POLL: what WCBB player (not a Husky) did you most love to hate? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

POLL: what WCBB player (not a Husky) did you most love to hate?

Who in WCBB did you most love to hate?

• Chamique Holdsclaw

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Kara Lawson

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Brittney Griner

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Ruth Riley

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Skylar Diggins

Votes: 44 48.4%
  • Candace Parker

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • Other

Votes: 11 12.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Having read this board for almost 12 years, it is amazing how people's most hated players change over time.

Between 2002 and 2004, Alana Beard was on quite a few lists among the Boneyard faithful. Not necessarily because of her on-court antics (though her "dynasty" comment was a lapse in judgment), but more for the comparisons to Diana Taurasi and the competition for awards, media attention, etc. But I do not know if many people still feel the same way.

As I recall, Matee Ajavon was on most people's lists (and, if I were a UConn grad, she would STILL be on my list for her comments back in 2005/2006).

Skylar Diggins is a recent addition to many people's lists.

I do not recall Kara Lawson being amongst the most hated on this board, even when she was at Tennessee. I think most people were just sick of hearing the announcers constantly remind us that she played Pee Wee football and that her father wanted her to go to Stanford.

Candace Parker was on a lot of people's lists, especially after the game in Hartford (or was it Storrs?) when she dunked.

Semeka Randall was definitely on most people's lists, from what I remember. In fact, when I first started posting on the Boneyard in 2002, I seem to recall that she was not just the most hated Tennessee player, but THE most hated player amongst the Boneyard faithful.

And who was the most hated coach? For a time, it was Gail Goestenkors. Then it was C. Vivian Stringer. Then it was Pat Summitt. Now? I cannot think of anyone being the "most hated" - maybe Muffet?

Reaction Score
Of those listed I'd have to go with Holdsclaw. (see Wally East). At the time Boo Randall was a great enemy here on this board. Heck UCONN gave her the nickname Boo (for her run in, roll around, with Sveta). But over time she became one of my favorites the way she embraced the name and the way she always played 100%.

The one I probably hated most was Snow. Still don't like her.
I put Randall third on my list but to be honest she grew on me as well for the reasons you cite

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The OP is "love to hate" which is to me much different from players you simply despise for whatever the issues you perceive. Skyler would be on my list, but after Epiphany because of the Maya incident.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
While Candace and Kara L were not my favorites when they played against UConn, I had to respect their skills and leadership. Kara, particularly, has gone on to a stellar career both in basketball and on ESPN. She is a class act.

Skylar, on the other hand, is definitely on my short list of badly behaved competitors. When she was handing out her headbands and ND t-shirts on OUR court last January (2013) after ND beat us, I thought that was bush league.

And Mattee Ajavon is right after her....remember her bad behavior leaving the court after her last Big East Tournament game against UConn? A brat.

Skylar was on at halftime of the Tenn-Clemson game interviewing Doug McDermott and his Dad. She played him in a game of P-I-G and almost beat him. That's only the second time I've seen her doing that sort of thing since her season ended.

Reaction Score
Hey, I got a courtside seat to the Rutgers-UCF game on the 15th! It's gonna be great!
Good for you!! I wish I could make it as this looks like the beginning of a nice run for RU's WBB and after the way things have been going on the FB team I need something to look forward too.A win Saturday should push us into the rankings?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Holdsclaw wasn't humble. She was an arrogant jerk. A very talented one, but one none the less.

Interesting. I watched her pretty closely throughout her entire college career and I don't recall her as being arrogant or trash talking. What did you see that formed this opinion of her?

blaqtech

Longtime Louisville Lover
Reaction Score
Candice Wiggins. Stopped our 2007-2008 team from playing Tennessee. Also our 2004-2005 team.
Candace Parker...I'm just not a fan of her. Talented, but I don't like her.
Ruth Riley......too much hype...UCONN played itself out of the 2000-2001 Final Four. Very poor second half.
Notre Dame Teams and referees 2010 -2013....FLOP, FLOP, FLOP..FOUL, FOUL, FOUL !!!

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Kara Lawson got some folks riled up when, as a freshman, she got terribly excited about beating UConn at Storrs. But, when she was a senior, she really earned my respect. I kept a close eye on the Tenn games that year, and, I can't tell you how many times she pulled her team through late in the game, when things were tight. She's not the most elegant of players, but, boy, as a senior, she did exactly what any coach would hope, expect, and dream that a senior leader would do - she pulled her younger teammates to victory.

Kara used to annoy the pi$$ out of me. Since she came to the Sun, I have really come to appreciate the joy, energy and intensity she brings. Her fitness and nutrition regimens bespeak her professionalism and commitment. Had a couple good years despite being out-sized and out-quicked most nights.

Funny, DT now annoys me on many occasions with her swaggering and mouthing off to refs and players. Awesome talent, intense competitor.... its all about the laundry I guess.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Interesting. I watched her pretty closely throughout her entire college career and I don't recall her as being arrogant or trash talking. What did you see that formed this opinion of her?
This
wally east said:
I remember. I also remember when she had the ball out on the wing, holding it, while being guarded by a Boston College defender. She held the ball in one hand, swung it around a bit, and then, intentionally, bopped the defender on the head with it. I swear I am not making this up.

Reaction Score
I don't really hate anyone, but Skylar Diggins always seems to annoy me. She just has this air about her that I don't like.

Reaction Score
What got me irked was Parker's smarmy smile after some showboating play or other.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I decided I hate this thread. Bunch of adults throwing insults at people they've never met.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom