Poll Best 4 Teams SEC or ACC

Conference with Four Best Teams is

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Which conference do you think has the best Top Teams SEC, ACC or other.

SEC teams are South Carolina, Tenn, Texas A&M and Kentucky
ACC teams are Notre Dame, Duke, Louisville and North Carolina

I picked the teams that I thought were the best in the respective conference. If you think there is another team that should have been picked, please post.

Reaction Score
Out of the box, I would say the ACC.....Lets see what the SEC does through mid December........

Reaction Score
I guess I am a dummy..I don't get the question? Best teams in ACC or SEC? Those teams?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This year the SEC. None of the ACC teams you listed will be as good as they were last year, while I expect all of the top 4 SEC schools to be improved. I'll get to see Kentucky and South Carolina up close in December.... and Duke goes to TAMU as well.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
SEC Tennessee, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Kentucky. I think are a better. Norte Dame will be real good. Let's see how North Carolina does without Diamond. They still have some good talent. Who will be the go to player for them?

Reaction Score
Which conference do you think has the best Top Teams SEC, ACC or other.

SEC teams are South Carolina, Tenn, Texas A&M and Kentucky
ACC teams are Notre Dame, Duke, Louisville and North Carolina

I picked the teams that I thought were the best in the respective conference. If you think there is another team that should have been picked, please post.
I picked the SEC because I think Duke and L'ville lost a little too much from last years team. Living in CNY though, watch out for Syracuse. They are my sleeper team. With the talent they have returning and a transfer guard from Tenn. Tech who averaged 30 a game and shoots lights out, they could be a lot better.

Reaction Score
ND vs SC. -toss up but I'd go with SC
A&M vs Louisville - slight edge to A&M
UT vs NC - Paint it orange! We have Diamond; well sorta;)
KY vs Duke - KY by 8

Those are my picks but wouldn't be surprised by the sec going 3-1. Granted I picked matchups that would benefit the Sec teams:)

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
SEC Tennessee, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Kentucky. I think are a better. Norte Dame will be real good. Let's see how North Carolina does without Diamond. They still have some good talent. Who will be the go to player for them?

Maybe they'll do something crazy like share the ball ;)

DeShields shot 42.6% including a ghastly 27.9% on 172 3-point attempts. Giving more shots to players like Gray (48.1% FG, 41.8% 3FG) and McDaniel (47.2% FG, 41.2% 3FG) doesn't sound too terrible.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
AAC: UConn, UConn. UConn, and UConn...
628x471.jpg

"...Tell 'em we're in a League of Our Own..." - Coach Geno Auriemma

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Ranking both conferences teams by last year's results.
1 - Tennessee - won SEC tourney and beat SC in their head to head
2 - South Carolina - won SEC regular season, but lost head to head to TN
3 - KY
4 - aTm

1 - Notre Dame
2 - Louisville
3 - UNC
4- Duke

TN vs. ND - TN should win (major emphasis on should), but this game will be played at ND and TN needs to prove they can win the big OOC games
South Carolina vs. Louisville - SC should be the better team since they lost no one and picked up alot. Louisville lost alot of fire power and seemed to go as Shoni goes.
KY vs. UNC - pick UNC due to advantage on the interior, although KY has the better guards outside of Gray for UNC
aTm vs. Duke - pick aTm due to the Courtney's and Gary Blair

SEC 3 to ACC 1

Reaction Score
Good knowledge on Syracuse. They have terrific potential to be top 3 in ACC this year. I didn't know about that guard transfer from Tenn Tech either. I am a Louisville fan and they will not win more than 18 games this year if that and don't see them making the NCAA tournament. The 5 seniors coming back are not strong and the new freshman class of 5 are a bit overrated. The post players ( Vails, Walton, Dyer) can't score though Sara Hammand is good all around but the refs see her as a foul machine so she can't stay on the floor.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I picked the SEC because I think Duke and L'ville lost a little too much from last years team. Living in CNY though, watch out for Syracuse. They are my sleeper team. With the talent they have returning and a transfer guard from Tenn. Tech who averaged 30 a game and shoots lights out, they could be a lot better.

Do they expect Skyes to play this year? If she was healthy I might have had them in my top 4 in the ACC

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well ND LVille and TAM all have great coaches. Talent and Experience will be a big factor as well as team chemistry. ND adn LVille imo lack rebounding. ND has some really good shooters but you live and die by your shot. Neither league has great defense. Alot of question marks in both conferences. Dont be surprised to see a final 4 of a team or two who is considered a Cinderella.

Reaction Score
I expect ND to be very good. I also don't think SC will be as good as everyone thinks. They need more guards. I am seeing a Texas AM battle with TN for the title.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Well ND LVille and TAM all have great coaches. Talent and Experience will be a big factor as well as team chemistry. ND adn LVille imo lack rebounding. ND has some really good shooters but you live and die by your shot. Neither league has great defense. Alot of question marks in both conferences. Dont be surprised to see a final 4 of a team or two who is considered a Cinderella.
Obviously this is a different year, but last season Notre Dame was 21st in the NCAA in rebounding %, which was tied with UConn. ND lost Achonwa and Braker, which certainly hurts, but sophomore Reimer seems to be developing some aggressiveness to her game, so that should help, and freshman Turner is a very good leaper. Muffet says that Turner will be focusing on defense and rebounding early in the season and later she'll be integrated more into the offense. I would think that Turner's athleticism and height would more than offset Braker's veteran savvy. If so, then the question essentially becomes can Reimer rebound nearly as well as Achonwa. (Of course ND also needs to replace McBride's rebounding.)

Reaction Score
Do they expect Skyes to play this year? If she was healthy I might have had them in my top 4 in the ACC
From what I have read Sykes is playing. The guard I mentioned averaged 20 per game not 30. They also added a 6'6" soph post player. They could make the ACC interesting.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Interesting question - I went SEC but ... To the very good coaches I think you have to add Dawn. What she has done for SC is pretty impressive following on her previous run. And SC has a very strong team - could well be #2 in they nation. And I think last year's disappointing exit from the NCAAs was a good motivator for the returning players.
TN - they were saying 'addition by subtraction' with their back court so we will see. I do think DD as a practice player unable to play in games could be a distraction - difficult to practice with your best player who is also a unique talent and then play games without her.

ND should be good and Turner should develop, but how long can MM do the smoke and mirrors of graduating stars and getting stronger? McBride and Achonwa are big shoes to fill year again.
The rest of the ACC ...?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
From what I have read Sykes is playing. The guard I mentioned averaged 20 per game not 30. They also added a 6'6" soph post player. They could make the ACC interesting.

If Sykes is healthy and playing like she did last season....... They could challenge for #2 in the Conference. I was really looking forward to watching them play last season, but the ice storm during the ACC tourney ... along with NC State.. prevented me from doing so.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Obviously this is a different year, but last season Notre Dame was 21st in the NCAA in rebounding %, which was tied with UConn. ND lost Achonwa and Braker, which certainly hurts, but sophomore Reimer seems to be developing some aggressiveness to her game, so that should help, and freshman Turner is a very good leaper. Muffet says that Turner will be focusing on defense and rebounding early in the season and later she'll be integrated more into the offense. I would think that Turner's athleticism and height would more than offset Braker's veteran savvy. If so, then the question essentially becomes can Reimer rebound nearly as well as Achonwa. (Of course ND also needs to replace McBride's rebounding.)

The most difficult part of Anchonwa's game to replace is her passing ability. She was very integral to their offensive sets and this is also why her absence in the NCAAs was such a big miss for ND. I hear that Reimer is not the passer that Anchonwa was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom