Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Kemba Walker

Votes: 143 53.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Your mommy lets you play on the yard after homework and a diaper change......how nice
I don’t even know what ur trying to do with this response.....I guess ur joke went over my head....but for someone as righteous as you to come on a men’s basketball board and fight for women’s rights I would expect a more above the board approach than lame jokes

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Lol, it's hard enough to compare the guys between eras and you want to add in the women too? The woman's board has these threads as well. There's some tough competition between, Taurasi, Stewart, Bird, and Moore. Lobo gets some love for starting it all and for being a great representative of the university.

FWIW, Sue Bird is having some great instagram chat with friends and players. Geno just started one up as well. His chat with Taurasi is hysterical in places and interesting in others. The first 5 minutes is Geno staring at the screen before he realizes he has to click on Taurasi to invite her.
I think Kerry Bascom (sp?) REALLY started it all but Lobo took it to the next level. Jeez I'm old.

Reaction Score
I don’t even know what ur trying to do with this response.....I guess ur joke went over my head....but for someone as righteous as you to come on a men’s basketball board and fight for women’s rights I would expect a more above the board approach than lame jokes
You'd think the guy (or gal?) coming to the men's board to complain about women not being included in a poll asking for the greatest men's player wouldn't make a misogynistic (and bad) joke.

I suppose dads don't change diapers.

Or raise kids.

:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Man, Kemba should win but Bazz is a close second. Damn. To me, they are 1a and 1b. Just when greatness was slipping away from the program, they both stepped up and snatched it back. We are due for another UConn great and I think I know who it is.

Reaction Score
Man, Kemba should win but Bazz is a close second. Damn. To me, they are 1a and 1b. Just when greatness was slipping away from the program, they both stepped up and snatched it back. We are due for another UConn great and I think I know who it is.
Yep
The question is “who has the biggest cajones”
Those two guys have the 4 biggest.....

Reaction Score
Agreed. Matt Garry is ready to prove the haters wrong.

Reaction Score
Kemba wins in a landslide, as I expected.

no doubt, he should. i’ve been a fan since the cliff robinson era and calhoun had some great teams and individual talent but c’mon nothing beat that one season run.

Reaction Score
There is no argument, whatsoeverever, that will ever show that Bazz, whom I love, was better than Mek, who was the best player in the NCAA, period. They’re on two different levels.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
In all seriousness, this GOAT poll on twitter has me bugging out. I have no idea how I can choose between Ray Allen and Shabazz.

Reaction Score
There is no argument, whatsoeverever, that will ever show that Bazz, whom I love, was better than Mek, who was the best player in the NCAA, period. They’re on two different levels.

Is the poll asking who the better player is or who had the better UConn career? If you look at Shabazz’s career accolades, he’s hard to beat.

In all seriousness, this GOAT poll on twitter has me bugging out. I have no idea how I can choose between Ray Allen and Shabazz.

I’m basing my vote off of UConn career only, so for me it’s Shabazz easy. Both 2-time first team all-conference, both conference player of the year, both first team All-Americans, but 2 NCs > 0 NCs.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
How about some consideration for Corny Thompson, (pre-Calhoun coaching).
No doubt, Corny was a UConn great.

Although I don't think the seeding for the GOAT brackets from which my top eight were drawn is without its flaws, they have Corny as a four seed, which means he's among the top 16. I think that's pretty fair to his legacy. This poll was for the greatest, and I don't think he stood a viable shot for that distinction.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
To me, Mek & Kemba are 1 & 1A. Then Bazz, then Ray. College careers only.
If I include pros -- which I'm not inclined to do -- Ray moves up and Mek moves down. But not far. Then it's Kemba and Ray as 1 & 1A, then Mek.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Toby Kimballl, the best big man rebounder in school history and finished well at the hoop.
Art Quimby might have something to say about that. Are you not counting the leading single game, season and career rebounder in school history because he was only 6-5?

Reaction Score
To me, Mek & Kemba are 1 & 1A. Then Bazz, then Ray. College careers only.
If I include pros -- which I'm not inclined to do -- Ray moves up and Mek moves down. But not far. Then it's Kemba and Ray as 1 & 1A, then Mek.

College careers only I’d go Kemba & Bazz 1a + 1b then Rip, then Emeka, and then Ray. IMO those are unquestionably the top 5 with El-Amin, Donyell, Ben, Caron, etc. right behind.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
How about some consideration for Corny Thompson, (pre-Calhoun coaching).
[Insert obligatory "how good would 80-82 teams have been if Calhoun had coached Corny, McKay and Chuck (he's dead to me now) Aleksinas?]

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Is the poll asking who the better player is or who had the better UConn career? If you look at Shabazz’s career accolades, he’s hard to beat.

I’m basing my vote off of UConn career only, so for me it’s Shabazz easy. Both 2-time first team all-conference, both conference player of the year, both first team All-Americans, but 2 NCs > 0 NCs.

Donyell was my first favorite player, I fell in love with UConn basketball in his great '94 season. Ray Allen then became, and is probably still to this day, my favorite player ever, college and pro. Shabazz and Kemba both crept up on Ray and to this point, gun to my head, if you say "who's your favorite player ever" I would say Ray Allen but Shabazz would be right on the tip of my tongue.

Ray Allen, and our team, was SO GOOD those years, I think it's hard to just say 2>0. That's his stain, but look at the teams he was on, look at their record, look at his numbers, his athleticism, he was a star. And he won Big East POY over Kerry Kittles and Allen Iverson, 2 other easy All-Americans and lottery picks. The dude was just insane.

I actually didn't end up voting in that twitter poll (I think it's done by now) because I stared at it for 20 minutes, wasting my day, and realized I couldn't make a decision right then.

Not only my 2 favorite players ever, but 2 incredibly accomplished guys. Rip vs. Kemba is darn tough too, but I happen to love Kemba more so that does it for me, plus 1 extra F4. But that's the same type of argument, Rip's career numbers, accomplishments, etc. are insane!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Art Quimby might have something to say about that. Are you not counting the leading single game, season and career rebounder in school history because he was only 6-5?
He was a possibility. But Kimball I suspect still the best rebounder in school history. For two years Ed Slomcinski (sp?) was in his way.

Reaction Score
That and the intangibles is why I have to go with Kemba.

Interesting. I hadn't thought of that, but the same "representative" considerations tipped in favor of Kemba for me. The championship matters. Putting the team on his back mattered. As @CL82 and @B1GEast note, the eleven game run and the five in five days mattered. And he really could not be better a ambassador for everything you would want the University to represent.

I have said this before and been pilloried for it, but I always had a perception of Ray as a little soft in college. Perhaps it was JC's game plan, but my image of him is always camped at the three point line, not driving and mixing it up like Kemba, Rip or Shabazz so often did. And, fair or not, the lack of a NC hurts him imo.
My lasting impression of Ray was a spectacular drive and dunk against Syracuse. He jumped so fast and so high it shocked me.

Reaction Score
For me it's a toss up between Shabazz and Kemba. Kemba had better players around him IMO, but that 11 game win streak was legendary.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No doubt, Corny was a UConn great.

Although I don't think the seeding for the GOAT brackets from which my top eight were drawn is without its flaws, they have Corny as a four seed, which means he's among the top 16. I think that's pretty fair to his legacy. This poll was for the greatest, and I don't think he stood a viable shot for that distinction.

He has a good argument for top ten. But #1? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom