Poll: Nervous or not for tonight's game? | The Boneyard

Poll: Nervous or not for tonight's game?

Are you nervous or not for tonight's game?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
We were talking about rituals before UCONN games, was wondering if people are nervous, or completely calm, before the big game?

Reaction Score
First and foremost ..I'm just excited to see them play again . I saw how great we were with 'the seven' ... just the addition of KML and Morgan makes us scary good. Hope the first half is close to make it interesting ... and then they just take care of business. KML going 5 for 5 on three point shots would be quite reassuring about her comeback . Enjoy !!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not worried, although I'm pretty much the anti-Tony. I figure we'll win, but if we don't it's only a meaningless midseason game, after 12 days off, with two players working their way back into the rotation. Not a big deal.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Not worried, although I'm pretty much the anti-Tony. I figure we'll win, but if we don't it's only a meaningless midseason game, after 12 days off, with two players working their way back into the rotation. Not a big deal.

WHAT? NOT A BIG DEAL?! Just wait until you read this board, if that should happen.
I've heard enough of the "It's only December" rationalizations. Just win, baby!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Interesting results. I'm mildly surprised that it's almost even between the 3 choices across the board...

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I cant see how UConn can lose. Duke gives up a lot of points and UConn doesn't. UConn has a height advantage and with Breanna playing up top it will be very hard for Duke to get an uncontested shot inside 15 ft. With Stef and/or Kiah underneath and Breanna playing up top it will be very hard for Duke to get the ball inside. Willams is foul prone. Liston is a great shooter however slow. UConn will lock her up like they did Maggie (Penn St). This game will come down to defense and UConn is much better and more reliable on defense then Duke. It aint even close. Im not worried at all. I do expect Duke to try and run because in a patient half court offense they will not fair well against UConn. UConn by 20+ and it could get ugly if UConn starts draining treys.

HGN

Reaction Score
TonyC , UConn can lose. And I took the poll and voted Yes -Nervous. Duke should be UP for this game. They have lost to UConn 6 straight times and this game is in their backyard ; They are ranked No.2 in the country ; and are Undefeated as well. I am not taking it for granted that UConn is going to win. I am praying for Victory , but who knows in a game of this magnitude.......Who would have thought that ND would have beaten UConn 3 straight last year....... NOBODY. So this game is not in the bag.

So I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed and hoping for VICTORY. And I will be Nervous every minute of the way.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
TonyC , UConn can lose. And I took the poll and voted Yes -Nervous. Duke should be UP for this game. They have lost to UConn 6 straight times and this game is in their backyard ; They are ranked No.2 in the country ; and are Undefeated as well. I am not taking it for granted that UConn is going to win. I am praying for Victory , but who knows in a game of this magnitude.......Who would have thought that ND would have beaten UConn 3 straight last year....... NOBODY. So this game is not in the bag.

So I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed and hoping for VICTORY. And I will be Nervous every minute of the way.
Yes UConn can lose but they wont. Im very confident and Im not nervous at all. We are just to good in so many ways and Duke has to many IF's. I will be very surprised if this game is within double digits.

Reaction Score
Yes, I'm for UConn winning, but please, no new injuries for either team. Interesting to see if KML has her tactility fully returned to her injured arm? Pray !

Reaction Score
I've been nervous for every big game since the 1990's so that ain't gonna change for this one, but that's not necessarily the same as being scared to death. I think a little nervousness inside is a requisite for players too, just as all great actors and actresses admit to some stage fright before performing. It actually helps them to give their best when things get moving.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
excited... I enjoy good games, win or lose!

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I am so excited because we are going to a restaurant where there is a TV in the room, and so I can watch. ESPN2 is televised, right?

Reaction Score
It has nothing to do with optimism. Glenn Hall, one of the greatest goalies ever, threw up before every game he played. Nothing to do with optimism, more to do with personality.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
WHAT? NOT A BIG DEAL?! Just wait until you read this board, if that should happen.
I've heard enough of the "It's only December" rationalizations. Just win, baby!
Hey, rationalizations are more important than sex.
Nothing is more important than sex.
Oh yea, have you ever gone a week without a rationalization?

Reaction Score
I agree completely. This is a much bigger game for them than it is for us. Personally, I hope they make a great game of it. I think we all know that when March rolls around and when in a neutral environment, and assuming no further injuries, we will dominate against them. Undefeated season? Non-undefeated season? No big deal either way. Too bad the students are now on holiday break....the place won't have quite so electric a feeling tonight.

Reaction Score
I agree that the chemistry could be effected by both the layoff and integrating the kids back into the lineup. It would be horrible for ME to lose to Duke but I don't think it would hurt our chances for a 9th national championship. We are the gold standard!

Reaction Score
You're thinking TRIPLE digits??

Good God, Tony, you've outdone yourself.

Best chuckle I've had all day. Sure, why not shoot for a triple-digit win?!?

Reaction Score

I really don't get that "Duke should be UP for this game" remark. Am I to assume that normally Duke doesn't want to compete against quality opponents but this game is the exception???? I think it's just a silly remark. Insofar as Duke being ranked No. 2, that means that people assume they're the 2nd best team in the country, not that even if Duke is, it should be a close game. The bookies surely don't have it a single digit spread. The facts are UConn in the past has obliterated teams that were undefeated and highly rated. It has absolutely nothing to do with what will or won't happen tonight. It's a "game of this magnitude" for maybe Duke but for UConn it's another chance to continue developing chemistry and getting better. UConn has answered every challenge it's been given for a very long time. I discussed in a different post that Notre Dame is the only team that I've seen show poise when things start going wrong that we've played against over the last number of years. Every other team including Stanford has folded when we had a lead and started a run against them. No one, especially Duke coached teams, has shown that type of poise other than the Irish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom