Poll on OC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Poll on OC

Does Charlton need to go?

• Yes, immediately. It’s time to make a statement.

Votes: 75 41.9%
  • Maybe, but he should be given the season to keep his job

Votes: 97 54.2%
  • No, he’s doing fine.

Votes: 7 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
How many here have the patience to see more from Charlton?
I for one. It is simply a knee jerk reaction to fire the the OC and by the way assistant head coach two weeks in. Should we be talking fire Mora???? He hired him. ;)
Nobody likes what we are seeing but this is simply (no attack just conversation) a silly thread.
Their QB ran for 142 yds and passed for 144. Should the D Coach be called out for removal? We all know who that is, along with many a word on how this team is much improved over last years. That was a 3 point ball game we lost by 21. Offense entertains, defense wins games. JMHO, nobody to be fired this soon. But...... But..... But..... Another disappointment after buying into the hype. :( :mad::confused:

Reaction Score
Honestly, I'm PO'd like everybody else, but, realistically, this is only week 2....as awful as we looked, gotta take a step back and see how things pan out.
This team must become a resilient football team. Fight thru this mess...
Face it, we gotta ride with them. I'm riding with them...let's go Huskies! (You're better than what you've shown so far... and you know it!)

Reaction Score
about 90 people disagree with the fragile sensibilities expressed by a few. It’s a board for expression not suppression.
O.K. So can I express rather than repress? I think it’s a stupid poll to put up and a stupid question to ask at this time. It’s not a stupid question at the end of a season. It’s a really stupid question after game 2.

Reaction Score
O.K. So can I express rather than repress? I think it’s a stupid poll to put up and a stupid question to ask at this time. It’s not a stupid question at the end of a season. It’s a really stupid question after game 2.
By response, a majority disagree and find it quite timely. It’s also not game 2. It’s game 15, and it’s an O production outage. Time is of the essence.

Reaction Score
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the one voter who voted that he's doing fine is the same guy that kept Derek Jeter from being a unanimous Hall of Famer.

Reaction Score
Charlton needs to change his status to “looking for new opportunities” when the season is over.

Reaction Score
Last year the excuses was we didn’t have a back up quarterback and we with a true frosh. Not sure either one is the case this year.

FWIW, I don’t really have a big issue with the gadget plays. Those work because they are not expected. And when they don’t they look AWFUL. Nature of the beast. If you run them when everyone in the building expects it, it is also a disaster. Remember Diaco’s fake field goal against Missouri?

Reaction Score
Firing an OC without a plan to have a better OC in place immediately is a pretty dumb plan.
But that wasn’t an option in the survey. Of course having a better candidate lined up or some semblance of a plan B would be helpful.

Reaction Score
I think a lot of fans are not giving him chance… I think he’s going to be find…and we are lucky to have him

Reaction Score
I think a lot of fans are not giving him chance… I think he’s going to be find…and we are lucky to have him
He was worse in week 2 ! No need to let the suffering continue as in the past. This program can't afford another bad year. We can't afford it. We need to make changes as soon as possible. Let's build on a good last year . Stop giving bad coaches another year !!!

Reaction Score
totally kidding here-

but for the sake of a good laugh, it would be great if a clever troll in the student section made a poster of this with OC's face on it, lol.

Attachments

• 1694549984581.png
    1694549984581.png
    313.1 KB · Views: 62
Reaction Score
Last year he did a great job for what he had..a freshman quarterback and injuries to our wide receivers and running backs…the year before when Edsell was our coach… we had the worst team in the country…so it was a big improvement… you can’t base his coaching job on two games this year

Reaction Score
I think it would be Mora's decision, Not Benedict's. The Vanilla Offense has been brutal.
While, I do think we need to change things up, I'm not on board to fire a guy in September (except Mel Tucker).
i Believe Marinelli's only play calling was in the FCIAC.

Reaction Score
Last year he did a great job for what he had..a freshman quarterback and injuries to our wide receivers and running backs…the year before when Edsell was our coach… we had the worst team in the country…so it was a big improvement… you can’t base his coaching job on two games this year
One thing he had last year was a freshman quarterback who could run the ball, and receivers who could catch the few passes he made. Trying to force feed the philosophy of a stationary pocket style quarterback on this years team has been a disaster so far.

Reaction Score
Even if Roberson makes him look like things are improving I've seen enough. He has not gotten the most out of his personnel and has failed to even look competent against similar or lesser competition. Even last year some high effort big runs were the difference in games. That wasn't gameplan or adjustments. It was the players. This year has so far been 2 steps back. Even if you want to blame a personnel decision it was his decision. He owns these numbers are they aren't good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom