Poll Which #1 Seed has Easiest Route to Final Four | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Poll Which #1 Seed has Easiest Route to Final Four

Which is the Easiest Region

• Total voters

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
can assure you if Uconn plays Indiana there won't be anything easy about that game. Will be a rock fight, just ask Caitlin Clark who twice was annoyed by the defenders of Indiana with all the physicality they put on her.
I said a couple of weeks ago that nobody would be happy being in Indiana's bracket. I'm not crazy about the prospect of UConn having to play them if they're back to full health. Just as with UConn, IU would've been seeded higher had they been healthy all year.

Reaction Score
Every team this year has lost games that, on paper they should have won. This has been such an up and down season. It boils down to who is healthy, playing together, and wants it right now. There are 8 teams that wouldn't shock me to be in the finals. I like our situation a lot right now.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
If #1 South Carolina doesn't have the "easiest" route to the Final Four, then the committee didn't do their job right.

Arizona is not the team they were last season; not even close. Even with Reese, they have struggled in the majority of their games. Would not surprise me if UNC wins in Tucson.

I would love to see Iowa State try to stop Boston on offense on defense. She'd end up with like 40 points and 30 rebounds. :p But, I won't be surprised if DePaul or Georgia take out the Cyclones in the round of 32.

While Iowa is on a good winning streak, they don't have enough talent to keep up with SC.

And, in front of a partisan Gamecock crowd, it will be way too tough for anyone in this region to keep SC out of the Final Four.

Reaction Score
Filled our my bracket today, to me Texas is the top defense so I picked Texas to win it all. Have UConn in final four losing to Texas.
Texas is not the top defense. SC ranks #1 in fg percentage and #3 in scoring defense. Texas ranks #114 and #47.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As we have seen parody has come to wcbb. The top 4 in each region are very good.

I don't see any easy path. The four teams that make it to the Final Four will have earned it.
Luv your use of the word 'parody' rather than 'parity' .. a clever play on words that rings true! haha

Reaction Score
As we have seen parody has come to wcbb. The top 4 in each region are very good.

I don't see any easy path. The four teams that make it to the Final Four will have earned it.
Actually, “parody” is at ESPN.:rolleyes: I’m unsure if parity has fully arrived yet in WCBB. My initial thought would be, not yet.

Reaction Score
Stanford has a wide open four lane highway to the final four. Bridgeport is the most difficult region because it has two number one seeds and a streaking/peaking six seed that has proven it is capable of taking down the overall number one seed. Bridgeport also has UCF. It is unlikely that UCF will challenge for a spot in the final four, they are a team that (using the politically correct term) is highly aggressive and capable of softening up an opponent that moves on to the next round.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
SC has the toughest 4/5, but the easiest 2/3 combo. Iowa doesn't match up well vs Baylor. They would've had a much better shot to pull an upset IMO in any other region. Arizona could be a tough draw for SC if Reese is healthy and they're hitting shots. Neither SC nor Arizona is particularly strong offensively.

NC State has the easiest 4/5 IMO but the toughest 2 situation since it's a road game at UCONN. I dont see anyway it isn't a tight game should they meet, although UCONN probably has their hands full with Indiana (if they can get past Kentucky).

Stanford and Louisville have tough 2s too. Vic Schaefer's teams never look super imposing on paper but in these types of games where they'd be a massive underdog, they're usually either blown out (2016 UCONN, 2021 SC) or pull out an eeker (2017 UCONN, 2021 Maryland). Vic has pulled off so many big upsets, I wouldn't want him in my region if I'm a 1. That said, Stanford having lost to Texas this year I think helps the Card in that they'll play with extra motivation and know what to expect. Plus Tara is maybe the best game planner in the country, so you know Stanford will be ready.

Louisville vs Baylor is tough for Louisville with Nalyssa Smith playing lights out. In battles of well matches teams, usually the team with a great go to player wins down the stretch. Baylor has to get by Michigan though, and if Michigan wins (which wouldn't surprise me in the least bit), I think Louisville has the edge in that matchup.

Reaction Score
Texas is not the top defense. SC ranks #1 in fg percentage and #3 in scoring defense. Texas ranks #114 and #47.
Watch the games, I did and I think today’s Texas team figured out they could not out score elite offenses, Baylor, Iowa, UConn, etc, so they turned to defense. Texas high scorer, Matharu, does not even start, and they press like no other team I have watched this season. SC has an excellent defense but they are very susceptible to 3 point shooting, the difference between the two defenses is one is very physical, the other is very quick and applies pressure throughout the entire game. Texas is a nightmare defensively and their post players are finally coming together. I turned in another bracket, this time I selected all favorites to start and changed select games to teams I wanted to win, UConn is my NC on that bracket.

Reaction Score
Watch the games, I did and I think today’s Texas team figured out they could not out score elite offenses, Baylor, Iowa, UConn, etc, so they turned to defense. Texas high scorer, Matharu, does not even start, and they press like no other team I have watched this season. SC has an excellent defense but they are very susceptible to 3 point shooting, the difference between the two defenses is one is very physical, the other is very quick and applies pressure throughout the entire game. Texas is a nightmare defensively and their post players are finally coming together. I turned in another bracket, this time I selected all favorites to start and changed select games to teams I wanted to win, UConn is my NC on that bracket.
You seen a few of SC games and determine that they are susceptible to the 3? SC is 22nd in the nation and 2nd among power 5 schools in 3 point defense. Texas is ranked 59th. I do agree Texas is playing better now than earlier this year. Vic's team foundation has always been a strong defense. I am not questioning who you believe will win the national championship because that is your opinion. I am just questioning the fact you think "Texas has the top defense", when most of the metrics show otherwise.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You seen a few of SC games and determine that they are susceptible to the 3? SC is 22nd in the nation and 2nd among power 5 schools in 3 point defense. Texas is ranked 59th. I do agree Texas is playing better now than earlier this year. Vic's team foundation has always been a strong defense. I am not questioning who you believe will win the national championship because that is your opinion. I am just questioning the fact you think "Texas has the top defense", when most of the metrics show otherwise.
Remember, math does not lie but interpreting stats is not science and based upon games that I have witnessed SC play it appears to me SC players have problems with hot shooting team, both of the losses came against inferior, IMO, teams who shot way above their average in thise games. But if you watch those games SC had difficulty covering quick guards in fast paced games. No doubt in my mind that SC is the most physical team in WBB and in both the brackets I have completed today, SC is in the final. In the bracket where I choose the team I expected to win SC loses to Texas (my rationale is Texas is just a bad match up for SC) and in the bracket where I pick the team I want to win SC loses to UConn (UConn is my favorite whenever MSST is not involved). I realize this year there are a number of teams that could win NC so my final four for both my brackets could be 100% wrong but I really hope my UConn bracket is the one that is correct!

Reaction Score
can assure you if Uconn plays Indiana there won't be anything easy about that game. Will be a rock fight, just ask Caitlin Clark who twice was annoyed by the defenders of Indiana with all the physicality they put on her.
Agreed, jchuskie, regarding Indiana, you'll get physicality and the Hoosiers are quite adept at flopping...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm thinking that PARODY has come to the boneyard. Parity maybe to women's college basketball - though I'm not sure.

giphy.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom