast.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
is that a gut feeling? :)
Nope. It's an extrapolation from @Abe1 saying he doesn't expect him to be cleared until 2/23 at the earliest because that would be six weeks following the surgery. Seeing as 2/23 is a road game at Georgetown, I'm guessing the next game after that.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Nope. It's an extrapolation from @Abe1 saying he doesn't expect him to be cleared until 2/23 at the earliest because that would be six weeks following the surgery. Seeing as 2/23 is a road game at Georgetown, I'm guessing the next game after that.

should stick with your gut. ;-)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
should stick with your gut. ;-)
My initial gut instinct after Hurley's "We'll see him when we see him" and "anyone's guess" comments a few weeks ago was that we night not see him play at UConn again. I don't think that's the case anymore, even if the more rosy expectations created recently turned out to be false, but I do think it's increasingly likely that we will have played ourselves out the NCAAs by the time he returns, so I don't expect it to make much difference in our season.

Reaction Score
As someone that thinks people are freaking out and speculating about things they shouldn't be speculating about, I will say that we're getting very close to the point that we have to start winning games against good teams or our at-large chances are pretty much toast.
I agree- people are speculating on his condition without knowing all the facts. If the team can't win without him then they really don't deserve to be in the tournament discussion

Reaction Score
I agree that our tourney hopes are in grave jeopardy, but I am just pointing out that 4 weeks ago we thought we wouldn't have Bouk for 4 to 6 weeks, and that we might lose a lot of games in that period. Not many people were declaring the season over at that point, whereas now it seems to be the majority opinion.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I agree- people are speculating on his condition without knowing all the facts. If the team can't win without him then they really don't deserve to be in the tournament discussion
What's most interesting to me is that a few weeks ago Hurley seemed to be trying to send the message that the team couldn't wait around for Bouk's return and needed to figure out how to win without him; now he and they appear to be resigned to the expectation that they can't win without him.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I agree that our tourney hopes are in grave jeopardy, but I am just pointing out that 4 weeks ago we thought we wouldn't have Bouk for 4 to 6 weeks, and that we might lose a lot of games in that period. Not many people were declaring the season over at that point, whereas now it seems to be the majority opinion.

Maybe it's because we played some bad teams right after he got hurt, but we looked a lot better 4-6 weeks ago than we do now. We almost beat Creighton in their own building without Bouk, now we can't beat anybody.

Reaction Score
I also posted the 2/23 Gtown game giving the team and Bouk 4 games to mesh before the conference tournament. There's a growing chance we will need to win that tourney to advance.

Reaction Score
I also posted the 2/23 Gtown game giving the team and Bouk 4 games to mesh before the conference tournament. There's a growing chance we will need to win that tourney to advance.
I agree, Gtown is looking like the most likely scenario given how everything has played out. Hopefully we can somehow go 2-1 before then. Normally I’d say 1-2 with our schedule but I think we see an inspired UConn, beat a short handed Xavier, lose a close one to Nova, and beat PC by 8+ and then we are back on the good side of the bubble when Bouk comes back vs Georgetown. If we can finish up 3-1 with Bouk, we are not even on the bubble anymore and squarely in regardless of what happens in the BE tourney.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom