Poll on Edsall's future at UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Poll on Edsall's future at UConn

If Edsall wins 3 games or less next year should he be fired after year 3?

• Yes.

Votes: 72 32.9%
  • No; he should get a minimum of 4 full years.

Votes: 91 41.6%
  • No; he should not be fired before the end of his contract.

Votes: 19 8.7%
  • No; he should be fired now.

Votes: 37 16.9%

• Total voters

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I think we need another poll. "Will you renew/buy season tickets next year?" The results of that one will no doubt be overwhelmingly negative and could drive a decision, one way or the other, to the coaching staff. Same ol' same ol' in 2019 is not acceptable. Not after this year. And if UConn gets an idea that they are losing customers, then a change has to be made.

I'm on the fence. I don't enjoy going anymore. Will probably get them and attend if there is something worth the time.

DAC17

Once upon a time, would never miss a game
Reaction Score
I think we need another poll. "Will you renew/buy season tickets next year?" The results of that one will no doubt be overwhelmingly negative and could drive a decision, one way or the other, to the coaching staff. Same ol' same ol' in 2019 is not acceptable. Not after this year. And if UConn gets an idea that they are losing customers, then a change has to be made.

And the perceived drop-off in season ticket sales was a big factor in Di-saster's firing. I can't imagine what the school will have to do next year to get fans in the seats. Whatever it is, it is going to increase the football deficit by a long shot.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Unless AD Dave goes, which is entirely possible, Edsall will have four years. I don’t think Edsall is doing a job, but he also has a God awful roster that had basically no seniors this year and will have similar numbers next year. Let him build a roster and see how it goes. I predict that we’ll still suck, but such is life

Reaction Score
By choice, Phil, not by circumstance.

It’s a combination... the beat guys (Fuller, Anthony, Putterman) have done multiple deep dives on why the roster is the way it is over the last two years. They are out there for research if you chose to go find them. Its more previous regime recruiting/retention issues than Edsall’s choices of who plays and who doesn’t but that doesn’t absolve him of some of the personnel choices he made this year to get experience for freshman over possibly equal talent upperclassmen.

Reaction Score
I suppose it depends on the circumstances. I don’t see a change occurring - however, if Addazio became available...considering the ties to the area.
You are living in a dream world. He has elevated BC back to where they were, his job is not in jeopardy, he is coaching in a P5 Conference. Why would he possibly leave BC for UConn? Also if you are considering ties to the area, both former BC AD and ESPN have local ties. Exactly how have they helped UConn?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You are living in a dream world. He has elevated BC back to where they were, his job is not in jeopardy, he is coaching in a P5 Conference. Why would he possibly leave BC for UConn? Also if you are considering ties to the area, both former BC AD and ESPN have local ties. Exactly how have they helped UConn?

I’m not creating the chatter - clearly voices at BC are doing so. I didn’t say he would leave for UConn, but rather we could do well by having those leftovers. I would gladly take regular 7 win seasons - although that would translate higher in the AAC. But thanks for the dreamworld comment - pretty much sums up the expectations at BC considering these discussions...

32464A88-4FA9-4246-9FBB-12029617F15C.jpeg

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I’m not creating the chatter - clearly voices at BC are doing so. I didn’t say he would leave for UConn, but rather we could do well by having those leftovers. I would gladly take regular 7 win seasons - although that would translate higher in the AAC. But thanks for the dreamworld comment - pretty much sums up the expectations at BC considering these discussions...

View attachment 36729

I'd definitely take Larry Fedora or Adazio. Adazio's offenses are always God awful and his playcalling sucks, but I think he's a better coach than Randy. I'm not a big fan of Kingsbury at all and he'd never come here anyways

Reaction Score
go after the hawaii HC!
I saw them live against SDSU. they are FUN to watch.

Reaction Score
go after the hawaii HC!
I saw them live against SDSU. they are FUN to watch.
;) Yup, like the Hawaii head coach is REALLY going to leave paradise for Storrs? sdsualum that makes NO sense, in any way shape or form. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Although not stated, you insinuated that Adazzio would come to UConn. I stated that given the job he has done there, he would go upward to an even better football program rather than come to UConn, start all over in a G5 school where the football program has been decimated.

Reaction Score
If AD Dave was serious about the football program he would make a change now.
What's the point of HCRE putting up (maybe) a 2 win season in 2019.

This program needs a fresh perspective.
The dwindling fan base needs to be energized.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I'm on the fence. I don't enjoy going anymore. Will probably get them and attend if there is something worth the time.
I still enjoy tailgating and it's only 6 times during the fall. At this point though, I don't fight leaving at halftime. Ever the sports optimist, I will probably re-up next year.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If AD Dave was serious about the football program he would make a change now.
What's the point of HCRE putting up (maybe) a 2 win season in 2019.

This program needs a fresh perspective.
After only 3 years with Pas... and 3 with Diaco, this program and the players in it are in dire need of continuity. I really hope that 2 wins is not the expectation.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Let's not forget, the dwindling fan base was energized when 2.0 was announced. We need production out of the position not just cheap heat.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I do.

Wagner - W
Illinois - W
East Carolina - W
not for nothing, but ECU's true freshman QB looked pretty good (or he did against us anyway lol). Illinois will simply have better athletes from the B1G, so I don't see it to be honest lol

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
not for nothing, but ECU's true freshman QB looked pretty good (or he did against us anyway lol). Illinois will simply have better athletes from the B1G, so I don't see it to be honest lol

Rhode Island had better athletes than us this year. That WR was the best player on the field by far.

Better athletes dont always mean wins.

We can review this time next year.

I remember when ND, Baylor, iowa st and others had better athletes than us.

Reaction Score
You should post another poll and make it two wins or less. Then I think you would get near unanimity, At three wins we appear nearly evenly split between stay or go, at least in the early voting. But two wins (which is entirely possible) should be grounds for immediate dismissal with someone on the current staff named as successor.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
You should post another poll and make it two wins or less. Then I think you would get near unanimity, At three wins we appear nearly evenly split between stay or go, at least in the early voting. But two wins (which is entirely possible) should be grounds for immediate dismissal with someone on the current staff named as successor.
Instead of another poll let's me and you wager on next years success/failures. We can root for what we are each hoping for.

I'll put up my Boneyard access against yours.

If Uconn FB wins 2 games or less in 2019 I will have Temery remove my BY access for life.

Uconn FB wins 3 or more games Temery will remove your your BY access for life.

Will you accept my wager?

Reaction Score
Instead of another poll let's me and you wager on next years success/failures. We can root for what we are each hoping for.

I'll put up my Boneyard access against yours.

If Uconn FB wins 2 games or less in 2019 I will have Temery remove my BY access for life.

Uconn FB wins 3 or more games Temery will remove your your BY access for life.

Will you accept my wager?
Say what???? Then I guess that you are in the nearly unanimous group that thinks 2 wins or less would be grounds for immediate firing? I am just at a complete loss for where you are coming from. Please elaborate.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Say what???? Then I guess that you are in the nearly unanimous group that thinks 2 wins or less would be grounds for immediate firing? I am just at a complete loss for where you are coming from. Please elaborate.
I chose what the majority chose, he should get 4 as the program needs continuity more than ever.

Anymore elaboration needed?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom