Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Kemba Walker

Votes: 143 53.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Men's basketball players only considered.

I included all the #1 and #2 seeds from the brackets and listed them in alphabetical order. I was very close to adding Khalid as my personal favorite, but that would have been biased and opened the door to all the #3 seeds, which I don't think is realistic for the GOAT, no matter how you characterize it.

Obviously this is not just stats. Not just championships. Not just college and not just NBA. Not just on the court but off the court, too; i.e., who do you think is the greatest Husky of all-time? All things considered, who do you think is the single greatest representative of all the things you think it means to be a Husky?

You cannot change your vote.

You can only view the results after voting.

Poll will close in seven days.
I cant believe Kemba is ahead of Ray. Sure if we are talking only college its Kemba but this is about totality of the player and I think its Ray and at this point its not even close. I think his two NBA titles trumps Kemba 1 national championship and of course points, all star appearances etc. are just ahead of Kemba. Hes also rated the 54th best player of all time lol!

Reaction Score
Interesting that Thabeet was the #2 pick in the NBA draft, yet never mentioned as a great.

I was hoping for the best for him but deep down I knew that while he did improve significantly through three years at UConn, he would get pushed around in the pros and would need to get ALOT better to consistently produce anything worthy of a #2 pick.
I couldn't believe he went #2 in the draft. I remember I literally chuckled when they announced the pick. A great kid but watching him for 3 years it was clear to see that at best he`d be a role guy off the bench but he couldnt even do that.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm surprised Caron didn't make the list.
Interesting that Thabeet was the #2 pick in the NBA draft, yet never mentioned as a great.

I was hoping for the best for him but deep down I knew that while he did improve significantly through three years at UConn, he would get pushed around in the pros and would need to get ALOT better to consistently produce anything worthy of a #2 pick.
Khalid, Caron, Thabeet and Tony Hanson were all #3 seeds in that GOAT bracket. I debated whether to expand the poll to 12 choices and include them, especially since Khalid is my favorite, but I decided that it wouldn't ultimately help select the one "greatest Husky." Ben is the only one of the eight I would have considered subbing out, but again I didn't want to inject my bias so I stuck with the seeds from the brackets.

Reaction Score
If it wasn't for all of the gender bias on the board, how could it not be Breanna Stewart? 4 years, 4 NC .......

Reaction Score
If it wasn't for all of the gender bias on the board, how could it not be Breanna Stewart? 4 years, 4 NC .......

Pretty simple. She didn't play against the same competition or even close as any of them men listed. And the men listed didn't play with 3-4 other McD AA's on the same team.

Other than that I see your point. :rolleyes:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I cant believe Kemba is ahead of Ray. Sure if we are talking only college its Kemba but this is about totality of the player and I think its Ray and at this point its not even close. I think his two NBA titles trumps Kemba 1 national championship and of course points, all star appearances etc. are just ahead of Kemba. Hes also rated the 54th best player of all time lol!

I believe it's about the totality of the person, with an emphasis on their mark on and representation of the men's basketball program and what each of us thinks it means to be a Husky. As I said, NBA matters, but it is up to each of us how much. I think for most here, college matters more. As do National Championships.

Wrong board:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lol, it's hard enough to compare the guys between eras and you want to add in the women too? The woman's board has these threads as well. There's some tough competition between, Taurasi, Stewart, Bird, and Moore. Lobo gets some love for starting it all and for being a great representative of the university.

FWIW, Sue Bird is having some great instagram chat with friends and players. Geno just started one up as well. His chat with Taurasi is hysterical in places and interesting in others. The first 5 minutes is Geno staring at the screen before he realizes he has to click on Taurasi to invite her.

Reaction Score
Then perhaps the OP should have been worded differently. Last time I checked, their uniforms had UCONN across the front. Now that you mention it, why wasn't Diana on the list?

this was a poll posted specifically on the Men's board that explicitly states only men's basketball players are considered in this poll. How is this even being talked about

I swear people will try to pick an argument with anything..

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Then perhaps the OP should have been worded differently. Last time I checked, their uniforms had UCONN across the front. Now that you mention it, why wasn't Diana on the list?
Wrong. Board.

Start your own poll if you want. That's what I did when I didn't like the GOAT brackets method.

Reaction Score
this was a poll posted specifically on the Men's board that explicitly states only men's basketball players are considered in this poll. How is this even being talked about

I swear people will try to pick an argument with anything..
How come some posters on here get a pass on their replies and others get blasted by thin skinned people. Kind of makes it easy to pick out the intelligent folks on here because they are sitting at their computer or smart phone shaking their heads or laughing at the idiots we are. I suggest a tanning bed, supposedly will turn your skin to leather.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
How come some posters on here get a pass on their replies and others get blasted by thin skinned people. Kind of makes it easy to pick out the intelligent folks on here because they are sitting at their computer or smart phone shaking their heads or laughing at the idiots we are. I suggest a tanning bed, supposedly will turn your skin to leather.
Because your replies have no proper purpose here.

Reaction Score
Speaking of thin-skinned, you're on here complaining that women aren't included, accusing virtually every poster of sexism, all because you failed to read the context of the poll.

You've been told multiple times the focus of this poll is the Men's program, yet you choose to be offended and complain at the exclusion of women because of your extremely thick skin??

Diana wasn't included because this poll is for the men. Go create your own poll with or without the men.

Reaction Score
When you're done questioning people's intelligence, can you help us understand what part of this opening sentence of the original post is confusing for you?

Reaction Score

Um, this is the “UConn Men’s Basketball” board. You won’t find a single person on this site hating on Taurasi or Stewart. This doesn’t have a single thing to do with sexism.

Reaction Score
Dude this is the men’s basketball board, I think your trying to dig a little too deep

Reaction Score
When you're done questioning people's intelligence, can you help us understand what part of this opening sentence of the original post is confusing for you?
Go back to the poll and then reply to me. Not post #1, the poll.

Reaction Score
Go back to the poll and then reply to me. Not post #1, the poll.

OP=Original Post

The OP was worded just fine.

The OP accompanies the poll and clearly explains the guidelines/context. If you were too lazy to read it, that's on you.

When you're done virtue signaling, maybe try to contribute something meaningful to the thread.

Reaction Score
Because your replies have no proper purpose here.
I've read literally thousands of your replies to various subjects on the board. I do not reply when I take issue with some of them. Just glad that I'm worth the effort you're putting into this.

Reaction Score
The post accompanies the poll and clearly explains the guidelines/context. If you were too lazy to read it, that's on you.

When you're done virtue signaling, maybe try to contribute something meaningful to the thread.
What do morals have to do with any of this?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've read literally thousands of your replies to various subjects on the board. I do not reply when I take issue with some of them. Just glad that I'm worth the effort you're putting into this.
Thank you for your interest in UConn basketball.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Thank you for your interest in UConn Men's Basketball.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer