Poll on conference membership | The Boneyard

Poll on conference membership

Yay or nay on new Big East?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I don't want to skim through everyone's rationalizations in other threads. This move will likely have a short term positive impact on the men's basketball team, while trashing the rest of the athletic department over time.

Reaction Score
It's obvious that many basketball fans are not too bright from a developmental point of view. Waaaaa, we wanna play Catholic schools we used to play!

We share more similarities with Temple than Villanova.

Reaction Score
It's fine. I'm happy with independent football. What better way to improve than spend a few years crushing New England rivals on our way back up

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The American was always a bad fit for us and its clear Aresco was, perhaps reasonably, doing what was right for the rest of the conference rather than what was best for us.

I vote yes but it i too soon to say whether this is a good thing or not until we see how the pieces fall. SNY side deal? Fox broadcast games? Football scheduling alliances?

Stay tuned...

Reaction Score
The problem is the American is a bad conference for our basketball programs and the New Big East will be bad for our football program. But nobody else would take our football program. It was an anchor. So we are better off in the NBE. Time for football to sink or swim.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I feel bad for the football side of this but that has been going nowhere. This is our ticket back to national prominence. We are hoop folk over here and I for one want to get back to where we were.

Reaction Score
Yay.

Familiar foes in Gampel and XL again
MSG in March
20 conference games
Big 12 Challenge
Big 10 Challenge (Gavitt Games)
Dan Hurley and staff recruiting to the Big East
No more 9pm game times in Texas or Oklahoma
Gus Johnson and Raff (FS1 isn't really that bad)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's small time thinking but it's what the UConn fans desire. I have little doubt more fans will go to BE basketball games than the did for AAC games.

Big fish in a small bowl. It matches much of the New England mindset.

UConn fans never embraced AAC as a conference.

As a few others said AAC with USF, UCF, Cincy, Temple, Houston, SMU, Wichita St, Navy was palatable.

The three of ECU, Tulsa and Tulane was something UConn fans never could get over (Not faulting them for it either).

I really would like to see what happens with football. There is a hard line nationally for schools who do support football and those who don't. I'd prefer UConn be on the side of those who support football.

Reaction Score
It's obvious that many basketball fans are not too bright from a developmental point of view. Waaaaa, we wanna play Catholic schools we used to play!

We share more similarities with Temple than Villanova.

Sorry, running back to the big East doesn't sit well with me.
Unless the costs and logistics of competing in the AAC have become prohibitive, this doesn't make any sense.

Reaction Score
It's small time thinking but it's what the UConn fans desire. I have little doubt more fans will go to BE basketball games than the did for AAC games.

Big fish in a small bowl. It matches much of the New England mindset.

UConn fans never embraced AAC as a conference.

As a few others said AAC with USF, UCF, Cincy, Temple, Houston, SMU, Wichita St, Navy was palatable.

The three of ECU, Tulsa and Tulane was something UConn fans never could get over (Not faulting them for it either).

I really would like to see what happens with football. There is a hard line nationally for schools who do support football and those who don't. I'd prefer UConn be on the side of those who support football.
More than palatable. Giving up any chance of a P5 Invite so basketball can play who, nova?
Who gives a about providence, gtown, Seton hall and the rest

Reaction Score
Unless the costs and logistics of competing in the AAC have become prohibitive, this doesn't make any sense.
It's not even running back to. It's running to some new Catholic conference started in 2013.

This is unbelievably stupid.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
The athletic department lost $40 million last year, the football program has flatlined (with zero signs of recovery) since 2013, and it’s been dragging down both basketball programs as well.

The “AAC until the next big CR” plan was making us LESS desirable, not more. The big hope now is that over the next 5 years both hoops programs become what they were at the start of the decade, both soccer programs recover, hockey and baseball continue to rise... and football stops being a complete embarrassment.

Whether that’s in the C-USA, MAC or Indy, most UConn fans won’t care. As long as the hoops programs stop slowly dying (and yes, Geno’s group is on a slow downward trajectory that’s not helped by the AAC), this move is the right one.

Reaction Score
I’m waiting for word on football. I was told SNY would support us if went Indy. I also think we may have some scheduling help coming our way. This isn’t a decision UConn makes if it doesn’t make people happy and increase revenue. I think we’ll find this was a smart move.

Reaction Score
The athletic department lost $40 million last year, the football program has flatlined (with zero signs of recovery) since 2013, and it’s been dragging down both basketball programs as well.

The “AAC until the next big CR” plan was making us LESS desirable, not more. The big hope now is that over the next 5 years both hoops programs become what they were at the start of the decade, both soccer programs recover, hockey and baseball continue to rise... and football stops being a complete embarrassment.

Whether that’s in the C-USA, MAC or Indy, most UConn fans won’t care. As long as the hoops programs stop slowly dying (and yes, Geno’s group is on a slow downward trajectory that’s not helped by the AAC), this move is the right one.

Ok, let's see what they do with football. Not buying the conference as an excuse. They have been under leadership for several years, led by Herbst. Far more of an issue than the conference, where others have been successful.

Reaction Score
I’m waiting for word on football. I was told SNY would support us if went Indy. I also think we may have some scheduling help coming our way. This isn’t a decision UConn makes if it doesn’t make people happy and increase revenue. I think we’ll find this was a smart move.
We are going to need a lot of help behind closed doors.

If we have that, we might get lucky.

Reaction Score
We are going to need a lot of help behind closed doors.

If we have that, we might get lucky.
A lot of help indeed. But endgame still has to be football improvement so it becomes less of a detriment when next round of conference realignment occurs.

Being stuck in the NBE, long term, sucks

Reaction Score
Can we get Pope Francis to be the commissioner? It's all grand with the Catholic schools.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Can we get Pope Francis to be the commissioner? It's all grand with the Catholic schools.
@cheif00 can be our schools religious figure head.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom