Poll - conference game threads | The Boneyard

Poll - conference game threads

Which is best for conference game discussions?

• One big thread for all games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One thread per day for all games

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • One thread per game

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Do folks want one big thread for the daily games, or separate threads for individual games, or both? I merged some threads but realized some folks might think their thread deleted. None were deleted; I just merged the threads because there were two or three that were discussing the same game.

What's do folks think is easiest to read?

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Posters often make abbreviated responses in a one-thread-fits-all that don't clearly point to a particular person or game.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think one thread per day works pretty well until something extraordinary starts to happen in a game. Most of the conference games are pretty standard and not all that significant, and comments tend to be more one off, or they turn into seeding implications.
But then an Ohio State happens and it can be nice to call out the extraordinary in its own thread so people that have gotten bored with a day-long thread might not be alerted to a specific game.

I think allowing for individual threads during the day is fine, and then merging them the following day after they pretty well peter out is fine.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
What about one thread per conference? And then maybe one per region for the NCAA.

I also like one thread per conference.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
What about one thread per conference? And then maybe one per region for the NCAA.
I like this idea. Conferences will play one game at a time so that should eliminate any confusion about which game is being discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom