Poll Which #1 Seed has Easiest Route to Final Four | The Boneyard

Poll Which #1 Seed has Easiest Route to Final Four

Which is the Easiest Region

• Total voters

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Which is the Easiest Region for the #1 Seed to reach the Final Four.

I've included the 5 Top Seeds in each Region with the exception that I added Kentucky in the Bridgeport Region because they're a dangerous #6 Seed.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I believe UConn may have the easiest path to the elite 8, but that stops with NCST. That would be a great game, but up until then, I wanted to avoid Iowa, Baylor, and Texas. I was surprised to find Indiana at the 3, so if we play the way we can, UConn should meet NCST in the regional final.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I’d say the easiest route isn’t for a 1 seed. It looks to me as though Baylor has the easiest path. I just don’t see Michigan or Louisville challenging them.

Reaction Score
Wichita and Bridgeport are BRUTAL - especially for the 1 seeds.
Neither SC or Stanford have it easy by any means - I give it to Spokane/Stanford being easiest path but BARELY. I would not say easiest but rather LEAST brutal.

Reaction Score
can assure you if Uconn plays Indiana there won't be anything easy about that game. Will be a rock fight, just ask Caitlin Clark who twice was annoyed by the defenders of Indiana with all the physicality they put on her.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Easiest is probably Greensboro. Iowa and Iowa State do not have the defense nor full arsenal of offensive power to beat SC. Maybe Arizona with their physical style on defense but again, how healthy is Cate Reese and who else can score for the Wildcats?

Spokane is probably next easiest as there is no one until Texas who has superior guard defense to pressurize the weakest aspect of Stanford-guard ball handling. Texas is challenged offensively and may not even make it to the regional final.

NC State is deserving of a #1 and they played a good OOC schedule. However, I have watched them numerous times and do not think they match up well against this version of UConn. We have too much depth with ONO, AE and Dorka. Plus we have more firepower on the bench. I do hope we get to see that Matchup.

Louisville had the better overall resume than Baylor but no one would be surprised if they lost to Gonzaga or Oregon before the regional final. Baylor may have to contend with a good BYU or a rematch with Michigan to face Louisville as well. This is by far the toughest region or #1.

Overall, there are many revenge matchup games that could happen and that is intriguing.

Secondary Question-who is still irked at Charlie Creme now? Seems he got most of it right and did his job-guessing how the committee would behave. Kudos to Charlie.

Reaction Score
Greensboro is the easiest bracket… SC has to keep playing good until they meet Iowa in elite 8… The rest of the regions are brutal esp the Bridgeport with UConn, hoping for another run for the Final Four and NC .. Go Huskies!!!!

Reaction Score
I'd say South Carolina, as it should be since they're #1 overall. Their toughest (possible) matchup will be against Arizona in the Sweet 16, who likely only dropped to #4 with Cate Reese missing some important games down the stretch. Neither Iowa nor Iowa State has the size to contend with South Carolina's front court.

Reaction Score
All regions have their upset potentials.
I think ( in a "I'm glad they are not in our side
of the bracket " sort of way ) that Louisville can
beat Baylor. A very interesting match up is
Iowa and Iowa State. Otherwise, I just want
the BIG EAST to win : DePaul in the " play in " and
DePaul, Villanova, and Creighton in the first round.
Win a few for the BIG EAST CONFERENCE.!!!
Note Seton Hall, Marquette, and Vanderbilt
in the W NIT field. Go Big East, GO Shea Ralph!

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I’d say the easiest route isn’t for a 1 seed. It looks to me as though Baylor has the easiest path. I just don’t see Michigan or Louisville challenging them.
Thinking the same...

Reaction Score
Easiest is probably Greensboro. Iowa and Iowa State do not have the defense nor full arsenal of offensive power to beat SC. Maybe Arizona with their physical style on defense but again, how healthy is Cate Reese and who else can score for the Wildcats?

Spokane is probably next easiest as there is no one until Texas who has superior guard defense to pressurize the weakest aspect of Stanford-guard ball handling. Texas is challenged offensively and may not even make it to the regional final.

NC State is deserving of a #1 and they played a good OOC schedule. However, I have watched them numerous times and do not think they match up well against this version of UConn. We have too much depth with ONO, AE and Dorka. Plus we have more firepower on the bench. I do hope we get to see that Matchup.

Louisville had the better overall resume than Baylor but no one would be surprised if they lost to Gonzaga or Oregon before the regional final. Baylor may have to contend with a good BYU or a rematch with Michigan to face Louisville as well. This is by far the toughest region or #1.

Overall, there are many revenge matchup games that could happen and that is intriguing.

Secondary Question-who is still irked at Charlie Creme now? Seems he got most of it right and did his job-guessing how the committee would behave. Kudos to Charlie.
Filled our my bracket today, to me Texas is the top defense so I picked Texas to win it all. Have UConn in final four losing to Texas.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom