POLL: what WCBB player (not a Husky) did you most love to hate? | The Boneyard

POLL: what WCBB player (not a Husky) did you most love to hate?

Who in WCBB did you most love to hate?

• Chamique Holdsclaw

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Kara Lawson

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Brittney Griner

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Ruth Riley

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Skylar Diggins

Votes: 44 48.4%
  • Candace Parker

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • Other

Votes: 11 12.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
This should be fun. Take a walk down memory lane and discuss who you most loved to hate, whose misfortune made you the happiest, who seemed to be a thorn in your side. Have you ever forgiven Chamique for the 1997 regional finals or the 1996 national semis? Do you still delight in Skylar Diggins's still-TBD progress as a WNBA player? Does anyone anger you more than the thought of Candace Parker? Is there another LV I couldn't make a selectable option (and if you're thinking Tamika Catchings, what on earth is wrong with you anyway?)? So, talk about the painful losses and the most annoying displays of attitude that earned a young woman the title of "WCBB player you most loved to hate"!

Reaction Score
Voted for Skylar, freshest in my most disliked. But "traveling" Ruth Riley is right up there.

Reaction Score
Skylar. The tight lipped strut down court after making a spectacular play always activated my spleen. Also, the jump into the defender combined with a flop and incredulous facial expression intended to elicit a foul call.

Reaction Score
Never hated Griner or Riley. And definitely disliked Holdsclaw and Parker - no love about it.

Reaction Score
Tasha Pointer from RU was not one of my favorites. Her RU team was a little chippy.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Riley. She walked constantly and the refs just looked the other way. It was ridiculous.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Hate? No, that's a little over the top for me. Dislike her game? Griner and Diggans in equal measure. Though upon learning more of Griner's story, I'm a little more sympathetic...just a little though.

Reaction Score
Griner, Diggins and Randall in that order.

There was also a guard for TN back in the day. Maybe around 2004/5/6? I don't know why she got under my skin. Really pretty young woman, white, first name might have been Britney? Don't think she ever started. Primarily shot threes. I think she torched us once and she really irritated me after that.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Agree. Hate is a strong word.

DISLIKE---for me it was Holdsclaw. I don't know if anyone remembers but her freshman/sophomore season she was rude and taunting to opposing team players. She used to get in players faces all the time. She is the reason I don't like Tennessee. I will look for some youtube videos.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Tasha Pointer from RU was not one of my favorites. Her RU team was a little chippy.
I must say, an odd choice. Tasha was one of the most intelligent players ever at Rutgers, or so one of her professors said. Graduated early and went on to get her masters. Has had a career as an Assistant Coach at several schools, currently at RU.

And while she played with 'tude there were a number of other players from her seasons that seemed much more likely to generate dislike.

As to the person who chose Prince, I'll say this - the backlash changed her. She was the one who went against Vivian's play all 40 about taking unnecessary shots during unexpired shot clocks at the end of the game - and during her era, we stopped doing it. I believe her comment in an interview that she just didn't understand their would be a backlash - even the other team players were egging her on to score so many points. Which is probably true, until they realized that she made them into horse's butts. But she learned the hard way.

Reaction Score
Oooh, yes to "Boo" Randall! And definitely Epiphanny. Cappie, too . . hmmm. What did two of them have in common?

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I voted for Skylar but Jeanette Pohlen would be right up at the top.

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
What about Sammy Prahalis?

I can't dislike Sammy that much because Ohio State never even came close to beating UCONN. Actually feel a little sad for her - Her ego WAAAY exceeded her skill level.

Reaction Score
There was also a guard for TN back in the day. Maybe around 2004/5/6? I don't know why she got under my skin. Really pretty young woman, white, first name might have been Britney? Don't think she ever started. Primarily shot threes. I think she torched us once and she really irritated me after that.
Brittany Jackson was her name. Class of 05. Just really irked me for some reason.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Kara Lawson got some folks riled up when, as a freshman, she got terribly excited about beating UConn at Storrs. But, when she was a senior, she really earned my respect. I kept a close eye on the Tenn games that year, and, I can't tell you how many times she pulled her team through late in the game, when things were tight. She's not the most elegant of players, but, boy, as a senior, she did exactly what any coach would hope, expect, and dream that a senior leader would do - she pulled her younger teammates to victory.

Reaction Score
Hate, NO but disliked Candice Parker because she dunked on us, on our court and got too much enjoyment from it!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The Skylar Diggins hangover yet endures, apparently. WNBA season should be fun. From all threads last season, ESPN would've said the "Three to See" campaign worked. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom